IWillDominate Tribunal Permaban & eSports Competition Ruling

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

PeteyPiranha

03-08-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Logios View Post
The only special treatment he got was getting a WORSE punishment than regular players. He had to level a new account and buy all the characters again just like everyone else, but on top of that he was banned from LCS.
Yeah...for a YEAR, not FOREVER. You don't think he could have gotten a job, or done something else in his life until he was allowed back in?

2pudge1cup

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-08-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by CardsLafter View Post
Motives be damned, I'm glad to see Riot put some consequences on the professional level. You think a team or sponsor is going to hire him now?

Not even.

And I'm glad.

If this game is your bread and butter, then don't **** on it. It's a job, so treat it like a professional should. I feel for the guy, but he brought upon himself.
they didnt put any consequences in.

he has a sponsor again of course.

Logios

03-08-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeteyPiranha View Post
Yeah...for a YEAR, not FOREVER. You don't think he could have gotten a job, or done something else in his life until he was allowed back in?
I fail to see how that's relevant.

Madballa007

03-08-2013

Yes it sucks that as a high profile player he seems to be getting a break but you have to remember that at one point they had a system to try and have players earn back their accounts from permaban and they shut it down cause of the failure rate. So yes he is getting special treatment for being high profile but its seems like none of you have ever heard the phrase "early release because of good behavior" which is what Riot is expecting of him to even put up guidelines that might allow him back into the LCS. Just cause he is moving back into the house and they have given him a chance does not mean that he is being welcomed back with open arms.

Trolosaurus

03-08-2013

Wut

Crazeh Fruit

03-08-2013

I saw him playing on obvious smurf on a pro player stream not too long ago...

MadridFC

03-08-2013

that necro

Xcopy

03-08-2013

This is a bad move on Riot's part.

IWillDominate is still the same toxic player he was, he just now tries to hide it.

I was watchin Saint's stream and IWD called two different players trash. Yet Riot is going to end his suspension early, when he should probably be suspended again since he still hasn't learned his lesson after repeated bans.

tempname950

03-08-2013

I don't see what the big fuss is about.

His account was permabanned, just like anyone elses account would have been. The '1 year' thing, is only for COMPETITIVE esports. But he will have to level up all over again if he wants to play seriously. He also has to get all his champs and runes back.

He got the same treatment that anyone else would have got. There's no system to keep anyone else from creating a new account, just like they're not going to stop him from creating a new account.

No special treatment.

Logios

03-08-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by tempname950 View Post
I don't see what the big fuss is about.

His account was permabanned, just like anyone elses account would have been. The '1 year' thing, is only for COMPETITIVE esports. But he will have to level up all over again if he wants to play seriously. He also has to get all his champs and runes back.

He got the same treatment that anyone else would have got. There's no system to keep anyone else from creating a new account, just like they're not going to stop him from creating a new account.

No special treatment.
I agree, but one slight correction. He was NOT banned from competitive play, ONLY LCS. He has been competing in LoL tourneys for a while now since his ban.

For some reason people seem to think that IWD was completely banned from ever playing LoL, which if they would actually read the front page they'd realize this is not the case.

Riot HAS NOT gone back on their punishment, he his STILL banned from LCS and his accounts at the time of the punishment are STILL BANNED. He had to make a new account like everyone else and buy all the characters/skins he lost again.

ANYONE THAT IS PERMABANNED CAN MAKE A NEW ACCOUNT. IWD did not get special treatment, in fact his punishment was WORSE because he is a pro player because was banned from LCS as well as having his accounts taken away.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xcopy View Post
IWillDominate is still the same toxic player he was, he just now tries to hide it.
WTF does that mean? If he's hiding the fact he's a toxic player by not acting on it, THEN HE'S NOT A TOXIC PLAYER.