@RIOT - Purpose of the Game

First Riot Post
12345 ... 9
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Aliasear

03-12-2013

As an avid player of League of Legends, I want to ask:

What inspired you guys to create League of Legends? and what goal(s) did you have when you were developing the game?

Aliasear

03-12-2013

Bump

Aliasear

03-12-2013

Bump

Aliasear

03-12-2013

Bump

Cryolyptic

03-12-2013

inb4 red responses

Aliasear

03-12-2013

Bump

Aliasear

03-13-2013

Bump

Zileas

VP of Game Design

03-13-2013
1 of 11 Riot Posts

Well, we are hardcore gamers and wanted to make games for gamers. So, 6 years later... That's what we've done.

At the time we started, there weren't MOBAs that weren't mods, and we saw a wide open field to innovate in. A lot of established gamer genres were already pretty explored. We felt MOBA was not explored much yet, and our early team became very excited by the possibilities. So, we set forth to try a bunch of different things, and evolve the genre forward. During this time, the industry was changing, and we've had to explore a lot of other challenges, ranging from what it means to operate a game continuously as a service to our players, to understanding how to explain why we nerfed Ezreal But it's been a really rewarding experience for us.

Today, we still have the same mission. Provide great, new experiences for gamers that get better every day. It's a lot easier to keep motivated these days because we have a community to share what we are doing with.

WukongBR

03-13-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zileas View Post
Well, we are hardcore gamers and wanted to make games for gamers. So, 6 years later... That's what we've done.

At the time we started, there weren't MOBAs that weren't mods, and we saw a wide open field to innovate in. A lot of established gamer genres were already pretty explored. We felt MOBA was not explored much yet, and our early team became very excited by the possibilities. So, we set forth to try a bunch of different things, and evolve the genre forward.

Today, we still have the same mission. Provide great, new experiences for gamers that get better every day. It's a lot easier to keep motivated these days because we have a community to share what we are doing with.
Prove that you're a gamer.

Edit: Mad boys downvoting because I doubted the all mighty, undisputed "Troll King"?

In that case I'm severely dissapointed in what happened to the meaning of that word.

Zileas

VP of Game Design

03-13-2013
2 of 11 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by WukongBR View Post
Prove that you're a gamer.
http://wiki.teamliquid.net/starcraft/Zileas

Also, I only slept 5 hours yesterday because I was up late playing games?

Not sure which is better credential.

Back to you -- prove you are good at Wukong.

12345 ... 9