So, about that Karma leak...

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TheEnygma

03-13-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by BCartfall View Post
Neat, now Karma looks white.
weird type of color blindness you have, might wanna get that checked

Trippin Rat

03-13-2013

1.2mil views in under a week.

Nice.

KrazzyFlames

03-13-2013

Will Karma's skins also be getting the traditional treatment?

Kerfuffy

03-13-2013

What sucks is that, after reading a snippet of this furious debate on the thread, I decided to play Karma again, for old times' sake. She's absolutely amazing (or became more amazing in my head because of the fact that we'll be "losing" her soon).

What I'm surprised about is the number of Karma fans that decided to spring up and protest, though I almost never see Karma being played at all these days.

I can sort of see where Riot's rationale coming from - to attract a greater number of players to her, they've got to tweak a few things, even if its at the expense of other older players (the utilitarianistic approach). You kinda need to face the fact that Karma is rarely played these days, and Riot needed to do something about it for her to appeal to a greater number of players, rather than just let her sit there.

(My post added no value to this thread *blends into background*)

lMlelivalent

03-13-2013

just making sure. I think that spirit bond should do dmg over time to targets now because current karma u have to aim behind someone to get the dmg of it so do, over time dmg = to instant dmg that those that get hit in it take please. THANK YOU FOR REWORK I LOOK FOWARD TO HER.

HarryOrunitia

03-13-2013

Oh, by the way, for once I'm going to give feedback on the actual rework.

Other than all the issues I've already expressed with the general design and the issues other people have expressed about the weird anatomy in the splash art, I actually like it. It's not Karma but she does look peaceful and calm (I guess kind of a Sona type of figure)... So I would like to know why the in game model doesn't seem to reflect that at all. Her face seems more like... smug, her hair is a lot longer, her dress is shorter and less "wavy", the build is more athletic and the fighter taunt just doesn't go with her splash art at all. Although the biggest issue I have with it is that in game the dress is way too flashy, the color is a lot more intense than in the splash and especially paired with the turquoise effects it's kind of an eyesore.

One of the things I really liked about the recent reworks was that the new in game models were a lot more faithful to the splash arts. We've definitely come a long way since the times when every model had the same face, or some colors and details were completely different from the splash art (looking at you Redeemed Riven), but with this new Karma it seems like they've taken kind of a step back.
Her model also kind of looks more Indian than Asian (therefore Ionian) I guess, something I don't really see in the splash. Now I don't know which one of the two styles they were actually going for (I suppose Asian though), but it would be nice if they could fix it and make it more cohesive.

Healurownbum

03-13-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryOrunitia View Post
Oh, by the way, for once I'm going to give feedback on the actual rework.

Other than all the issues I've already expressed with the general design and the issues other people have expressed about the weird anatomy in the splash art, I actually like it. It's not Karma but she does look peaceful and calm (I guess kind of a Sona type of figure)... So I would like to know why the in game model doesn't seem to reflect that at all. Her face seems more like... smug, her hair is a lot longer, her dress is shorter and less "wavy", the build is more athletic and the fighter taunt just doesn't go with her splash art at all. Although the biggest issue I have with it is that in game the dress is way too flashy, the color is a lot more intense than in the splash and especially paired with the turquoise effects it's kind of an eyesore.

One of the things I really liked about the recent reworks was that the new in game models were a lot more faithful to the splash arts. We've definitely come a long way since the times when every model had the same face, or some colors and details were completely different from the splash art (looking at you Redeemed Riven), but with this new Karma it seems like they've taken kind of a step back.
Her model also kind of looks more Indian than Asian (therefore Ionian) I guess, something I don't really see in the splash. Now I don't know which one of the two styles they were actually going for (I suppose Asian though), but it would be nice if they could fix it and make it more cohesive.
Well and this is a first, in Riots defense. If they wanna keep evolving champions not just remake them but when they do a VU evolve them. Karma would probably be one of the best champions to start with cause of the low pop playing her. Altho if this is a one time thing i would end up blowing up....

Cause basicly they are saying they wanna keep doing this from now on for more champions. And im ok with that then if they atleast try and respect the champion as they were. The change is still too big for me. Its not Karma anymore. But its them trying to evolve her trying out something new. I can respect that. For a first try sure they went overboard and didnt leave much behind of who she is now. But Riot always seems to learn from there mistakes. I just hope they see for ppl who play Karma this Skarma is a mistake.

Like always i mean no offense to anyone just speaking my mind. Its how i see it. U can like it or dislike it i'll respect that. As long as you respect me in return.

Duck├Ásaurus

03-13-2013

We need more Red Riot Posts.... cant they see we are desperate for more information!

HarryOrunitia

03-13-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Healurownbum View Post
Well and this is a first, in Riots defense. If they wanna keep evolving champions not just remake them but when they do a VU evolve them. Karma would probably be one of the best champions to start with cause of the low pop playing her. Altho if this is a one time thing i would end up blowing up....

Cause basicly they are saying they wanna keep doing this from now on for more champions. And im ok with that then if they atleast try and respect the champion as they were. The change is still too big for me. Its not Karma anymore. But its them trying to evolve her trying out something new. I can respect that. For a first try sure they went overboard and didnt leave much behind of who she is now. But Riot always seems to learn from there mistakes. I just hope they see for ppl who play Karma this Skarma is a mistake.

Like always i mean no offense to anyone just speaking my mind. Its how i see it. U can like it or dislike it i'll respect that. As long as you respect me in return.
You probably misunderstood my post because it was pretty much the first post in this thread where I wasn't comparing Skarma with Karma. I was comparing her new splash with her new in game model.

Healurownbum

03-13-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryOrunitia View Post
You probably misunderstood my post because it was pretty much the first post in this thread where I wasn't comparing Skarma with Karma. I was comparing her new splash with her new in game model.
Yea i tend to loose track of what i wanted to say and say something compleetly differnt sorry...!
But your right its not at all like the splash. Splash looks goodish dont like the green on her leg do like the leg. Ingame more so a fighter... Brain not rly fully working with me anymore im tired and its late so again Sorry! XD

And i guess its best i leave this as my last post for today and go to bed.

So goodnight or have a great day from which ever timezone you might be peeps.