So, about that Karma leak...

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

DemiluniS

03-10-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordTrilo View Post
All of my comments always get lost, but I'm not one to stop trying.

About the Vintage Karma skin:

Why were the robes / kimono changed? I understand getting rid of the fans for moving forward (assuming you had to), but couldn't you have just updated her resolution? I mean, you already have the model. Just remove the fans, and update her resolution, and Karma fans will be ecstatic.

What you have done, is updated her look right now into the new model, changed her robes, removed the fans.

To me, this feels like you've just made a new skins that pays homage to her old self. I really want her old self AS a skin. Not a tribute.
they already said that with the dress they couldn't make some animations look good on her so they just changed the dress it to fit the new animations

Alex3omg

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-10-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Healurownbum View Post
The skin yes, and the new stuff no. Atleast thats what i understood from the reds. Altho some lines for the skin will be changed
Yea, new voice over doesn't mean new actress though right?

Annie got a new voice but it's the same actress.

DemiluniS

03-10-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrTharne View Post
New one for all skins except Traditional which has the current voice actress.
all the skins including traditional will have the same voice =.=", don't mislead people

davegrigger

03-10-2013

Please have traditional trundle too.

MrTharne

03-10-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by DemiluniS View Post
all the skins including traditional will have the same voice =.=", don't mislead people
Page 58 second post :

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrCroc987
but seriously though is the traditional skin's voice going to be the same (please say it is)
Traditional's voice will be her original VO.

Afrocalypse

03-10-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrTharne View Post
Page 58 second post :
That doesn't necessarily mean it'll be a new voice actress.

MrTharne

03-10-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Afrocalypse View Post
That doesn't necessarily mean it'll be a new voice actress.
True, i misunderstood the meaning. >_<
We'll have to wait. (Damn waiting...)

HarryOrunitia

03-10-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by ItemsGuy View Post
WoT
Again, it feels like you don't understand what I'm saying, and I'm sorry cause it's probably because of the way I expressed myself. I don't know, but either way we'll have to agree to disagree as I said before.

I like RPGs but I think there's a place in MOBAs for character development that's at least inspired by that in RPGs, and that is just an opinion. I'm sorry you seem to think that this opinion would mean breaking some sort of first rule of game design.

You seem to think that designers shouldn't think the same way players do, or see things the same way. I think it's pretty much the other way around. They are supposed to sell this product to players, not other designers.

You also said the less characters there are, the more complex they can be, and again I think it's pretty much the other way around.

And I absolutely fail to see how exactly Karma's visual design can ruin a game for the other 9 players... I really don't understand this.

Iridos

03-10-2013

RiotAmes, I'm glad that we're getting some response, and it's nice to hear that you've read all of our QQ... but I can't shake the feeling that you haven't actually answered the key objections raised by myself and a number of others in the thread regarding the way the Traditional skin is still a drastic departure from Karma's actual current aesthetic.

I've resigned myself to the idea that the rework is going to mangle the character, and your comments reinforce that. Fine... I'll just grump about that and move on. But Riot obviously recognizes a need to provide some way for players who like Karma's current fusion of character, story, and image to continue to enjoy that, even after the rework... that's why the Traditional skin exists. Could you please address the concerns that have been raised about how poorly the Traditional skin lines up with her actual current character and aesthetic?

Severian NA

03-10-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by ItemsGuy View Post

What, out of curiosity, did you love about old Karma?
I've expressed it many times, in many forms. I will paste one here. However, the easiest and most thorough way to give a quick impression of how I saw Karma, my favourite champion, is to post the chinese skin. Note that I made this reply before I read any other replies, so if it overlaps I apologize.

"Yet, as I feared, this becomes a clean break. Like it is suddenly the future, and her old friends barely recognize her. (We did have issues as you know, with the leaked pic :P )
This is Battle-Karma. And I see that is what you wanted her to be. It is not the Karma who expressed how centered, serene and self-confident she was by simply walking straight out on the battlefield, then going "Oh, Yes. This dress maay have been impractical."
Expressed in the way she stood, calmly looking around and fanning herself. Entering the battleground as a noblewoman who simply will not be fazed. I can see her staring down Shyvanas true form, fans fluttering, the only change of expression and poise an arched eyebrow. In her impractical dress.
I will miss that ridicilous calm and confidence. I see that my Karma has been measured and found wanting, and that is saddening because she truly was unique. But alright. It was your decision, and I am sure you didn't make it lightly. I won't rant and rave, this is life.

But I have one request. If you add a classical skin, then I can treat the rest as years later, and I get to keep my Karma. Everybody wins. But that requires a dress. This one is much too practical. It requires fans, and it requires her old animations (though feel free to tune them up). Especially the walk and idle ones. And her old voice. I realize and appreciate the gesture of the classic skin. Yet if you want the classic skin to be our Karma, it requires its most defining aspects. If you would go to those lengths I will be ridicilously, pathetically grateful for a bridge that ties the new to the old, for getting to, officially, keep my Karma. It would make everybody come out on top.
It is silly, how did I grow this attached to her? "

T.T