4 easy steps to completely fix Rengar

12345 ... 6
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Xizz3l

03-09-2013

I hope we all can agree that Rengar as of now is a bit subpar compared to other superior Assassins like Khazix or Akali and I really am wondering why Riot just won't....react to this.
That being said, I just wanted to show you guys a really quick guide how to make him 100% playable without makeing him too strong compared to others (And yes, this also contains Jungle Kitty)

Step one: Fix his HP Reg

I really do hope that EVERYONE agrees with the fact that it just CAN'T BE that an assassin / bruiser / jungler (!) has the LOWEST Hp reg per 5 in the whole game.
The fix is easy, just increase it by a certain amount, for example to 5.5 (+0,7 per LvL)
This would still put him a bit lower then general bruisers but still make his jungle ALOT easier to deal with earlygame.
As a reference, both, Jayce and Zed have a base HP reg of 6.0

Step two: Give his Battle Roar reduced minion/monster damage as an active

This would fix his entire Jungle problem. Let's say, Riot adds a 10 flat dmg reduce against minions and monsters while his battle roar is active. This would deny ALOT of damage on those minion camps (If you do Wolves-Blue-Wraiths-Golems-Red-Wraiths-Wolves that would make at least 60 HP!) while leaving his laning nearly untouched. It ofc would give him a better capability to fight with alot of minions around but hey, Fizz gets this as a permanent passive ._.

Step three: Increase his Savagery scaling to (1.1 AD) and increase the Ferocity damage to (110%) bonus

Rengar biggest Problem is that he's completely useless lategame, when the enemy squishies get a single HP / Armor item and you're not fed. In general, you just hump them with your ult, and die afterwards, leaving your team in a 4vs5 situation without having done much. To fix this, increase Rengars general Savagery damage to 1.1 AD and increase his ferocity Q amount to a bonus of 110%. This would make his normal skill more then just...another auto attack and also increase his burst power by far!

Step four: Give his Battle Roar +10 Basedmg and +5 per lvl

OK, to be honest, 170dmg for a level 5 skill ist just outright bad, period.
To make this skill just by a little tiny bit better, increase its base damage from 50 to 60 and also increase the damage per lvlup to 35 from 30. This would result in a flat 200 magic damage and would actually deal some damage mid lategame ._.

OK guys, that's it for now
Please leave your feedback as a comment!

IMPORTANT NOTES:

1. No, I'm not just a lvl 5 newb. I'm from EUW, played around 1000 games and would consider myself to be aware of his strenghts and weaknesses well enough

2. Please excuse any grammar mistakes I made, I'm from Germany but I'll try my best to write everything in a nice and understandable english ^.^

RENGAR 2013!
FOR RENGACIA!

Edit:
As some people say, Rengar just can't be fixd with buffs of any kind and he should be reworked. I also thought about that and made and made every single skill scaling on its ferocity part. It's only in the german forums atm and I'm too lazy to translate everything so here is just a little excerpt for Savagery, enjoy!

Everything written in BIG represent the changes that were made

---Savagery <----> Rengars Q---

Right now:

Normal usage:
30/60/90/120/150 (+1.0 AD)
30/35/40/45/50% AS Steroid for 4 seconds

Ferocity bonus:
+100% AD und doppelten AS Steroid (60/70/80/90/100%)

My suggestion:

Normal usage:
30/60/90/120/150 (+1.1 AD)
20/25/30/35/40% AS Steroid for 4 seconds

Ferocity bonus:
+60/75/90/105/120% AD and double the AS Steroid (40/50/60/70/80%)

If that'd be too strong:
EITHER
30/55/80/105/130 Basedmg
OR
10/40/70/100/130 Basedmg

spooky skelenton

03-09-2013

or wrench em

/thread

BIID

03-09-2013

Tl;DR + Downvote.

Paws and Games

03-09-2013

They already showed us they don't know how to balance things properly.

Why do you think there are so many champions?

To the ones that are failures to being balanced by their team, aren't noticed. Like Rengar, that "Has a stealth" so it will never be "balanced"

Xizz3l

03-09-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paws and Games View Post
They already showed us they don't know how to balance things properly.

Why do you think there are so many champions?

To the ones that are failures to being balanced by their team, aren't noticed. Like Rengar, that "Has a stealth" so it will never be "balanced"
I really begin to think the same way...
Eve for example needs a little tweak on her ult like a minimum damage oder a flat damage bonus...
Riot just seems to ignore major problems like that ._.
BUT HEY, LET'S NERF J4 <3

Xizz3l

03-09-2013

Gonna bump the crab out of this <3
Please don't let this die people, spread the word!
RENGAR 2013!

BigPatches

03-09-2013

**** Rengar and **** you

Uyrus

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-09-2013

bump

Zerglinator

03-09-2013

He only needs to be viable enough that he gets picked against Kha'Zix and then dies.

--Kha'Zix

Xizz3l

03-09-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zerglinator View Post
He only needs to be viable enough that he gets picked against Kha'Zix and then dies.

--Kha'Zix
Or as said by Xelnath:

"If he gets the first kill he's incredibly strong"

12345 ... 6