So, about that Karma leak...

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

DemiluniS

03-08-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryOrunitia View Post
But just because she "fell flat" it doesn't mean she can be completely scrapped and replaced.

Yes, maybe Sion, Karma, Trundle and Urgot are "mistakes", but I will always prefer a company that takes responsibility for their mistakes and tries to work with them instead of just going the easy way and deleting them. Why? Because maybe there are people who started playing because of those mistakes, who fell in love with those mistakes, spent money on the game because of those mistakes, and in the end those mistakes still contributed to the success of LoL. I know I wouldn't still be playing if I didn't have Karma to carry me from level 10 to 30 when I started.

So it just isn't respectful to the players, the fans, and the game's own history to just do something like this. It isn't fair to be lazy and instead of looking for a way to make those "mistakes" more modern, consistent and viable, just scrapping them completely. It isn't fair to take Karma, or Sion, or Urgot and delete them and replace them with a different champion with the same name. Maybe the new champion will be more appealing to new players, or to people who didn't like the older version, but as I said, this game went from having a few dozen characters to more than a hundred. I'm sure NOW they could afford to have a couple of champions who appeal to smaller groups.

When this overhaul team/project was announced they said it would be dedicated to reworking champions based on player feedback. But when were Karma players ever asked for feedback or input? If anything it was us who always tried to reach out to them just to be ignored.
You talking about a "different" champion that you don't know anything about yet! And i'm sure Riot know what's better both for the company and for the community, it's not enough you getting her traditional skin in memory for the the old karma? Instead of being selfish and making false statements out of nowhere, try to understand what stands beside Riot decisions, the new karma looks great and i'm sure her kit is also great so stop crying about something is gone and give a chance to the new things to come out, you might like it even more if you're open your mind a bit for new things

DemiluniS

03-08-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by catraven View Post
karma isn't one of those champs that have sacredness about their look like teemo, ashe, garen and darius or master yi...whereby it would be sacriligious to touch them. karma does not have anything that special (imo).
old karma "fans" downvoting lol

DemiluniS

03-08-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capitan Rick View Post
really have to agree, the karma rework just isnt the karma personality. I think the best example is Vi, her outfit perfectly fits the punkrock look, and its great. Noone would say Vi is ugly either, and shes not showing any skin at all, its the outfit fits the persona. And really the new karma look isnt the karma character, its a new sexy character that doesnt fit the karma personality. Riot already prooved you can go not sexy ad sell like vi, so why would you just throw away the previous karma outlook. Its a dissapointment for the 9thousand times they said they wernt gonna make her look like a bimbo.
cuz karma had like no personality, duh!
that's the thing they wanted to fix about her to turn her into the spiritual leader she meant to be from the beggining!!!
The old karma is like "oh a cover woman with fans" that's all! no personality behind her actual appearence as a woman with fans.

HarryOrunitia

03-08-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by DemiluniS View Post
You talking about a "different" champion that you don't know anything about yet! And i'm sure Riot know what's better both for the company and for the community, it's not enough you getting her traditional skin in memory for the the old karma? Instead of being selfish and making false statements out of nowhere, try to understand what stands beside Riot decisions, the new karma looks great and i'm sure her kit is also great so stop crying about something is gone and give a chance to the new things to come out, you mind like it even more if you're open your mind a bit for new things
False statements? Out of nowhere? Because it isn't obvious that she looks completely different?

It's hilarious that you're acting like I'm criticizing the new version, I'm not. I don't even care about the new version although honestly it does look like it could be an interesting new champion by itself, despite its design being a bit confusing. The point, and what I'm criticizing, is that it's NOT a "new champion", it's REPLACING an older champion I loved with something that is indeed completely different, at least in its looks, lore, general feel and from what it looks like even the posture and the animations will convey a completely different persona.

It's just normal to be upset when something you like is taken away from you, especially under these circumstances. It's not selfish, it's human.

Calypsx

03-08-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by DemiluniS View Post
cuz karma had like no personality, duh!
that's the thing they wanted to fix about her to turn her into the spiritual leader she meant to be from the beggining!!!
The old karma is like "oh a cover woman with fans" that's all! no personality behind her actual appearence as a woman with fans.
Except she actually had more personality and originality than this current floaty mage who shoots beams from her hands #11120312312

http://leagueoflegends.wikia.com/wiki/Karma/Background Read her judgement. She's an incredibly inspirational character, and the things she says to Soraka are epic.

Face it, Riot didn't do this because they actually wanted to flesh out her character, they did it because they knew Karma boosting her *** appeal a little while being a mage that panders to the generic usual magic users we see all over media would sell. That itself makes me sad, niche character designs shouldn't just be thrown away because of popularity....

This honestly should of been an entirely new champion all together, they are throwing away my favorite character and it makes me sad to see her just go for this irelia/syndra skin.

MrTharne

03-08-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryOrunitia View Post
False statements? Out of nowhere? Because it isn't obvious that she looks completely different?
So if someone who normally wears jeans+t-shirt starts wearing suits, he's not the same person anymore. That's a little superficial.

Healurownbum

03-08-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrTharne View Post
So if someone who normally wears jeans+t-shirt starts wearing suits, he's not the same person anymore. That's a little superficial.
Does change how you look at the person and how the first impression of the person is.

And thats the problem atm right here right now. First impression of new Karma is bad.

HarryOrunitia

03-08-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrTharne View Post
It's convenient that you only quoted that part of my post when the rest actually mentioned her lore and her posture. It's not a secret that they're also changing her personality, since it's right there in the contents of the first three posts of this thread.

Also this is a game, not real life. Character design matters, first impressions matter. If they didn't why would Riot even hire character designers? They could just have every champion wear jeans and t-shirts.

DemiluniS

03-08-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calypsx View Post
Except she actually had more personality and originality than this current floaty mage who shoots beams from her hands #11120312312

http://leagueoflegends.wikia.com/wiki/Karma/Background Read her judgement. She's an incredibly inspirational character, and the things she says to Soraka are epic.

Face it, Riot didn't do this because they actually wanted to flesh out her character, they did it because they knew Karma boosting her *** appeal a little while being a mage that panders to the generic usual magic users we see all over media would sell. That itself makes me sad, niche character designs shouldn't just be thrown away because of popularity....

This honestly should of been an entirely new champion all together, they are throwing away my favorite character and it makes me sad to see her just go for this irelia/syndra skin.
She doesn't show any personality in her APPEARENCE!!!!!!!!!! compare her to someone like vayne for example, you see her and hear her and understand who she is! unlike karma which is not actually representing it in her appearence! and riot fixed it by making her look like as someone who represents her personality and her status in a better way, that's all! Riot put much effort to make every champ an individual and interesting character and that's something they missed in making karma look like she was before her remake!

Calypsx

03-08-2013

Attachment 630796

R.I.P. Awesome looking Karma, I'll really miss you, the joy you brought me over these past 2 years was great... I'm sad to see you go for this entirely new champion, i'll miss your fans, your style, and your elegance.....

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/...php?p=21099893

My topic I made a year ago,and the connection I feel and made with this champion is being thrown away for a more popular and cliche design... It's hard.. I honestly don't think I can get myself to play LoL anymore when this comes out, because she was the only character I played.. I love the twin fans so much.