Hiring Experienced Game Designers

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

LarcyBrown

03-09-2013

So it seems you need to branch off in computer science and software engineering in college and stuff to learn the most out of c++.Riot has stance on which college or university path offer the most on that?

EDIT: been trying to gather the information but unless you got an actual guidance counselor in here its rather vague.

Freecycle

03-09-2013

Hypothetically speaking, if you were a young undergrad student, about to graduate with a degree in nothing that has anything to do with anything directly involved in design, or development, or anything related to actually making or maintaining a game, but with plenty of skills applicable to things like interfacing with that game's community base or perhaps improving player's experiences, or conducting primary research with members of the public - with a degree in a discipline like, perhaps, social anthropology (hypothetically) - would a company like Riot have any interest, whatsoever, in someone who's spent four years studying social sciences and developing qualitative research and analysis skills?

Just out of curiosity. I just got accepted to grad school, but nothing ventured...

Irregularblob

03-09-2013

I am a higshcool drpout but i was teh coolest guy in hieschool nd i wnt 2 kno if i cn join riot. hers my reusme

1. Was teh colest guy in clsas
2. i hve a girlfrend who shOws me her bobs everydya
3. i bagned evry bich in hischool
4. relly gud troller!!1!
5. I can dO 50 pushpus in a mintue
6. I roll mad blunts
7. i cn beet up any1 who tries to get into dah bilding
8. I can beetbox

So ya halla @ me if ur intrested

emale me at 420swagrollthebluntYOLOyung4lyfe@hotmail.com

Splurged

03-09-2013

If i get a job here can i delete teemo?

The SkyBorne

03-09-2013

What are the requirements? What degree in education? Need a comp-sci degree or just some knowledge in it?

Do you care about past experience? Volunteer work? Do you care if i happen to be in bronze 900 MMR?

Experienced in game design meaning you developed a game by yourself? Does helping count as experienced?

Zileas

VP of Game Design

03-09-2013
43 of 53 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freecycle View Post
Hypothetically speaking, if you were a young undergrad student, about to graduate with a degree in nothing that has anything to do with anything directly involved in design, or development, or anything related to actually making or maintaining a game, but with plenty of skills applicable to things like interfacing with that game's community base or perhaps improving player's experiences, or conducting primary research with members of the public - with a degree in a discipline like, perhaps, social anthropology (hypothetically) - would a company like Riot have any interest, whatsoever, in someone who's spent four years studying social sciences and developing qualitative research and analysis skills?

Just out of curiosity. I just got accepted to grad school, but nothing ventured...
I would refer to my earlier comments. First, make it your hobby. Then, make it your career.

No reason you can't do just that while in grad school, and turn your research towards some of the questions that are highly relevant to player behavior, game design, etc.

Zileas

VP of Game Design

03-09-2013
44 of 53 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irregularbl0b View Post
I am a higshcool drpout but i was teh coolest guy in hieschool nd i wnt 2 kno if i cn join riot. hers my reusme

1. Was teh colest guy in clsas
2. i hve a girlfrend who shOws me her bobs everydya
3. i bagned evry bich in hischool
4. relly gud troller!!1!
5. I can dO 50 pushpus in a mintue
6. I roll mad blunts
7. i cn beet up any1 who tries to get into dah bilding
8. I can beetbox

So ya halla @ me if ur intrested

emale me at 420swagrollthebluntYOLOyung4lyfe@hotmail.com
You know, this post reminded me that I went shopping earlier today, and crossed the street in Venice named 'Zanja'

Rhymes with....

I bet the property values on that street are elevated.

See what I did there?

Io Reign

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-09-2013

Although this is a ways off for me, I intend to get a degree in actuarial sciences. I'm fairly sure I'll end up working in insurance, but are there any positions in riot that could use actuarial sciences?

zlefin

03-09-2013

Any luck finding anyone yet? I know you really need some people who can balance better; so i'm hoping you find someone good. Any prospects?

Crevox

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-10-2013

I applied for the internship position after carefully reviewing all of the information given in this thread and the website. I am a student at a graduate school going for a CS degree.

I sincerely hope that I am considered. My main concern is probably the fact that my league is only gold, but that's only because I just started ranked. I've been playing the game for a very long time, but only recently felt like it was time to start ranked. I love this game and would be absolutely ecstatic to do everything I can to make it even better.

Thank you very much for the chance.