The rune page system is one of the most anti-fun elements of this game.

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

xenexphobia

03-13-2013

bump

Dr Plutonious

03-13-2013

bump

Madotsuki

03-13-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riot Xyanyde View Post
I understand where you are coming from but we have even had a 2 for 1 Rune Page sale in the past. I agree that having an extra Rune Page in your arsenal is useful, arguably just as much as having an additional Champion. As such, I'd say that having a Rune Page at the same IP value as a Champion is fair.
Yeah, half a year ago.
Not everyone had RP or IP to get them then (or not as many as they wish they had), so how about giving us a new one somewhen soon?

Hippalus

eCommerce Director

03-13-2013
2 of 7 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paramecia View Post
Not everyone had RP or IP to get them then (or not as many as they wish they had), so how about giving us a new one somewhen soon?
There will be another rune page sale in the next month or so.

Evaluating bigger changes to rune and rune page prices is on the eCommerce list for the second half of 2013. We are currently evaluating skin prices and will likely have some news to report on that in April. As with the recent changes to champion prices, the goal of all of these changes is to find an approach that is better for players and also works for Riot.

Whyumai

03-13-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hippalus View Post

Evaluating bigger changes to rune and rune pages prices is on the eCommerce list for the second half of 2013. We are currently evaluating skin prices and will likely have some news to report on that in April. As with the recent changes to champion prices, the goal of all of these changes is to find an approach that is better for players and also works for Riot.
Any chance you'll raise the maximum number of rune pages?

Currently it's 20 and I have way more ideas for rune pages than 20

Also: Any chance we'll see any new runes? Spellvamp/Lifesteal reds maybe?

SasakitheCouncil

03-13-2013

Quote:

Evaluating bigger changes to rune and rune pages prices is on the eCommerce list for the second half of 2013. We are currently evaluating skin prices and will likely have some news to report on that in April. As with the recent changes to champion prices, the goal of all of these changes is to find an approach that is better for players and also works for Riot.
See, THIS is the kind of Red post we want.

Falling Objects

03-13-2013

Quote:

Evaluating bigger changes to rune and rune page prices is on the eCommerce list for the second half of 2013. We are currently evaluating skin prices and will likely have some news to report on that in April. As with the recent changes to champion prices, the goal of all of these changes is to find an approach that is better for players and also works for Riot.
I think the biggest issues players have is just the limited choices as far as LP/RP between runepages go. We have to:

A) Spend our hard earned LP on runepages that we could use on champions/runes instead

B) Spend our RP (Aka, real money) on runepages, but this then takes away from our ability to buy skins/champions which are more worthwhile purchases with RP

C) Not buy runepages, and suffer potentially crippling under-optimization when play as/against certain champions. Sure, there are 2-3 generic runepages that can fit a lot of champions, but remember pre-change Akali? You pretty much had to have a separate runepage for her. AS jungle, or AD jungle? Armor or MR for your resists? Players who have more runepages inherently have a better edge over their opponents- and this is completely unfair.

haunterz

03-13-2013

Quote:

thank you.

Ðoubleamp

03-13-2013

bump again

Hippalus

eCommerce Director

03-13-2013
3 of 7 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whyumai View Post
Any chance you'll raise the maximum number of rune pages?

Currently it's 20 and I have way more ideas for rune pages than 20

Also: Any chance we'll see any new runes? Spellvamp/Lifesteal reds maybe?
Those questions touch on game design so I won't be the one to make that call, but when the time comes I'll check in with that team to see if there are efforts worth coordinating here.