Is Botrk really that good??

First Riot Post
1234567 ... 8
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

NEXMaRin

03-13-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krassith View Post
Yes the active is great but why would ashe ever need it?

I think it still looks better on kayle or teemo

Surgo

03-13-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stonec0ld View Post
it's not that simple, the damage from a BT can crit, so lategame when you have a decent amount of crit, and especially if you also have IE, BT is more damage, assuming they aren't stacking armor/you have LW.
It is that simple. The math had taken that into account.

Junks001

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-13-2013

I build it on Quinn, pretty early on. The active works well with her Vault and ult, and the shred is nice if you are fighting a tanky bot. Other ADCs, I prefer BT, though.

Renaito Yuujou

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-13-2013

Here's what I think. In season 2, the go to items were: Vamp Scythe, IE, Zeal. This gave an AD carry life steal, damage and attack speed (and crit strike, but that isn't a factor in this post). Blade gives you life steal, damage and attack speed all in one item. Right now, it's very slot efficient. It gives a whopping 40% attack speed while the dedicated attack speed item, Phantom Dancer, only gives 50%. Why build a BT and PD when you can simply build a Blade?

Kask

03-13-2013

It's good if the enemy is stacking HP. It's pretty terrible if they're stacking armor / attackspeed reduction.

RiotSundiata

Systems Administrator

03-13-2013
1 of 1 Riot Posts

I find myself building it on Caitlyn a lot more now. I think it's because the recipe for it has a lot of low cost items and I can build it incrementally early game. I usually pair it with an IE though, and use it to replace the BT. Not sure if that's a terribly good idea or not though.

AbyssalSpector

03-13-2013

Get it on every single ADC

nuff said

Vsin

03-13-2013

I guess champions with strong early games can get away with not building it, but if I'm playing Ashe and I'm not a mile ahead, a Bork is the only way I'll have any midgame presence at all.

I mean, if I'm an all-out AD-castery type (eg: Graves, MF's Ult, etc) then sure, rush BT. But rushing something like IE takes way too darn long and leaves you with a gaping hole in your midgame. BT rushing on non-caster ADCs means you simply have a mediocre midgame due to your lack of AS. By contrast, Bork's passive and active both make up for otherwise terrible midgames, and the stats are good enough to at least remain relevant late game.

If this was ye olde "Everyone farms for 30 minutes" Euro meta, then IE > PD rushing would be the best on almost everyone because that's the highest DPS option. But if you expect a non-caster ADC to have any presence at all during 15-20 minute teamfights (those happen a LOT nowadays), it's Bork or bust.

Saikaici

03-13-2013

Seems to me that it's not worth it until mid-game.

Not enough health on enemy champs early game, and BT/IE give the raw AD that a lot of champs really need to start doing damage.

Personally I think it's best right after a BT/PD because then you have your base damage and attack speed that you need to be effective, and by that time enemy champs might have enough health to really be dangerous.

SiЯ Safir

03-13-2013

Not a big fan of it on any of my adc

1234567 ... 8