So, about that Karma leak...

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

chumbler

Senior Member

03-15-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by phatcat09 View Post
a.k.a - KARMA like the ONE salvageable thing that made karma karma - karma itself.
Except it was an extremely boring passive that was practically useless against anyone who actually knows what Karma does. It was good at baiting bad players. That's it. It's not salvageable because it's fundamentally bad.

PS Her passive wasn't remotely the thing that made Karma Karma.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Morello

Lead Designer

03-15-2013
37 of 43 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZetsubouFallen View Post
Riot did the same with Katarina rework, another nerf to the kit.

So..you just removed the Heal from Q, and made W a root instead of a slow.
You do know Katarina had to be nerfed after the rework because she was so strong? Same with GP after his E changes.

Either way, combing over the power line-by-line is likely a dead-end because of how much has changed. This makes balance and balance predictions difficult for devs and the community


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Onimus Terlain

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

03-15-2013

I think I liked her old kit more.

But, obviously we'll have to wait and see. None of us know how these changes will play out, after all.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Zerglinator

Senior Member

03-15-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by chumbler View Post
Except it was an extremely boring passive that was practically useless against anyone who actually knows what Karma does. It was good at baiting bad players. That's it.
Well I thought it was cool.

And besides, you kind of have to hurt Karma to kill her, meaning she'll still benefit from her passive. I'm a bit confused over how it was useless against good players. Do good players get access to the Disable her from using bonus AP from her passive Cannon?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

phatcat09

Senior Member

03-15-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by chumbler View Post
Except it was an extremely boring passive that was practically useless against anyone who actually knows what Karma does. It was good at baiting bad players. That's it. It's not salvageable because it's fundamentally bad.

PS Her passive wasn't remotely the thing that made Karma Karma.
Except opinion opinion opinion opinion.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Regina George

Senior Member

03-15-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockMan EXE View Post
My question is, how long would this tether be compared to a Leblanc chain?
After reading Karma's new kit, I now feel like Leblanc needs a rework.

Goodbye fans and old passive, I am going to miss you!


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Hellmouth

Senior Member

03-15-2013

I'm sorry but i don't see this rework doing much for her. Want to know why nobody played her as a support? She can't protect anyone with her tether. A single target enemy tether won't fix that. Adding a slow effect to the AoE of her shield might tho.
Want to know why nobody played her as a carry? Her mantras are what made her able to carry.
Mantras required full cdr to be useful out of lane phase or in team fights. That means you NEED the 40% cdr and even then the recharge rate of them is pretty crappy in fights. Yeah your new passive kinda fixes that, but now what made her strong when she would time her abilities is now taken away. Looks like a lame kit to be honest.
The Mantras no longer change the skills, instead they just empower them like a 5 ferocity rengar or 50 fury renekton.
Going to play her while i can enjoy her, aka, before you put this update on normal servers.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

DarkMorganti

Member

03-15-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morello View Post
You do know Katarina had to be nerfed after the rework because she was so strong? Same with GP after his E changes.

Either way, combing over the power line-by-line is likely a dead-end because of how much has changed. This makes balance and balance predictions difficult for devs and the community
Power level aside, I am gonna miss the heal


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Professor Maple

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

03-15-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarizard View Post
Karma’s basic attacks and abilities now lower Mantra’s cooldown.
Has her auto attack range increased or is she still designed to be a close range champion?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Maeyu

Senior Member

03-15-2013

So.. Let's get this right...

---Her passive is now a 1 sec CD on a spell cast or ability. So... There fore... Mantra is going to be very long CD now compared to before or this is going to be nearly useless compared to the old passive.

Old passive was great for a tanky and baiting Karma. This new one doesn't warrent much for her kit... If you have mantra always up, let's say... your kills are all going to be on CD eventuall and therefore.. useless.

---No more heal? Only on herself? With her new passive, her healing herself is going to be flat out STUPID and not as effective to bringing up her life to bait longer. There is no more baiting since the passive ruined that. You drop low, you try and heal up, if not.. you say "DON"T FIGHT B B B B I'm too low now..." GG.. So fun!

--- So her link is passive a more powerful version of LB minus it not being a stun.. Cool, I guess.

--- Q is a poke... Ummm.... Can't really judge until ratios come out and range.. but I'm fairly certain that her old Q prob trumps that **** out of that... slight delay = 1 sec. so that slow is not saving anyone.

---- Her shield.. While awesome... I'm smart enough to know the range on the mantra is either freakishly low or the ratios are terrible now. Since you gain zero AP now as karma as a passive and can't bait poke... You'll HAVE to build AP and maybe CS some or just tell your ADC to pretty much share warding or tell your team to not expect supprotive items liek aegis, etc.

I can't wait to see her in action though... PBE is a poor way to test because people aren't playing to win there... but for the love of God... reconsider putting her passive to her R as a passive and returning her old passive.