What are interesting Ward stats?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ergand

03-06-2013

A friend of mine thinks there should be a "time spent CCing the enemy" stat at the end of the game. Just throwing that out there

SSj Heimerdinger

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-06-2013

How about deaths UNDER wards, I feel like that would be VERY significant

buttros

03-06-2013

I'd like to see something like "ward assists". That is, if an enemy is killed within xx seconds after he was spotted by a ward you placed then you'd get a ward assist. I'd even love to see that as a regular feature in the game, granting you a real assist and the appropriate gold.

Just displaying "wards placed" would give them trolls afk-warding in base even more incentives to do their childish games.

Sim Sou Eu

03-06-2013

Individual:
- Green Wards placed;
- Pink Wards placed;
- Wards destroyed;
- Time of effective warding (time that enemies spent under your wards' vision);
- Item activations;
- Potions consumed;
- Damage shielded;
- Time spent cc'd;
- CC time inflicted.

Team:
- Total Wards placed;
- Total Wards killed;
- Total Baron Nashor kills;
- Total Dragon kills;
- Total Ancient Golem kills;
- Total Elder Lizard kills.

On another note, the Pickpocket buff in-game should show how much gold you have done by using that mastery. Oh, and make gp10 items count the gold you make from them only when you actually start getting gold from them (sry for the OCD).

Dynamic Proxy

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-06-2013

I personally think that adding in wards killed and the different types is just too much. Though I do agree with "how many you place in game" to help people get motivated to use them more often. The rest is just muddled info that doesnt really matter

Kelly Price

03-06-2013

"Wards placed in bushes" might help.

Or "wards placed in fog of war".

Would prevent the planting wards at your base/safe places to inflate the statistic. There is still potential for abuse, but the abuse is probably something that will die off quickly - spamming wards if you think you'll lose is a huge detriment to your chance to win, after all.

And who wants to lose?

Kanikkers

03-06-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sim Sou Eu View Post
On another note, the Pickpocket buff in-game should show how much gold you have done by using that mastery.
Agreed with your whole post, but this point in particular would be really cool.

M0b1us

03-06-2013

What about ward efficiency? Make it work off area so that wards that share the same area have less efficiency. Also a stat that could be the average number of enemy champions spotted per ward. Just give each champion a timer before they would be counted again.

Datavore

03-06-2013

"Ward coverage"
This is the area that has sight from your ward, multiplied by the number of seconds the area had vision for your team from only that ward.
For example, a sight ward has a range of 1100. The area it covers is roughly 3.801 million units. If that ward provided sight to an area for three minutes, and nothing else on your team gave that area sight, then you'd get (3 * 60 * 3.801 = ) 684.24 points for that ward. If an allied champion also granted vision of that area for a minute, you would instead get (2 * 60 * 3.801 = ) 456.16 points.
If you really want to get precise, you can take into account how much of the ward's range the champion also had sight in, and give full credit for all the rest. For example, if a ward is in a bush, and your champion can see on one side of the bush but not inside it or on the other, you give full credit to all that area that would not be visible if the ward wasn't there, but take away that part the champion could see anyway.
I don't know if it is even remotely possible to track this statistic, but that would be the most accurate gauge possible for ward value IMO.

The Roonage

03-06-2013

how about "# wards that detected an enemy champion"