So, about that Karma leak...

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

chumbler

03-15-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zerglinator View Post
Well I thought it was cool.

And besides, you kind of have to hurt Karma to kill her, meaning she'll still benefit from her passive. I'm a bit confused over how it was useless against good players. Do good players get access to the Disable her from using bonus AP from her passive Cannon?
Good job, you figured it out. A good player isn't going to just waddle up to a low health Karma without disabling her or otherwise making sure she can't fight back in that situation (i.e. monitoring mantra charges, mana, and cooldowns).

Jman650

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-15-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by phatcat09 View Post
Except opinion opinion opinion opinion.
sweet ad hominem bro

Rikard023

03-15-2013

It feels kinda depressing to see the new skills they seem just like other champs skills put onto one champion.

The mantra version of Focus Resolve seems to be exactly like Ethereal Chains but not a skill shot and with a heal that applies to only Karma.

Karma's new Q when mantra powered sounds like Lux's Lucent Singularity,

and the shield is pretty much an aoe version of what she already had.

Karma used to be pretty unique, and without the what was one of the best heals in the game and the ability to boost both herself and allies in battle she truly was made for a team she doesn't look like a support anymore. I just feel shes a generic AP Mage now.

Wrathful Chicken

03-15-2013

My god this is amazing. A ridiculously strong e buff, actual reliable damage source from w, and a q that is ranged? Couldn't ask for anything more. Only problem I would have with her is the fact she probably lost melee-range damage capability, though she was squishy without resistances anyways. Now she can deal more damage from far away.

And for those of you who are whining about the removal of aoe heal, that's what heal is for. ._. Most other support-mages don't have healing capabilities anyways, ex. Morgana and Lux with the exception of Zilean which is only from if his ultimate succeeds. . At least she can heal herself unlike the others.

xFenix15

03-15-2013

So does her new Q pass through enemies or is it a first enemy hit skill shot?

BadgerDrool

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-15-2013

Not sure I love the new passive. It's another "Not really a passive" passive. Really underwhelmed by that. Combined with Mantra changes and she'll need a ton of QWE power to make up for it.

Looking at QWE...

hmmmmmm

...so....still no...still no hard CC? W is now a target version of Leblancs skillshot tether? Cleans up the ability but...

Can't tell if Q is a cone or what pattern it is. "Skill shot" doesn't say much..

Two slows and a speed boost...hmm...3 damage abilities that look easier to employ...can still shield to come ontop in trades.

Looks very...weird on paper. I'll have to play with it.

Initial impression? Losing the giant AoE heal is going to make me a bit sad. I'm a little worried that Mantra E is going to be bar none the best team fight option. Overall it seems the "hurt and harm" style has been removed or at least laser focused into Mantra E.

I suspect I'll be able to pick out the nerfed bits pretty easily and my suspicion is they will revolve around extended durability and sustain. Her ability to enable tower dives and extended pushes may really suffer without Mantra Q. Her "level 3 with a bruiser" power may also be dramatically lower.

On the flip side it definitely looks like she has more options without relying on an ally. Only the giant AoE heal was really lost. Otherwise everything else seems to be shuffled.

Cooldowns, AP ratios, and base numbers are going to really be important. As well as "what kind of skillshot?"

My only real disappointment revolves around passive and mantra. While I think this is a good direction for Mantra.... I have to wonder if Karma is now giving up both an ult and a passive for mantra. That passive is just completely underwhelming to look at.

Oh wait...is Karma actually going to be getting an attack range boost? That could be pretty important.

phatcat09

03-15-2013

Can't we do a dual passive.

As karma takes damage she gains something. I really think you're underestimating how unique it was to become stronger as you were weakened.

I mean to me that fits into the whole "iron will" motif you're claim to be attempting to support more than a generic CD reducing passive...

Scarrad 4 Life

03-15-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morello View Post
You do know Katarina had to be nerfed after the rework because she was so strong? Same with GP after his E changes.

Either way, combing over the power line-by-line is likely a dead-end because of how much has changed. This makes balance and balance predictions difficult for devs and the community
I personally don't give a **** about how strong or weak she'll end up becoming.
Karma is one of my absolute favorite champions and this release scares me.
`
I'm mostly worried about the Q change. I love the current Q and I desperately need to know the specifics on how the new Q works. I don't want to hate her because of this change, I really don't.

So could you elaborate a bit on how the Q works? From what I gather it's an AOE that slows and basically gets an extra damage proc after a bit of time. But what are the specifics?

Any current AP ratios on spells? Cooldown on Mantra? Cooldowns on QWE? How about ranges? ETA on PBE release?

These are all pieces of information we who love Karma desperately need, so please at least give us some of this information so we can find peace.

chumbler

03-15-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jman650 View Post
sweet ad hominem bro
That's not what an ad hominem is.

Zerglinator

03-15-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by chumbler View Post
Good job, you figured it out. A good player isn't going to just waddle up to a low health Karma without disabling her or otherwise making sure she can't fight back in that situation (i.e. monitoring mantra charges, mana, and cooldowns).
OH I see, I forgot that low health Karma can only shield herself AFTER being damaged! AND that the bonus AP didn't make her heal stronger!

So how bad has Olaf been this whole time? I mean, all you gotta do is monitor the cooldown on his Ragnarok, and disable him so he can't use that bonus AS, right?