So, about that Karma leak...

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

MrTharne

03-07-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by medcitymissile View Post
My first major problem with this new look is the stupid looking thing floating over her head...
Yeah because before, she hadn't a "stupid looking thing floating" around her head, right ?
Now it's much more like Irelia's (and this is intended).

DoubleGunzObama

03-07-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raptamei View Post
Funny thing is, there are plenty of hipster champions. I used to main Sejs Bsns in S2 and had a 75% win rate with her. But at least I recognised her main strength was that no one had a clue how to fight against her. If you want a hipster pick today, try Viktor or Sivir or Syndra Jungle.

Karma? Well she's just weak and has no strengths, plus she looks like a grandmother. Put aside your hipster sensibilities and enjoy the fact that there'll be one more viable support.
Did you even read what I said? I am happy about the remake and I was chastising the other players who are currently complaining about this rework...I'm not looking for another hipster pick, I just want people to stand behind riot in the decisions that they make.

Calypsx

03-07-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by KoolAid125 View Post
Did you even read what I said? I am happy about the remake and I was chastising the other players who are currently complaining about this rework...I'm not looking for another hipster pick, I just want people to stand behind riot in the decisions that they make.
No one is complaining about the skill rework... They are mostly a little saddened by the design since it doesn't look anything like the old Karma they grew to love over the past 2 years.

It's like Caitlyn trading her rifle for a bow, that would make some people pretty sad also.

I'm all for the skill rework and a visual touch up, I just didn't expect to get someone who can qualify as almost a whole new character. Especially if that means losing the Karma we have now.

Raptamei

03-07-2013

Riot: the 5 people defending the old Karma in this thread are the only 5 people who actually play Karma right now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Partisan View Post
1. That stupid thing over her head was in her first iteration. It is a crest of Ionia and the highest honor in the land.
I believe it's actually about the newly added hypnodisk in the middle. I hope that thing can spin to stun enemies looking at her.

The Partisan

03-07-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raptamei View Post
Riot: the 5 people defending the old Karma in this thread are the only 5 people who actually play Karma right now.

I believe it's actually about the newly added hypnodisk in the middle. I hope that thing can spin to stun enemies looking at her.
Oh gotcha, the new iteration of her power source/mantra. Yeah I main Karma as one of my top three most played as a top laner. I'm pretty happy with the changes, and while I will miss some things, I will enjoy playing with the new kit and skins.

Flodoard

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-07-2013

o boy
this is one of those "I'm excited! I'm terrified" moments isn't it?

Ira Nibanabane

03-07-2013

I originally bought Karma because she was a very unique playstyled character and because she wasn't dressed half-way to being Nidalee, like most of the female champions in the game (this was actually my primary reason). Then she grew on me more for her story and League Judgement which showed her as a very unique character in the very fact that she was NOT blatantly torn apart by what was happening in her country, rather she steeled herself to be a stronger person because of it.

The "rework" to be is tearing apart everything that actually left Karma as a real symbol of Ionian will. You're introducing a new character and simply throwing out one that people hoped to see improvements on at some point instead of actually focusing on how to make improvements to current embodyment.

I'd actually be more satisfied if you were killing her off, with a decent story, and introducing this rework as a new character instead of trying to sell it off as being the same person as before.

Thayen

03-07-2013

hmm I suppose this is probably something someones mentioned before, and if so I apologize in advance but I must admit I'm quite worried. I very much enjoyed karmas old method of play and fear this rework will end up changing her to the new style of support. I liked the old karma that could clean a wave in two spells and go toe to toe with the toughest throwing out damage and tanking in reversals on ganks baiting the enemy and securing kills for her team.

I fear with kit changes she may move away from her old skill set and this worries me... maybe I'm an odd ball, but I love her despite her rubs against the meta, I know she isn't highly popular in high meta play, but I still love her... ah I've rambled enough I'm sorry.

I just hope that I'm not saying goodbye to a good champ I've always loved to play.

SimspawnDemondim

03-07-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thayen View Post
hmm I suppose this is probably something someones mentioned before, and if so I apologize in advance but I must admit I'm quite worried. I very much enjoyed karmas old method of play and fear this rework will end up changing her to the new style of support. I liked the old karma that could clean a wave in two spells and go toe to toe with the toughest throwing out damage and tanking in reversals on ganks baiting the enemy and securing kills for her team.

I fear with kit changes she may move away from her old skill set and this worries me... maybe I'm an odd ball, but I love her despite her rubs against the meta, I know she isn't highly popular in high meta play, but I still love her... ah I've rambled enough I'm sorry.

I just hope that I'm not saying goodbye to a good champ I've always loved to play.

Exactly what he said, except from the APC standpoint of a mid laner. If you riot really wants to do this they need to just kill her off and introduce her secret apprentice or something~

I had thought this "traditional Karma" skin they were talking about was just us getting to keep the original, then I read closer and and realized no, the new skin isn't the one showing, that's the "traditional" skin we'll get to for already having her. Personal I think it looks great, but only as a "new" skin. However compared to the one she has now, it looks like ****. I much much much prefer the dress, the look, the style, the idea. I really really like the new look, it's fantastic and amazing, I just really really really prefer the dress she has now over it.

I'm very distressed about changing her Kit. The only reason people don't play Karma is because they don't know HOW to properly play Karma. She's already the perfect balance between being able to APC mid, or Support bot.

Also, I loved the fact that she was a very unpopular champion. She's too good to be very popular, if you just play her right. I'm going to be very sad if her kit is changed much. If anything it only needs a little tweaking to give her more escape if she gets 2 v 1'ed, but other than that she was already perfect.

SonOfaSubmariner

03-07-2013

I almost wish that jade dragon thing was more ribbon like or something. Something not quite ike whips but still elegant. I think that would be a fair compromise for the absence of fans, because her using fans was one of the things that appealed to me. Made me think of Kitanna from Mortal Kombat (Which new Karma resembles to me and I feel like that's almost the reason she lost her fans.)

Not to mention, I'm fairly certain Karma could have been fixed withotu such major changes. For instance, her W would have been fixable by adding some sort of reward system for keeping the tether for its duration, or making it so her speed matches who she links with. Or making it so if you eat a mantra and don't use it, you get a mantra back.

She really is fun, she just has some clunky aspects that quality of life changes probably would have fixed. I hope she still feels like Karma, even if her aesthetics are different.

In her Traditional skin shots, it looks like she has a skill shot of some sort. I'm hoping that's just the initial animation for her tether because if Heavenly Wave is gone I'm going to be such a sad panda. DAT HEAL.

But in the long run, I do have faith that Karma won't be ruined...

Though if she is, maybe new Karma should be reworked into her twin, AMRAK. Or MARKA.