The rune page system is one of the most anti-fun elements of this game.

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TheEnygma

03-13-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hippalus View Post
I understand the point of your question, but that is like me saying I'm taking a job with Maxis, and you asking if Sim City becomes available in offline mode, will players be able to play their old cities in that mode, because you want to know if you should invest more time into city design.

In other words, I'd love to be able to answer it, but I have no idea and would just be speculating as to what changes might be made and what the secondary effects of that might be.
let me guess: you've been playing or trying to play a lot of Sim City?

The Harlequin

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

03-13-2013

I don't understand why threads like this get so popular.

You're not expected to go straight to ranked games as soon as you reach level 30. Nor do you NEED more than 2 rune pages.

Basic AD and Basic AP gets you by for at least 4 roles. And by getting by I mean you get no issues at all. You can have a different rune page for jungle or support later on.

It's something to work towards. I've never seen it as a problem and I think the current system is great.

GD is known for making a fuss of petty little things and this is definitely one of them. Downvote me all you want, but you're complaining about something that is quite easy to acquire AND isn't necessary.

Dr Clueless PhD

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-13-2013

Quote:
I understand the point of your question, but that is like me saying I'm taking a job with Maxis, and you asking if Sim City becomes available in offline mode, will players be able to play their old cities in that mode, because you want to know if you should invest more time into city design.

In other words, I'd love to be able to answer it, but I have no idea and would just be speculating as to what changes might be made and what the secondary effects of that might be.
Fair enough. In that case, I shall continue my quest to unlock every rune normally. SOMEDAY MANA REDS MAY BE A GOOD IDEA!

PHoToS999

03-13-2013

I like Professor Maple's idea. I'm level 17 with no rune pages set up since I'm still buying champions, and having a free preset rune page per character would be extremely beneficial for when I'm going against lvl 30s in ARAM.

In this case, having something would be far better than nothing.

Samflash3

03-13-2013

Is there any chance for runes to be upgradeable? Getting Tier 1 runes isn't worth it. Tier 3 is the only one worth acquiring. I feel that if runes could be upgradeable from Tier 1 -Tier 2 - Tier 3, it wouldreduce a case of "This champion stronger than me early game because he has correct runes".

Professor Maple

Recruiter

03-13-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by PHoToS999 View Post
I like Professor Maple's idea. I'm level 17 with no rune pages set up since I'm still buying champions, and having a free preset rune page per character would be extremely beneficial for when I'm going against lvl 30s in ARAM.

In this case, having something would be far better than nothing.
My idea is not that amazing. It helps people who just want to have one runepage for each champ (the people complaining about the current system) and hurts those that really like to experiment with different setups (the people who don't complain about the current system).

Another consequence is how this affects off builds and ARAMs because some of the time I will use my GP10 page on a champion that doesn't normally use those runes.

To be honest I am against my own proposed change (as it currently exists) but I hope that maybe it could be implemented into a better solution.

Whyumai

03-13-2013

Quote:
Those questions touch on game design so I won't be the one to make that call, but when the time comes I'll check in with that team to see if there are efforts worth coordinating here.
thank you.

I appreciate the reply

Quote:
Originally Posted by Professor Maple View Post
My idea is not that amazing. It helps people who just want to have one runepage for each champ (the people complaining about the current system) and hurts those that really like to experiment with different setups (the people who don't complain about the current system).

Another consequence is how this affects off builds and ARAMs because some of the time I will use my GP10 page on a champion that doesn't normally use those runes.

To be honest I am against my own proposed change (as it currently exists) but I hope that maybe it could be implemented into a better solution.

With over 100 champions in the game (with more coming) this would mean there would be players with over 100 rune pages.

That's 5 times that amount they currently have. It would be extremely resource intensive.

The two champion bundles (20 champions each) would bring 40 rune pages.

That's alot of rune pages.

Meanwhile Riot would be using more resources with no financial gain. I think realistically adding 10 more to the maximum rune pages would be great, but, potentially 80 more runes pages+?

I do think there's some room for compromise.

Perhaps more rune page sales?

Hippalus

eCommerce Director

03-13-2013
6 of 7 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Burns View Post
I don't understand why threads like this get so popular.

You're not expected to go straight to ranked games as soon as you reach level 30. Nor do you NEED more than 2 rune pages.

Basic AD and Basic AP gets you by for at least 4 roles. And by getting by I mean you get no issues at all. You can have a different rune page for jungle or support later on.

It's something to work towards. I've never seen it as a problem and I think the current system is great.

GD is known for making a fuss of petty little things and this is definitely one of them. Downvote me all you want, but you're complaining about something that is quite easy to acquire AND isn't necessary.
Thanks for taking the time to make this point. There are several legitimate points of view on this and no guarantee that we will make major changes. But, the fact remains that many players do get frustrated with runes/pages and so I want to explore potential solutions once we complete some other priorities. The occasional rune page sale helps a bit, but in the long run I would love to find something that more players feel good about.

Draxarr

03-13-2013

Been stuck with just 7 rune pages since the pricing for them is a bit too expensive.

Delimon

03-13-2013

6300 for one damn rune page that just holds shet and I really need one but i refuse to buy something so damn expensive for no reason Riot.

Oh yea a real point as to why it's important tho. You won't always be able to get the role that you want. So you need rune pages to be ready for any role rather than just a few. And different champs have different runes that work well with both the champ and the player's play style. So yes, rune pages are important but they're just outta my grasp.

Oh yea, my solution would be to make rune pages cost 3150 IP. I'd be satisfied with that and the rune pages would be more accessible to most players.