So, about that Karma leak...

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Grand Viper

03-07-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jettelag View Post
How is showing ONE LEG over sexualized? Have you never seen a woman before? Did you just get back from the late 1800s?
Showing one leg in order to display a writhing dragon tattoo on a refined political figure is oversexualizing when said tattoo encompasses her entire leg so your eye is forced to linger and trace every curve of said leg. Dragon tattoos are not generally seen as "serene". You have Akali with a dragon tattoo on her back because you don't screw with her, Akali can wear her outfit because her pose, her position as an assassin, and the fact that she takes influence from the kunoichi makes sense. On Karma, I'm not such a big fan of the dragon tattoo to try and exemplify how "bad ass" she is when she is supposed to be a yin/yang, Buddhist,Taoist figure.

Not saying people with tattoos cannot be Buddhists or Taoists, which goes on to my next point as to what I mean:

It's not about the 1800's and how scandalous showing an ankle is. Look at the history of attire and then look at our modern way of dressing, look at how different cultures and their leaders and goddesses and not necessarily about the "stuffy 1800's and harumph gentlemanly manners." There's also the idea of pose, how a regal, tranquil figure should look (I would use Buddha for example) compared to how she is currently standing and her general appearance.

She's being made more streamlined to fit the LoL norm of champions rather than standing out as unique. She's supposed to be a leader, and instead of showing us how she's bad ass, they're more telling us she is because her appearance doesn't really read "bad ass leader".

Instead of engaging with argumentative fallacies, try producing something that promotes worthwhile discussion. This is not just targeting you, this is targeting everyone who says this appearance overs*xualizes / does not s*xualize Karma, I apologize for using you as a basis for discussion.

Valexi

03-07-2013

Fantastic job, if only because of the legacy skin and making sure all the players that want it now can get it. I don't really like the new design - the bare legs and bust after IronStylus's introduction to Quinn make me sigh. We already have Nidalee, Sona, MF etc., do female characters have to be retroactively sexualised? I feel like it was to help push her appeal on relaunch so I understand but it is a bit sad. Then again we have the legacy skin so I guess it's okay

Really looking forward to the kit rework and my minds churning with ideas for other old champs!

Mitt Rawmoney

03-07-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy Monkey View Post
Why did you change Karma’s look and costume?

We also decked her out in Ionian garb to emphasize her allegiance.
so basically you took the only non-scantilly clad woman in League and made her scantilly clad... swag.

JunkRamen

03-07-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valexi View Post
Fantastic job, if only because of the legacy skin and making sure all the players that want it now can get it. I don't really like the new design - the bare legs and bust after IronStylus's introduction to Quinn make me sigh. We already have Nidalee, Sona, MF etc., do female characters have to be retroactively sexualised? I feel like it was to help push her appeal on relaunch so I understand but it is a bit sad. Then again we have the legacy skin so I guess it's okay

Really looking forward to the kit rework and my minds churning with ideas for other old champs!
IronStylus actually commented on the possibility of Karma being sexualized. His post suggested that more skin would be shown, but in a classy way. New Karma is obviously showing more curve both new skins but it's not like they turned her into MF.

Schoild

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

03-07-2013

She's a whor@e!

DatsaBootyHole

03-07-2013

So I am really happy you're giving us that traditional Karma skin.

And I'm really happy she'll still be able to be played as a mid.

And I'm really happy about her new skill animations.

I'm really happy with this upgrade. Thank you guys so much for your hard work I CANNOT WAIT TO PLAY HER EVERY SINGLE GAME AND NOT GET CALLED A TROLL YAY.

Voidophile

03-07-2013

Ahh I better buy Karma ASAP! I'm also going to miss her old design, as happy as I am for there to be a traditional skin, it's design is still only pays tribute to the old dress and isn't quite the same. Ah well, I've never played her due to not ever being in the champion free week roster so I guess this way I'll finally get my chance XD

Mitt Rawmoney

03-07-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by octavian1127 View Post
are you laughing at us Karma fans, Morello?
i hope your kidding.

if your not, its a pun because she uses fans -.-

Rosamel Pico

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-07-2013

I like this karma dont rework her plz ):

IcySpykes

03-07-2013

I love Karma, and shes one of my favorite champs, I dont play her often because I can only handle supporting foolish people so often, but I still love her playstyle.

Im entirely open to this overhaul, and embrace the changes, It'll be kinda like getting a new champion for free!

The traditional skin is a huge relief, It looks fantastic and true to her current look, but as for keeping the old VO for the skin, and having a different VA for the new one, I dont really like that idea.
If youre going to change her so radically, I want to be able to hear the new VA, the skin alone is enough to keep old Karma in my heart.

Embrace change.