Why don't people play Vlad against Lux?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Afflictid

03-08-2013

^title. He seems like he would do really well against her. He has the sustain to keep healthy through her E harass, assuming you dodge some (which you should be doing...), his pool can dodge her laser, and he has no resource to push to keep her at her tower with low mana instead of roaming

w0nderw4ll

03-08-2013

or nunu, le blanc, morgana, or kassadin idk man idk

SargeantAnonymos

03-08-2013

Cho gath!!!

TheXthDoctor

03-08-2013

Because you can't kill her or force her out of lane. Sure, the pool can negate her full combo, but she can shield a good portion of your damage, including the predictable timing of your ult's damage. You have no cc against her, and even if you do try to push her to her turret, she has good wave clear post-6, and smart players will itemize mana regen (doran's/chalice/blue buff) early to prevent it.

Helpful N Handy

03-08-2013

Fizz is the man.

Morello

Lead Designer

03-08-2013
1 of 1 Riot Posts

I always thought Kass is one of the best methods for dealing with a strong Lux mid. You need to make her scared to use Q's in lane, and I think assassin-type mages can do that, outfarm, then assassinate her in teamfights.

K G Morder

03-08-2013

What Doctor said. He does do well against her, but unless you manage, with your jungler, to shut her down early, she WILL rebound. You have very little to actually KILL her until you manage to build up your damage and health post 6. While starting at 6, she can really lay down some hurt, and even if you pool when she snares you, it still leaves you vulnerable, because you've lost your escape and she can lay down the hits before you manage to go back to your tower.

That said, they key to Lux mid, is baiting her snare out of her, and then hitting her with some good CC. If you go Vlad mid, you really need your Jungler's help.

igetlifted

03-08-2013

vlad just isnt strong enough. Hit kit needs to be buffed again slightly. Q just doesnt have the damage it used too and he cant sustain against her. Vlad is usually a better top anyways and even then he has some rough spots..wish they would just take back a little of the hardcore nerfs they put on him a while back. In season 2 he was OP. But season 3 he doesnt shine near as much

IS17c3b1fe14b0ed

03-08-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morello View Post
I always thought Kass is one of the best methods for dealing with a strong Lux mid. You need to make her scared to use Q's in lane, and I think assassin-type mages can do that, outfarm, then assassinate her in teamfights.
Or you can just nerf whoever is dominating you in lane, you know, since you're morello and all.

TheXthDoctor

03-08-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morello View Post
With Lux as my primary mid, I can't agree more. Sure, other mids can give her a hard time. For example, Galio is like a roadblock that you just can't dent as an AP caster, and especially as Lux. But good Luxes can always play safe in lane and almost never die to their opponent.

But Kassadin is truly my bane in mid when I play Lux. I've taken to watching a lot of Froggen's recent videos, and I just wish I could play the matchup as well as he does.