Riot, Can we Please Get rid of the CS Count in TAB Menu...

First Riot Post
123456 ... 7
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Dryaxe

03-09-2013

CS most people refer to it as creeps killed in lane... Like last hitting. Yes there may be a few outlier's (like everything in life) such as the wraith but most people want to see how well they last hitted in lane against their opponent.

Xeviance

03-09-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elchulus View Post
That's dumb.

Then it becomes instantaneously obvious when Baron or Dragon is done.
The TAB screen only updates when the enemy team appears from the Fog of War, right? So even if they appear from the Fog of War you'd be able to see that they have Baron buff.

I'm not sure, though.

Skilliard

03-09-2013

Quote:
That's dumb.

to be fair, scoreboard statistics only appear when said champion is in view, so if they get baron you will see the buff.

perhaps make it "gold gained from creep kills"

DubbyWubbyStep

03-09-2013

I think its for people cannot have a definite idea of who is ahead, so one may have for example the element of surprise when taking dragon.

PB4UAME

03-09-2013

Quote:
That's dumb.

Not like it stays secret for long, and you do realize, for that menu to update you need to actually see the enemy right? I'm sure if you saw them with a purple circle around them you'd already know they got baron buff.

Xypherous

Systems Designer

03-09-2013
1 of 3 Riot Posts

There's a lot of issues with revealing the enemy gold count - mostly because of the things you've mentioned in your post - It provides a more accurate - and therefore more telling analysis of how many dragon's they've achieved - which camps they have poached and what their relative power level or how much gold they haven't spent.

While I agree with you in that it's more accurate overall - it leads to revealing a *lot* more information about your opponents than is particularly healthy, especially since a lot of early laning phase depends upon relative factors like gold spent / unspent or if they're sacrificing jungle objectives for ganks, etc. (For example, someone does Dragon in Fog, you notice your lane opponent's gold jump up - you know where their jungler is at that moment.)

While there is probably a better system to display "minion control" that skirts around the 'hidden information' problem - CS is a metric that works fairly well in lane in determining who has the momentum in that lane matchup - and works fairly well in the jungle to compare which jungler is more farm-centric compared to gank-centric.

It's not really intended to be a pure objective measure of which team is dominating throughout the entirety of the game. I agree, though, that there could be micro-optimizations that we could do to accomadate for the disparity between the worth of individual minions (for example, if we made Siege Minions worth 2 CS score, or large jungle monsters worth 2 CS score).

But in short, CS is intended to be simply one of many metrics that informs you about how well someone is doing - not the absolute end-all of his financial status.

Fallible

03-09-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xypherous View Post
There's a lot of issues with revealing the enemy gold count - mostly because of the things you've mentioned in your post - It provides a more accurate - and therefore more telling analysis of how many dragon's they've achieved - which camps they have poached and what their relative power level or how much gold they haven't spent.

While I agree with you in that it's more accurate overall - it leads to revealing a *lot* more information about your opponents than is particularly healthy, especially since a lot of early laning phase depends upon relative factors like gold spent / unspent or if they're sacrificing jungle objectives for ganks, etc. (For example, someone does Dragon in Fog, you notice your lane opponent's gold jump up - you know where their jungler is at that moment.)

While there is probably a better system to display that skirts around the 'hidden information' problem - CS is a metric that works fairly well in lane in determining who has the momentum in that lane matchup - and works fairly well in the jungle to compare which jungler is more farm-centric compared to gank-centric.

It's not really intended to be a pure objective measure of which team is dominating throughout the entirety of the game. I agree, though, that there could be micro-optimizations that we could do to accomadate for the disparity between the worth of individual minions.
Yes

Skilliard

03-09-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xypherous View Post

While there is probably a better system to display that skirts around the 'hidden information' problem - CS is a metric that works fairly well in lane in determining who has the momentum in that lane matchup - and works fairly well in the jungle to compare which jungler is more farm-centric compared to gank-centric.

It's not really intended to be a pure objective measure of which team is dominating throughout the entirety of the game. I agree, though, that there could be micro-optimizations that we could do to accomadate for the disparity between the worth of individual minions.
How about a stat revealing gold gained from cs? this excludes towers/drag/baron/gp5 and all that

Halcion

03-09-2013

Why not Zoidberg?

Foojackin

03-09-2013

NO

123456 ... 7