worth rushing liandry,s torment on cassiopeia?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Knote

03-09-2013

Only point of Liandry is to poke with W, such a waste of gold to rush it.

Just hold onto Haunting Guise and upgrade it later when you're able to poke people with W that have been stacking hp.

Brightinly

03-09-2013

If you are going to combo down people you want to rush it.

W slows already.

Xypherous

Systems Designer

03-09-2013
1 of 1 Riot Posts

Quote:
Actually worthless, ironically. Liandry's bug where it doesn't proc on dots is still in effect.
While I've heard this bug persisting on the patch - I have not been able to reproduce it at all on the main environment - even with Malzahar's DoT barrage. What circumstances are you seeing this on in the main environment?

Nix Nihila

03-09-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steelflame View Post
The after burn can still trigger it. Just not during the dot itself. It refreshes faster than it actually procs, preventing the procs from happening until the dot is finished. She can keep reapplying it though, and honestly, Cass melts stuff in general. Unless they fixed it without actually saying they fixed it in a patch (unlikely).
I thought they DID say they fixed it in the last patch.

Linna Excel

03-09-2013

I tend to rush archangels on her...

I probably wouldn't finish Liandry's until after Rylai's.

Steelflame

03-09-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xypherous View Post
While I've heard this bug persisting on the patch - I have not been able to reproduce it at all on the main environment - even with Malzahar's DoT barrage. What circumstances are you seeing this on in the main environment?
Ill see if I can reproduce it. I remeber it was based on a problem that was there with first release, that was fixed, before its damage/proc changed. That retriggered the bug and was proven, and there has not been a patch announcement of it being fixed since then, which backs the theory it isn't actually working. Working on a game right this second to reproduce.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nix Nihila View Post
I thought they DID say they fixed it in the last patch.
It isn't stated as a change in the items section. http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=3175129

ecstaSTEVE

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-09-2013

Quote:
Xypherous on the case.

Merluza00

03-09-2013

Quote:

I had it on Malz once in TT intermediate bots during his last free week.....
It was my first game with him and I didn't play him again as his DoT wasn't procing liandry's neither Rylais -.-

Steelflame

03-09-2013

Ok, testing the exact part now. Playing Cass, W is skill being used to test interaction.

Damage is 73 damage each second, 35 Mpen (so no MR on jungle mob, to be safe). Base damage should cap out at 730-73, so just under 640. If Liandries procs, I should do more than that. Mobs hp is 2602 before w.

Test resulted in mob being left with 1200 HP. Liandries worked in this attempt.

Testing with Q next to see if there is something there. Damage is 155 over 3 seconds. Blue went from 2782 hp to 2450. It seems like while her W is acting correctly, Q might be doing less than intended in the interaction. Seems if the CC is lacking, at least on blue buff, the damage is being reduced by something.

EDIT: It seems like the buffs are not a great test point due to damage cap, but I noticed a different bug there then. Liandries was doing over 50 damage a tick at times to the buffs, mostly on the CC potion, but not actually doing double damage, which means that both interactions are being inconsistant. Either it is not accepting the cap, or the slow double damage is not being correctly applied on minions/monsters.

Restarting on Shen bot (don't have a willing player to test interaction in this case). Going to have 50 Mpen, so will take that into account for the damage. Not going to ignore shen's shield in this case.

Skoron

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-09-2013

Quote:
So, how exactly is Liandry's damage calculated? I keep trying to do the calculations myself but I always get numbers different than what I actually get in-game. It could just be that I'm wrong, but I can't seem to get my actual results regardless of how I alter them.

Test Environment:
Playing Malzahar in a custom game with no one else.
Not using any runes or masteries which increase spell damage.
Using only E on Red Buff (which has 0 MR) and making sure no other damage hurts it.

Stats:
50 AP
15 Magic Pen

E's damage according to tooltip - 320 (+40) [360]

First Test - Haunting Guise + Seeker's Armguard (unstacked)
Red Buff starting health - 3052
Red Buff ending health - 2684
Total damage done - 368

Second Test - Liandry's Torment
Red Buff starting health - 3142
Red Buff ending health - 2442
Total damage done - 700
Total damage done from just Liandry's - 332

Calculations:
DoT's tick every half-second, so Malzahar's ticks 8 times for 368/8 = 46 damage a tick.
Liandry's does 6% of their total HP over 6 ticks for 6/6 = 1% of their current HP each tick.

3142 ------- Red Buff starting HP
--------------- Malzahar uses E
3096 ------- E tick 1/8 (3142 - 46)
-------------- Liandry's is applied
3065.04 --- tick 1/6 for Liandry's (3096 * 0.99)
3019.04 --- E tick 2/8
-------------- Liandry's is reapplied
2988.85 --- tick 1/6 for Liandry's
2942.85 --- E tick 3/8
2913.42 --- tick 1/6 for Liandry's
2867.42 --- E tick 4/8
2838.75 --- tick 1/6 for Liandry's
2792.75 --- E tick 5/8
2764.82 --- tick 1/6 for Liandry's
2718.82 --- E tick 6/8
2691.63 --- tick 1/6 for Liandry's
2645.63 --- E tick 7/8
2619.17 --- tick 1/6 for Liandry's
2573.17 --- E tick 8/8
2547.44 --- tick 1/6 for Liandry's
2521.97 --- tick 2/6 for Liandry's
2496.75 --- tick 3/6 for Liandry's
2471.78 --- tick 4/6 for Liandry's
2447.06 --- tick 5/6 for Liandry's
2422.59 --- tick 6/6 for Liandry's

Red buff ending health from testing - 2442
Red buff ending health from calculations - 2423 (rounded)
Total damage difference - 19

It seems like that specific bug may be fixed, but I'm still off on my calculations. What am I doing wrong?