Do you prefer Rammus being able to deactivate DBC by pressing W again?

Yes 199 41.20%
No 284 58.80%
Voters: 483. You may not vote on this poll

Quick question for Rammus players

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

who am i again

03-15-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotTerra View Post
1. ok
2. ok

But really,
1. Yes - I sometimes deactivate it after I finish a jungle camp with it on so that it is off CD slightly sooner for the next camp (but that is pretty minor...)
2. Yes - Sometimes in team fights I just spam all my stuff as quick as possible (E / R / W) and then I can't tell if I actually got my W to activate or not.
Did you actually read what Solcrushed said? -.-
The cd starts when you activate it, not when you deactivate.

Super Explosion

03-15-2013

Quote:
2. Yes - Sometimes in team fights I just spam all my stuff as quick as possible (E / R / W) and then I can't tell if I actually got my W to activate or not.
You know, they could always add some sort of larger potentially side-screen indicator for when Rammus is in Defensive Ball Curl.

Similar to the taking-damage indicator.

Might even add immersion for the player of a tough-shelled armordillo!

(As long as it doesn't clutter the screen.)

(Could even work for other sustained, toggleable, or any similar abilities, too!)

Edit: You owe me dark favors if you use this Riot.

RiotTerra

Technical QA Analyst

03-15-2013
4 of 4 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by who am i again View Post
Did you actually read what Solcrushed said? -.-
The cd starts when you activate it, not when you deactivate.
Oops, missed that part. Thanks!

And wow, couple hundred rammus games and never noticed that... GG.

Jalkan

03-15-2013

make the turn off icon different from the activate icon like garens e

Dataslave

Adjudicator

03-15-2013

Honestly, there's no need for the ability to toggle anymore, unless you're planning on adding something to his kit to give him a need to for the toggle.

Weegee7

03-15-2013

Please make this change. Leaving Defensive Ball Curl is not ok.

IplayforfunFU

03-15-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solcrushed View Post
I am currently considering taking away the ability on Rammus to deactivate Defensive Ball Curl off manually.

This function was originally there because Powerball could not be cast in DBC but now seems to be serving chiefly as a trap for Rammus players who accidently turn it off.

There are two reasons I can see currently where manual deactivation of DBC is advantageous to the Rammus player: Not drawing turret aggro & buff leashes

So questions below:
1. Do you use the deactivation for any other reason than the two mentioned above?
2. Have you deactivated DBC by mistake before?

NOTE: Rammus will still be able to 'deactivate W by pressing Q' What I am considering taking away is the ability to press W again to deactivate

Also, CD on DBC ticks the moment you activate, so you cannot 'gain' CD by turning it off early
Question is getting a new icon, which would solve all the problems you mention, somehow beyond the scope of what the live team can do? is a core code of the game engine attached to the icon?

Seriously as someone with more than 200 rammus games, i can say yes to both of those.

If somehow the icon is indeed attached to the game code like a tumor to an artery i can recommend making the DBC graphic effect more noticeable?.

slipstreem

03-15-2013

In some more chaotic teamfights I have certainly seen that my DBC is not grayed out(even with different picture, in the heat of the moment it happens) and accidently clicked it again turning it off.. oops

I would welcome this change as with the hec nerfs, I will probably be busting out rammus a bit more in the jungle I hope

Navn

03-15-2013

Sorta off topic, I posted a suggestion for a Rammus late-game buff before:

While Tremors is active, if Rammus is in Power Ball mode, he can only run into champions (to break power ball)

This makes Rammus actually do something late game. He can now ACTUALLY dive, and juke jive, without worrying about minions.

Would this ever be possible?

IplayforfunFU

03-15-2013

Quote:
1. ok
2. ok

But really,
1. Yes - I sometimes deactivate it after I finish a jungle camp with it on so that it is off CD slightly sooner for the next camp (but that is pretty minor...)
You are not a Rammus player, else you would realize that DBC cooldown is independent of DBC, basically if you run a full DBC at zero CDR you get an 8 sec CD.

With max CDR at full duration DBC CD is 2.4 second and thats when the problems for Rammus begins, you cant tell if DBC has ended and gone back up without paying some serious attention.

EDIT

my bad if i said you are not a rammus player, but i mean havent you ran massive CDR in season 2 with FH, masteries, and randuin? slap blue sometimes from steals, you sure might notice the 2 seconds CD on a 14 sec CD skill.