So, about that Karma leak...

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

CorruptionCarl

03-15-2013

But, seriously though Riot. One of the advantages to Karma was her ability to run away from a champion, only to turn around and burst them down to 0% when Karma had low health and the bonus AP. Make her new passive apart of her Ultimate, and bring back Inner Flame Passive please.

Rogue Winter

03-15-2013

QUESTION. Will Syndra and Karma have an epic Ionian showdown? Seeing as how Syndra is planning on putting her balls to the wall and destroying Ionia, how will Karma react?

Kinvaras666

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-15-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Piaras View Post
This also bothers me, as I was always a fan of support Karma.

I'm okay with everything in the new kit except for W. The new W, while more effective, strikes me as a tad more boring. I wish there was still some form of ally interaction on it, maybe a heal that gives some of Karma's health to allies? Or some kind of crazy ally to enemy tether?

I think the main thing that bothers me is that from a support's perspective she shifted from mitigation/healing to crowd control, and there are plenty of crowd control supports already. While I know some of the game designers have a problem with healing, I though Karma's old kit combined healing and mitigation in a fun way.
More like she became someone who pokes, like Lulu

DemiluniS

03-15-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mandroo View Post
As a fan of Karma, I do not like the sound of this new kit. I have two points of interest;

1. Her passive. So we get another champ that basically has no passive? It could easily be put right on her R, and you give her something a little more interesting in the passive slot.

2. The tether sounds almost identical to LeBlanc's, sans mantra effect. Why not do something cool and REVERSE the root requirement. Make it so if they break the tether, they get rooted. That would be new and interesting, since we already have tethers that do something if they don't break them (LeBlanc, Morgana, Nocturne), and none that go the other way. You could even make this the mantra effect or something, to mess with the enemy and actually give you a reason to spend your charge on it.
1. maybe cuz her whole kit just based about this karma charge? ryze got a cd reduction on his spells from using spells, skarner uses autoattacks to reduce the cd, and they both are good champs cuz their kit got a synergy between the abilities, and that's why karma will be good

2. i'm more sad for leblanc, cuz in comprison of the abilities leblanc got a ****, that's it

iEklypze

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-15-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morello View Post
You do know Katarina had to be nerfed after the rework because she was so strong? Same with GP after his E changes.

Either way, combing over the power line-by-line is likely a dead-end because of how much has changed. This makes balance and balance predictions difficult for devs and the community
I still miss AD Kat with godlike bouncing blade. My Kitty Kat collects so much dust now.

Noblepeasant

03-15-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Piaras View Post
This also bothers me, as I was always a fan of support Karma.

I'm okay with everything in the new kit except for W. The new W, while more effective, strikes me as a tad more boring. I wish there was still some form of ally interaction on it, maybe a heal that gives some of Karma's health to allies? Or some kind of crazy ally to enemy tether?

I think the main thing that bothers me is that from a support's perspective she shifted from mitigation/healing to crowd control, and there are plenty of crowd control supports already. While I know some of the game designers have a problem with healing, I though Karma's old kit combined healing and mitigation in a fun way.

She has a shield. That's better than a heal in MANY cases.

BadgerDrool

03-15-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ansaa View Post
Most of the time, she'd be hit hard before she closed to melee range and 1-shotted with her low health before she had a chance to shield (Because that shield is also her burst... and she wasn't close enough.)

Like they said, her kit wasn't perfect. It had flaws; and the playstyle of risking low HP was iffy.
Right your making the mistake everyone does. And it's silly.

Karma's bread and butter combo is E to shield herself, walk up and Q the enemy. Walk away. Yup. No Mantra use.

Never save E if it's going to get you killed. It lasts 5 seconds and adds a ton of health. Use it before you take a risk to both get it through part of it's cooldown and absorb. This also allows you to save mantra for Q which is far better when you are low on health.

A 10% health Karma staying on the edge of a fight can shield herself. Walk up. Mantra Q. Do damage and healing and get herself much healthier. She'll be really hard to kill with this combo. If she's hit a point where she splashed in some Arm and MR it'll be even sillier.

Look let me be blunt. Saving Mantra and E because you think you'll last long enough to get the shield burst off is a game play mistake and not using Karma's kit to it's full extent. Mantra E+ Q is awesome but think before doing it. It's not the only way she can juggle her abilities by any means.

xoxGemeyexox

03-15-2013

I love the changes for the tether, I honestly thought that was how it worked until I played her in a game. It gives a definite use to the ability. Also, the self-heal of the tether is also going to benefit her in-lane, which is obviously what Riot is getting at. The new skill shot Q is going to be definitely interesting, changing Karma from a shorter-range to a longer range champ (again, good for solo mid or top play). The Mantra bonus on this ability is definitely going to be interesting in teamfights, with a large amount of AoE spell damage.
The shield is also a nice change, with the speed boost compensating for the loss of the allies tether speed boost. That the mantra bonus makes it an AoE shield AND an AoE speed buff is awesome.
I have one question. Is the Mantra ability going to still max at two charges? It says that basic attacks and dealing damage will lower its cooldown, does that refer to the cooldown on gaining charges?

DemiluniS

03-15-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by WicketyWak View Post
Will Karma be keeping up to two max charges on Mantra or has it been reduced to one?
do you even read what the designer wrote before reading the abilities ?! !

Drakere

03-15-2013

They removed everything unique about Karma and replaced it with generic abilities taken from other champions.

Seriously? How is this a good remake