So, about that Karma leak...

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

HarryOrunitia

03-10-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by HottShotJEEJEE View Post
do mind dearest that some decisions that Riot Inc. makes isn't just to please a niche but to make things more enjoyable overall. you think you're entitled to something just because you're like it and that my friend is going to cause you trouble down the road. chances are that this remake will be more widely appealing which it sounds like from this thread since it's only a few people whining and if it is more widely appealing then that is a win on Riot Inc.'s part. they get more happy customers than sad customers and in the end it's better for more people just not necessarily you. also you never stop to consider that what you think of Karma may not be what Riot wanted Karma to be, and what they want Karma to be can change whenever they wanted to. in the end if you don't like a decision, you just don't give them money. if they make lots of money from their decision then they win. if they win then you just have to find something else to like. if the only thing you liked was Karma's fans then I'm sorry but you have a very minute taste and are not going to enjoy a lot of things.

once you realize that you are not entitled to anything ever, life's hardships become a lot more bearable. so pipe down and either try to understand the reasoning behind Riot Inc.'s decisions without taking everything as a personal attack against "Karma's truest and oldest fans" which are just self-glorified hipsters IMO, or just find a new champion to like.
And you're just being a jerk. We're all free to post our opinions in this thread and that's all we're doing. We don't like the rework and we're here to explain why.
It doesn't have anything to do with entitlement. We know we are not "entitled" to anything but I like to think because of Riot's reputation, if we do express our doubts about this rework maybe they'll do something about it. Find a way to please as many players as possible while also respecting the people who liked her old design. The Rioters themselves said they encourage constructive feedback, didn't they? At this point, I don't know if that's a true sentiment or not anymore, but it's what they said so I'm going to stick with it.

And hey, even if we're wrong at least we aren't being offensive about it. There have been a few on our side too, but it's mostly the pro-rework people who came here calling us whiny homos, glorified hipsters, morons or whatever. Probably in an attempt to discredit our (mostly) respectful complaints.

I may not be entitled to Karma, but I sure have the right to express my opinions here, and coming here telling us to "shut up about it" is just not going to work, sorry.

Severian NA

03-10-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by HottShotJEEJEE View Post
do mind dearest that some decisions that Riot Inc. makes isn't just to please a niche but to make things more enjoyable overall. you think you're entitled to something just because you're like it and that my friend is going to cause you trouble down the road. chances are that this remake will be more widely appealing which it sounds like from this thread since it's only a few people whining and if it is more widely appealing then that is a win on Riot Inc.'s part. they get more happy customers than sad customers and in the end it's better for more people just not necessarily you. also you never stop to consider that what you think of Karma may not be what Riot wanted Karma to be, and what they want Karma to be can change whenever they wanted to. in the end if you don't like a decision, you just don't give them money. if they make lots of money from their decision then they win. if they win then you just have to find something else to like. if the only thing you liked was Karma's fans then I'm sorry but you have a very minute taste and are not going to enjoy a lot of things.

once you realize that you are not entitled to anything ever, life's hardships become a lot more bearable. so pipe down and either try to understand the reasoning behind Riot Inc.'s decisions without taking everything as a personal attack against "Karma's truest and oldest fans" which are just self-glorified hipsters IMO, or just find a new champion to like.
Dear sir. I am indeed not the center of gravity, and that is important to remember. But I do believe you are forcing a great number of opinions I never expressed.

My advice, in return, is to change your approach in these matters. If you feel that I am expressing a certain attitude, say something like "You didn't actually say so, but your post gave me the impression that you fail to consider how much weight your opinion has with Riot".
Anyway! No harm done. Just try asking if I meant this or that, don't tell me what I think! And; this is a thread with 2.3k'ish posts. You might want to consider if I am speaking into a context that affects how you understand me. But basically, ask if you understand someone right, it is usually the polite and the easiest option in cases like this. The level at which you assume things I never even remotely expressed, makes it seem like you came into this thread, took a look around, formed a general opinion about what it was all about (all 2.3k posts) and picked the first participant you saw, then proceeded to display a spectacular lack of understanding of what we are saying in general,and which opinions he represents. I hazard a guess; did you even read the post you replied to? Anyways, a bit too loose on the trigger there, you might want to ensure you actually understand what we are saying, and why we say it, before you give us feedback. But everybody makes mistakes, so no worries.

Mokkun

03-10-2013

OK, so the fan's thing has been explained to death. (I'm sad, but I'll reserve full judgement)
The long dress thing has been explained as a pain with new animations. All I can figure is she stands on one foot or something, though why that might be needed I'm not sure.

But why, is she at least not wearing pants? Really. Does she need to be a pants-less champion? There is plenty of oriental styles of pants to choose from. The other part we like her for is her being this more austere, less-sexy champion. It's a nice break from the norm.

Ahri needs to be Ahri, but Karma is Karma.

Dietrech

03-10-2013

I've seen people starting to play Karma again because of this news. I owned Karma since I was still a level 10! Karma's been awesome and I'm excited for her new kit. Besta be a support-mage!

SexyShady

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-10-2013

I'll say one last thing directly to Riot before I remove myself from this incredibly depressing thread....

After reading most of this thread and digging deep into my subconscious to figure out and express what I truly love(d) about Karma, I'm so so so incredibly disappointed in Riot. I used to love that fact that Riot was so very open to it's player base and actually cared. But in this certain situation, especially with such a HUGE rework, there was no discussion beforehand. Like someone from Riot asking on the forums what we liked out of Karma and what we wanted to keep. In addition to that, after reading everyone's thoughts on this thread (supposedly) there was still an attitude of "Welp, too bad." It does truly feel like the minority is being pushed aside for something... else. And it feels like ****. Riot has treated me/us like we don't matter. And I hate that.

If this were a lesser game, I'd stop playing and uninstall as soon as a post this, but I've been playing League for almost 2 years now and it means a lot to me. I've met a lot of good friends on LoL. I've reunited with old friends over LoL, learned how to defend myself as a woman in gaming, and even met my current boyfriend because of LoL. I may be playing less now because of this... and I will definitely rage like a ***** on her period whenever I see this new Karma in game. I think I'll start playing more Dota2.

I'm sure a good portion of the minority can agree that Riot hasn't treated us well with this and we're not happy. Yeah we'll deal cause we're good people (like the old Karma) and treat people fairly (like the old Karma) and are mostly calm in situations (like the old Karma). This post will most definitely be looked over and ignored by other players and Riot employees alike, but I feel like I just had to get some sort of closure if just for myself.

To conclude, I'm really upset, depressed, disappointed, etc. in how this extremely large rework went down. Might as well delete Karma completely and introduce a new champ. I'll be playing less League from now on and looking toward other greater games. Thanks for the experience Riot, and thanks for ****ing it up.

Macrofarad

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-10-2013

@riotames
@scarizard

The Big, Scary Question (BSQ for short):

Has her shield been removed or nerfed harshly?

*note: I tried to make it less of a trap question, but, lets face it, it's the biggest fear of just about every Karma player at this point.
(I dug through every red post on the subject to no avail D=)

@RiotAmes: not the answer I was looking for but still better than nothing so thank you

Adige

03-10-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macrofarad View Post
@riotames
@scarizard

The Big, Scary Question (BSQ for short):

Has her shield been removed or nerfed harshly?

*note: I tried to make it less of a trap question, but, lets face it, it's the biggest fear of just about every Karma player at this point.
(I dug through every red post on the subject to no avail D=)
^ This.

Please, Riot. Put my fears to rest. Please tell us Soul Shield still remains in her kit.

Healurownbum

03-10-2013

I never truelly got why this annoyed me so much, but last night after some thinking it struck me. As far as i can recall no other champion with a remake was changed so much under the motto we are evolve the champion, adding more depth to it.

And thats what got me so much. Why is Karma the first you went to do that with is it cause the playerbase that loves her is so small or what? Just feels weird like we can do a practice run with this champion cause the ppl that like her are only a few, Morello's joke says it all.

Just my two cents.

Ailias

03-10-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mokkun View Post
OK, so the fan's thing has been explained to death. (I'm sad, but I'll reserve full judgement)
The long dress thing has been explained as a pain with new animations. All I can figure is she stands on one foot or something, though why that might be needed I'm not sure.

But why, is she at least not wearing pants? Really. Does she need to be a pants-less champion? There is plenty of oriental styles of pants to choose from. The other part we like her for is her being this more austere, less-sexy champion. It's a nice break from the norm.

Ahri needs to be Ahri, but Karma is Karma.
Exactly, no diplomat or highly respected member of a society is going to be running around flashing that kind of leg.

They also would be wearing sleeves.

SSLRranma

03-10-2013

My thoughts on the new look:

Do not like the gold and purple. Think you should have stuck to white and back as the main colors. Maybe change the gold to silver and it would look better to me.

Edit: Also, you may want to tone down on the sexy girl poses with your female champs. With how the trends of the Hawkeye Initiative and Escher Girls are going, you may want to reconsider them. Not like you'll lose customers because you made your female champions wear some more clothing.