So, about that Karma leak...

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

afrovamp

03-15-2013

Cant wait for her release!

Nicksiren

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-15-2013

So she has 2 damaging abilities and a "fake" passive that can easily be moved to the tooltip for her ultimate...

So my question is this: Will activating Mantra reset the ability to use spells, except in their empowered form? (ie. Use Q ~> Mantra ~> Empowered Q right after Mantra)

Also, going back to the first statement: Why continue to give champions passives like this which can easily be put into other abilities (Shyvanna, Syndra, etc... there are many more.)? Champion passive slots are such a precious tool that shouldn't be wasted on things like this (imo), and could be instead used to add another dynamic element to her kit. Whyyyy?

limbrok

03-15-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Bunny View Post
Just on one spell? old Karma had it in all her spells.
Leadership doesn't entail just helping others.

I can see leader figures like Jarvan, as well, someone who inspires and leads into battle.

Leadership doesn't mean healing and shielding and supporting. Do you think Soraka is a leader? No, I think she's a medic who stays in the back line. Based on your description of a leader, though, Soraka is the most akin to a leader out of all LoL champions just because all of her abilities save her Q can assist allies.

-- How does this tie in with Karma? Well, she will be having a much more tremendous effect on the battle field by speeding up allies, chasing foes, and tying up her resources among multiple targets, including her allies with shields.

Scarizard

Live Balance Designer

03-15-2013
40 of 43 Riot Posts

Quote:
"Well goodbye to support Karma"
She's actually been doing very well as a support from internal tests. Statikk and JHa, two members of Live Design that play supports quite well actually -prefer- her as support. She's not your 'sit-back-and-heal' kind of support, but one that gets in your face - after all, Gathering Fire rewards players who are able to calculate aggression inbetween Mantra CD's, and support is a natural place for her to apply pressure to the enemy lane and protect her ally. Even as the game goes on, Soulflare and Defiance are great teamfighting tools - so i'm not really worried about this. Endgame she can even pick up Wota, Twin Shadows - even a soulstealer (!) and benefit pretty well from the ability power to be a supplemental damage force (Sightstone/Philosopher's Stone/Liandry's Zyra, anyone?)

Quote:
"No waveclear?"
I clarified this in an earlier post, but Inner Flame -is- AoE upon striking a target. You can still Q+E2 a wave if you like, or Q2 a wave - wiping out minions with the initial blast, and hitting them again with the circle's detonation. Her waveclear is lower than it is on live, but as we gave her other strengths we didn't feel she needs to instant 2 shot waves. I understand that this is something that players enjoyed, and while it is still intact - we had to trade some strengths in her non-interactive gameplay to put it elsewhere.

Quote:
"When Karma uses E2, will she get a shield?."
Inspire is a basic ally-targeted shield - can be cast on self, ally champions and allied minions/pets (basically anything you can use Lulu's shield on). Defiance will give the basic Inspire shield to whomever she targets, then additionally radiates out the bonus shield to nearby allied champions - what this means is whoever you use Defiance on will get Base + Bonus shield, and allies in range will only get Bonus. I hope that makes it clear!

Gotta run to a quick meeting, but here are some answers to chew on - BRB with explanation on passive changes and more!

nvm got meeting-baited: BACK TO READING AND TYPING!

HarryOrunitia

03-15-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by limbrok View Post
Leadership doesn't entail just helping others.

I can see leader figures like Jarvan, as well, someone who inspires and leads into battle.

Leadership doesn't mean healing and shielding and supporting. Do you think Soraka is a leader? No, I think she's a medic who stays in the back line. Based on your description of a leader, though, Soraka is the most akin to a leader out of all LoL champions just because all of her abilities save her Q can assist allies.

-- How does this tie in with Karma? Well, she will be having a much more tremendous effect on the battle field by speeding up allies, chasing foes, and tying up her resources among multiple targets, including her allies with shields.
Well it did mean leadership in Karma's case though. Read her lore and especially her league judgement, it gives a pretty good idea of the kind of figure she is (was) in the battlefield and in her relation to her people.

Regina George

03-15-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by limbrok View Post
That sounds exactly like old Karma does it not?

Jivira

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-15-2013

I personally am a fan of full dresses and proportional breasts. I am highly disappointed in the destruction of the classy Asian looks of her old skins. This is not to say the new splash art is not appealing, but I love the old Karma for the fact that she had a look so rare in games today. She was the type of thing that might aid in making games more female friendly. It also provided a look that was not so fully western-centric.

Of course, I am all for her getting a rework, but please give me all of her old skins with FULL skirts, not this cut to non-existence stuff. And please, powers that be, DO NOT make her some big breasted look alike with the body type of EVERY other female model ever put into a game. If you read anything about sexism or body image, it is easy to say this game needs the diversity of a small, tasteful female champ. I'm happy for there to be a progression of the character, a re-emphasis and re-focus that brings out the core Ionian Karma -nes of Karma, but you can do that without tossing out everything from her old model. I love the old model and the cultural diversity it represents.

Healurownbum

03-15-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinta Calvert View Post
The shield and the CC. Heals and shields are not the only things that make a good support, otherwise Blitzcrank, Leona and Shen would be trash-tier supports.
Q slow which unless the range is good and stays around for a decent amount doesnt do much, and the W unless has good range the CC itself can be easily avoid. Hell as W does dmg its best to take a small step back let it break and then go on. So again just rly E.

FrozenMistninja

Recruiter

03-15-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by XeroValentine View Post
i guess that they had to make the changes because too few players actually tried learning her or gave up half-way because of the common misconception that she was sh*t but i honestly enjoyed playing karma as an ap champ with ignite and barrier or heal and barrier depending on the lane (plus build archangel's staff for triple shield bating lol i got this tactic from Siv HD) but i really liked the baiting that took place when i played her like that... literally got ppl asking me if her passive stoped me from dying or something because they didn't know what it did...

I'm sorry that she got reworked because i found her hard to learn and although i didnt master her i found her to be enjoyable and OP in the right situation like most champs should be

but i also understand why the rework was necessary because why spend months working hard on a champion that few ppl try to play because she has a bad name... at the end of the day it's us the players that choose how the game's developed because if we striked and boycotted the game with a big enough movement (like almost any other company in the world) we would get their attention so yh the majority speaks... such is life :/

Karma was by far a top 5 hardest learning curve champ in the game. Not only did most karma players not know how to play her, but your team usually had no clue what she did either.....So overall I support the rework, But I swear if They dont put fans on her, in recall, or taunt, or at least a funny reference to them in the joke, I wont give her so much as one play over finding out if she has a fan.. The whole time I have played Karma I have felt I am the only karama lover, and I have 5 friends on my friends list, that only became friends with me, because we had fun chats about karma in game, or talked about how cool she was when everyone else thought she sucked. KEEP THE FANS AS A SYMBOL (A SYMBOL FOR ALL THE KARMA PLAYERS THAT WERE HER FAN ALL ALONG!!!) Please riot make my year by doing this for the players that love her, forget a free skin, I could care less....Keep the fans!

Koechophe

03-15-2013

Can I ask why you guys decided to remove the spirit bond interaction (namely, walk through the bond, get hurt/helped)? It seemed like a really unique gameplay that was enjoyable and high risk.