@Morello, can we talk about Nidalee?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Eshk

03-13-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marblesz View Post
The amount I can chunk adc's for is pretty high, but its a single target ability. Right now its poke them until team initiates or you are safe 1v1/2 and you can form swap (using everything).

I play mid zyra/morgana/nidalee. Now I know its not all ranked but people in GD are usually low elo anyways so someone chunking for 1/2 +/- of someone's bar seems op. Too many players dont take mental note of nidalee's location.

If you see an enemy nidalee, increase your sense of awareness, ward flanks, or take mental notes of her general location. Minions are your friends - not teammates! Always assume you're the target because otherwise a simple step to the side of your ally could lead it straight to you.

If you're pushed to your towers ward flanks as you should be doing already, you see the nidalee coming, you can dodge spears.
I agree with the form swapping until their chunkd down and use that opportunity, but it feels punishing up til that point. having great success with her around 16xx elo gold3ish, Itd just be nice to have some bulk to get a full combo off. Perhaps shes op/or not

Morello

Lead Designer

03-13-2013
1 of 1 Riot Posts

You're comparing like skills, as opposed to looking at the role strengths AD Nidalee brings:

* Strong laning
* Great Split Pushing
* Great dueling

We like what Nidalee does, but the counter to Nidalee was "hope she's bad" in most cases. Her being excessively tanky, with the other qualities she brings, pushed her over the edge.

IonCannonKarthus

03-13-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morello View Post
You're comparing like skills, as opposed to looking at the role strengths AD Nidalee brings:

* Strong laning
* Great Split Pushing
* Great dueling

We like what Nidalee does, but the counter to Nidalee was "hope she's bad" in most cases. Her being excessively tanky, with the other qualities she brings, pushed her over the edge.

Her dueling has really been weakened with the nerfs and you are forgetting one of AD Nidalee's best strengths:

* Can dive into a teamfight, deal some damage, and not get instagibbed.

ChocoKelly

03-13-2013

Quote:

* Strong laning
* Great Split Pushing
* Great dueling

You did great here i agree she was strong. Not about dueling, but really was annoying because of this split push and tankyniess -_-

Morello best.

BeelzeBuff

03-13-2013

Quote:

* Strong laning
* Great Split Pushing
* Great dueling

Soooo

about AP nidalee and the most powerful non-ultimate Q in the game (tie between her and blitz, but hers is spammable and has no downside)

*also, invisible spears needs fixing still*

Jassu

03-13-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by OkiFool66 View Post
Her dueling has really been weakened with the nerfs and you are forgetting one of AD Nidalee's best strengths:

Perhaps the nerfs were intended to weaken that.

Hayes

03-13-2013

I don't mind the spear, you can dodge it or build MR...but i freaking HATE , HATE HATE HATE...Cat form...she can get away almost at will unless your team focus's all its CC on JUST her.

Way to escape friendly.

ChocoKelly

03-13-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeelzeBuff View Post

*also, invisible spears needs fixing still*
thats happened to me alot especially when im in bush.

Pwningpower

03-13-2013

Who plays AD nidalee...
Ive never seen it done.

NotBuzzJack

03-13-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by OkiFool66 View Post

Well if you want to go melee bruiser on people then you're gonna have to build some defense like all the other fighters. They may get better scaling resists, but you get to be ranged and have map control.