The rune page system is one of the most anti-fun elements of this game.

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Hippalus

eCommerce Director

03-13-2013
3 of 7 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whyumai View Post
Any chance you'll raise the maximum number of rune pages?

Currently it's 20 and I have way more ideas for rune pages than 20

Also: Any chance we'll see any new runes? Spellvamp/Lifesteal reds maybe?
Those questions touch on game design so I won't be the one to make that call, but when the time comes I'll check in with that team to see if there are efforts worth coordinating here.

Subalternate01

03-13-2013

Love to hear more about Rutera's virtual economy and what products I could look to buy at a later date with Riot Points other than champs and skins.

I am all for diversifying products being offered if it will make champ and skin prices drop.
Maybe a rune page bundle that will give you a page with runes already populated in it for a specific role or champion would be compelling purchase. Also make it so they can be changed by the purchaser at any time to accommodation their play style. Have a rune page bundle with a particular skin to bring out the character of the skin?

I.E. Bloodfurry Reneckton showcasing how he works with armor pen runes vs. dmg runes.

Teach me about the game/characters when welling me a product to make me a better player but a more informed consumer?

Last thought...

Skin wards from previous holiday/seasonal evens all year round - I would buy that.

Thanks!

General Quackers

03-13-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hippalus View Post
Those questions touch on game design so I won't be the one to make that call, but when the time comes I'll check in with that team to see if there are efforts worth coordinating here.
Any chance of a bundle deal on rune pages for IP purchases as can be seen with the RP purchases?

hester

03-13-2013

I like the rune system. I like that you have to play to get IP in order to get runes, so that you can't just buy them with money. I also like that it adds some levels of customization to each champion you play, but I wish you could make changes to rune pages during champion select. I realize, though, that this would result in less of a need for multiple rune pages which players can get by paying money.

IBastardI

03-13-2013

2018 up votes... no changes by riot...amazing

Dr Clueless PhD

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-13-2013

Quote:
There will be another rune page sale in the next month or so.

Evaluating bigger changes to rune and rune page prices is on the eCommerce list for the second half of 2013. We are currently evaluating skin prices and will likely have some news to report on that in April. As with the recent changes to champion prices, the goal of all of these changes is to find an approach that is better for players and also works for Riot.
If you do drop rune prices, would there be partial refunds for people that own the runes already? Will it only be a 2-week window like with Champions?

I ask because all I do these days with my IP is buy runes. I want to have ALL OF THEM. But, if there's going to be a time-sensitive partial refund, I want to know so I can stop buying them until that happens.

Hippalus

eCommerce Director

03-13-2013
4 of 7 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SasakitheCouncil View Post
See, THIS is the kind of Red post we want.
Xyanyde is a good dude (we started at Riot on the same day) and I appreciate him jumping in here to answer questions even though it isn't really his area of expertise. Like the rest of us, he was a LoL player and fan long before he was a Rioter, and he was just frustrated that your questions weren't being answered and decided to try to help. So blame me for being slow to respond to this thread. We all try to do our day jobs while checking in here as much as possible while also trying to get to our next promotion series in Leagues. Lately I've been doing too much of the latter but I'll try to check in here more.

TOgakUre RYU

03-13-2013

Kind of a tangent but I feel that the Tier 1 and 2 runes need to be gotten rid of. Just let players buy tier 3 from beginning but keep rune slots restricted just like now. I think this would help with this as well.

Hippalus

eCommerce Director

03-13-2013
5 of 7 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Clueless PhD View Post
If you do drop rune prices, would there be partial refunds for people that own the runes already? Will it only be a 2-week window like with Champions?

I ask because all I do these days with my IP is buy runes. I want to have ALL OF THEM. But, if there's going to be a time-sensitive partial refund, I want to know so I can stop buying them until that happens.
I understand the point of your question, but that is like me saying I'm taking a job with Maxis, and you asking if Sim City becomes available in offline mode, will players be able to play their old cities in that mode, because you want to know if you should invest more time into city design.

In other words, I'd love to be able to answer it, but I have no idea and would just be speculating as to what changes might be made and what the secondary effects of that might be.

General Quackers

03-13-2013

Quote:
I understand the point of your question, but that is like me saying I'm taking a job with Maxis, and you asking if Sim City becomes available in offline mode, will players be able to play their old cities in that mode, because you want to know if you should invest more time into city design.

In other words, I'd love to be able to answer it, but I have no idea and would just be speculating as to what changes might be made and what the secondary effects of that might be.
Hippalus plz.

What are the chances of the IP price of additional rune pages being dropped permanently?