Digi-Art Throwdown Contest Winners Revealed

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

evelastina

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-07-2013

ahh i forgot people were sharing their art here
even though im still bitter about the winners (and not in the way where i felt i should have won, ive just seen other people's entries that i felt followed the requirements and were better on a technical level that should have won)
but looking back on my piece, especially when i compare it to say, the blitzcrank one, that I could have done a lot better
even though it's still one of my best pieces so far!
I've always had a lot of difficulty with backgrounds, and seeing it compared to some of the winners' backgrounds I know i still have a long way to go D:
i could have fixed the perspective, the lighting, made it more detailed and dynamic
I also felt short on time, as I was originally going to have vi carrying jayce but couldnt put him in in the end.

I was really bummed for a while, as i think all, if not a lot of artists, get when they feel they did something outstanding only to see someone produce something way better. but i've also noticed that had i been able to enter in last year's lunar revel contest, it would have paled in comparison to what i made this year

and next year i'll be even better~

so to everyone who participated and gave it their all, but didn't win:
keep drawing, as much as you can
and see you next year ;> (or at least in the next digi-art contest)

Ynette

03-07-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsPudding View Post
There were many entries that were superior in art quality to many of our finalists but were cut for being so far from the contest theme that we couldn't even dream up a scenario where it'd make sense for them to even be prepared for Season 3 in some way.

An example: http://i.imgur.com/qqzBNg1h.jpg
Yeah Ms Pudding? Yeah? Okay, please tell me, how is the Nidalee+Lulu+Tristana training? How? Amazing and breathtaking art no doubt, but how are they preparing? As well as the Rengar on the throne, he's also training right? You were truly wrong to award the Heimerdinger. That's just a bloody 2 hour sketch at most. Don't tell me in those 5500 entries that there weren't better art AND meeting criteria than that one.

Badnip

03-07-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sathalas View Post
i hope my BFA in illustration is not clouding my judgement
you're pretty desperate to be namedropping your degree snort

Jytterbug

03-07-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badnip View Post
you're pretty desperate to be namedropping your degree snort
You can't name drop a degree, he's just showing his credibility by stating he has extensive knowledge on the subject.

Badnip

03-07-2013

And through it he is implying he has more extensive knowledge than industry professionals.

Darklightning

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-08-2013

MsPudding,

It is well known, that as a sentient pudding you can read minds at will. I don't know how far mine made it in this contest... if it, by chance, made it into the finals... could you use your awesome mind power (if you have a moment) to find out its shortcomings? I would like to improve as an artist and if I made it that far I'd appreciate the criticism.

If it didn't make it that far, I'm sure the criticism is, "Don't make us throw up!:

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/...9&d=1362666883

DeePok

03-08-2013

Where can I buy a "How to Carry Your Team by Darius" book?

YoShan11

03-08-2013

i want to use your art for my facebook banner!!
tell me if your didnt want to!!
gj i love MF

Lizeron

03-08-2013

gaah x3 Kinda sad I didn't win, but the quality of art the winners shown is breathe taking! For those that say Lulu, tris and Nidalee aren't preparing, relaxing after training is the best way to have the energy for more training! So, your arguement is invalid.

but, regarding the heimerdinger picture. Is the cookie counting? How? It definately's not an item from the store, despite it being a new item from masteries. This honorable mention makes me butthurt to the core. It does qualify the preparing for the new season, but jesus. There's no new item from the store, which was supposed to be the whole point of this contest to begin with. I'd like an explanation for that. But still, a grats to the winner, you are a true genius.

MsPudding

Sentient Pudding

Follow MsPudding on Twitter

03-08-2013
13 of 14 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ynette View Post
That's just a bloody 2 hour sketch at most. Don't tell me in those 5500 entries that there weren't better art AND meeting criteria than that one.
That's really insulting to the artist who created that incredible vector artwork. You realize all the people who created the winning entries are hard-working artists from the community as well right? They have feelings too, and spent countless hours polishing their entries just as many others did.

I was not the deciding and unanimous voice for this contest. Addressing me in such a way won't change what the current winners are.