So, about that Karma leak...

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

catraven

03-06-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellioning View Post
He has no utility apart from the massive damage increase on his ult.

And his pool is usually enough escape. EVERYONE loses if their lane gets camped.

ALSO, ks is not a thing.
the damage increase is avoided by simply walking away for 5 seconds or disengaging and re-engaging straight after it wears off. imo the pool is cancelled bc most champs have gap closers or sprints. still, go ahead you think he's great . i think he's trash tier (well not quite) but, we can agree to disagree. sure everyone loses if their lane is camped but you said his ability is to sustain. other champs don't lose their 'main ability' if they are camped

Icebender

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-06-2013

To those complaining about the fans, what about dragons?

Alanowen

03-06-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alanowen View Post
Ok I hate to sort of veer off topic a little from this original thread posting, but I have heard a lot of talk about all the reworks and such going on. I was wondering if a dev could possibly answer this question, although its not expected.

Why is it that champions like Karma, or other "newer" releases have their remakes pushed ahead of a champion like, say, Heimer for example. I personally love Heimer and find he can be a bit underpowered. Even when I think I can do well, all my friends whine and complain when I pick him because they think he is basically unplayable.

I guess the end questions are.. Why do "newer" champs get ahead of older ones? And.. Is Heimer planned to have a released remake any time in the near future?
Reposting because it got lost in the massive flow of replies from people!

Aceria

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-06-2013

Let me take a look at the new skin.

Her spine is completely broken (let me guess, the same crappy artist who drew Elise, Syndra and Zyra? If not and if so, still, shame on you.).
Her boobs are coming out of her collar bone (same as above).
She has no more fans.
Her yin-yang black-and-white theme is gone.

You just completely ruined a champion I've loved since I started playing LoL. Thanks, Riot.

Thank goodness you're giving me the vintage skin for free, because that's probably all I'll be using. Here's the only thing I like about the new art: the color purple.

It would be different if this were a completely different champion. I wouldn't care if that were case--except for the broken art, which I'd still despise. But I thought this would be a visual upgrade of Karma, not a completely different champion. You say that her fans weren't iconic enough, but they were. Most people who know the champion now know her by her fans. She's "that fan lady." Show someone who doesn't play the game the old and new skins, side by side. If you don't tell them they're the same person, I can almost guarantee that they'll think they're two different people. The only similarities I can spot are the floaty thing behind her, her darker skin, short hair, and the eye markings. I MIGHT think they were sisters, or maybe even that the new one was old Karma's daughter. But the same? No. Not a chance.

I understand the desire to evolve, and that this was a wonderful opportunity to do so. I've loved some of your VUs in the past. But this? This is the first time I've been completely and utterly devastated. It is not the same champion. Why do you even have her legs exposed? The way the art looks, it seems as though you gave her a tattoo solely to show it off with bare legs, or to justify giving her bare legs in the first place. I am not saying that her original outfit was great--it was a little awkward-looking, and I really like what you did with the new Vintage skin. But did you really need to have the new outfit expose her legs all the way to her upper thighs? You couldn't have made the top part a little longer, couldn't have maybe given her shorts underneath or something? You also completely changed her body type (that splash art makes her breasts look enormous), which is pretty ridiculous.

I just...I'm so upset. I don't think I've ever taken time to post in the forums before this, but I couldn't keep quiet with this one. And I know my words won't change a thing, and most people won't even read this, but maybe some will. Just figured I'd throw in my two cents.

TL;DR: This is a completely different champion visually (and the anatomy of the splash art is godawful), and I'm sorely disappointed. I am now prepared for massive downvotage.

Dryad Soraka

03-06-2013

Also the size of her Mantle of Decorum goes to show that she has massive influence in Ionia

Kirby02

03-06-2013

Why did it take a leak for anyone to say anything about it? Can you guys be a little more forthcoming with information so we don't get left out in the dark for so long, please?

Rivini

03-06-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by catraven View Post
i have no problem at all with bare-chested female champs. i bet most players don't either. in fact i'm sure the game would become more popular and seen as a bleeding edge game.
Said every hormonal teen boy ever.

phatcat09

03-06-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotAmes View Post
our new goals for her
What about ours.

*single tear*

kjj92

03-06-2013

I'm so glad they removed those stupid fans and gave her some new colors other than black and white.
As an Asian I was deeply offended by her old look, it hurts my feeling so much that no feminists who's offended by exposing legs can understand my pain.

Moroza

03-06-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjj92 View Post
While everybody is happy about the VU, some disgusting people are busy with down voting everyone who doesn't give a **** about stupid fans. And they are stupid enough to believe that this juvenile action can represent the opinion of the community, so riot might set eyes on their stupid unsatisfications. Nope, riot will never listen to you whiny kids, and they better not too. You wanna play with fans? Go purchase JF Cass! That skin is ugly as hell and fans fit it perfectly!
Lol, I think if Riot can make Karma work without the fans then that's fine even though they are iconic to her character.
I still hate the new design as a base design for Karma.