A simple fix to Akali! Really, just one small change.

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Postal Twinkie

Wrenchman

03-10-2013

Don't adjust any of her numbers. Don't change her overall kit. Just change one aspect of her play, a simple aspect. An aspect that actually makes sense in the context of the other units that share a similar "feature".

Her stealth....

It breaks or is delayed if she takes damage, going into it, or already in it, just like Twitch and Eve. The moment she steps out of the shroud, she is visible. Not this 0.5 second delay **** that lets her step out and be 300 units away before she is seen.

Not only is her current stealth mechanic out of sync with the other assassin champions, but it doesn't actually require skill to use, like the others. At least with Eve and Twitch you have to be mindful of your steps, timing of use, and overall placement. Not with Akali, drop a shroud and troll face. Did that Akali player make a mistake and step out of shroud? Doesn't matter, still stealth!

Akali's stealth is broken, out of sync with the others, and simply too damn easy to use. She is a super high burst assassin, and should be, but her big play should require some sort of thinking and skill. It doesn't require any of that right now.

Her damage is fine, her mobility, psssh, fine. The instant stealth that can't be broken, is too much.

inb4: Pink, Oracles, blah blah blah. It isn't about that, it is about a mechanic of a champion that doesn't fit.

Are

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-10-2013

It's not her stealth that people are complaining about.

It's that she does decent damage.

But you know, it should be fine. She IS a squishy, melee, single target assassin.

But if you REALLY have problems with her stealth, stop being stingy and buy some pinks/oracles or MR

AIexanderNW

03-10-2013

you seem to know a lot about game mechanics

Postal Twinkie

Wrenchman

03-10-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tamgorine View Post
It's not her stealth that people are complaining about.

It's that she does decent damage.

But you know, it should be fine. She IS a squishy, melee, single target assassin.

But if you REALLY have problems with her stealth, stop being stingy and buy some pinks/oracles or MR
You are right, she should be squishy, and she would be, if she didn't have a broke as hell Stealth.

All I am saying is make her stealth fall in line with the other champions. After all, they were changed for being "broken" and allowing the same thing that Akali's does. The very reason the Eve and Twitch remakes took so long was trying to balance stealth, without just removing it completely, which was up for discussion. Yet, here we have Akali, with the same old stealth mechanic that so much work was put into to "fix". Makes sense!

I Like Tanks

03-10-2013

I haven't seen many threads mentioning this being a problem, but I think that making mechanics consistent with each other is always a good thing.

Quitch

03-10-2013

Actually agreed.

I don't mind that she is a resetting assassin - to me, it makes sense that she can decimate a team that can't easily focus her down. She's strong, but not at all unbeatable.

They need to fix her delayed stealth though, it makes her a lot harder to gank early on before your jungler's had time to go back and buy a pink ward.

Wangnam Style

03-10-2013

just make it so that her E doesn't proc her Q. shes too faceroll. and revert her passive changes imo. people are overexaggerating the **** out of this though and dont understand what to do and what not to do against akali

why the fk not

why am i downvoted you guys are brainless

TheSurfinSlayer

03-10-2013

I honestly agree with this.

Twentington

03-10-2013

I don't think the stealth is a problem. I think it adds a dimension of interesting play/counterplay on an otherwise stale kit with a set rotation for max burst. But really, just carrying a pink and saving it for her shroud will royally destroy her, especially in teamfights.

Waschbar

03-10-2013

Um, its not 300 units >.> its 50-75 at most. Hyperbole much?