So, about that Karma leak...

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Zastie

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-06-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy Monkey View Post
Hey Guys, just to chime in on the fan conversation and to give some insight.
We got rid of the fans because they did not reflect who we wanted Karma to be going forward. The lore team really wanted to make Her the paragon of Ionia. The fans were not cutting it as a source of readable power in game either. So we iterated on the Ionian standard, the two swirling dragons. We played with the idea that She harnesses Her spiritual energy and uses the Two Ionian Jade Dragons as a conduit for her Mantra. After the particle team got hold of that idea, they made something that was much more impactful and holistic than the two fans. We feel it's a much stronger idea.
Traditional Karma with fans please..?

FelBornstellar

03-06-2013

hope im not asking a question that's already been answered, but when's this new look gonna be in game?

Rivini

03-06-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draginath View Post
Worried about this myself. Fingers crossed she remains obscure
Don't count on it. Every match over the following week after her rework launch will have Karma. After that, unless she's found to be broken, the craze will slowly die down.

Ryokoseigo2

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-06-2013

I'll just leave this here... this is my problem with the new Karma design... Too many champions look like syndra... I had the same problem with the release of Zyra/diana/syndra but no matter. Also Syndra's design is ultra boring to begin with. I'm sure i'll be downvoted for poor shop, but I didnt feel like putting effort into photoing her face on her.
I'm ignoring the fact her pose is awkward, look at her back arch, I know its on a minor angle but it looks like her feet should be aimed at the screen based on her back positon

shown in the second picture

FenrirBigBadWolf

03-06-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryokoseigo2 View Post
I'll just leave this here... this is my problem with the new Karma design... Too many champions look like syndra... I had the same problem with the release of Zyra/diana/syndra but no matter. Also Syndra's design is ultra boring to begin with. I'm sure i'll be downvoted for poor shop, but I didnt feel like putting effort into photoing her face on her.
Is it wrong that i kinda like this? O_o ha ha ha

leetkiller

03-06-2013

this is so sick finally, i could enjoy playing with her

Vur Horsten

03-06-2013

Never heard of her.

CaptainT

03-06-2013

Karma always gave me a Xiao Qiao feeling. I don't know why you didn't think she couldn't be powerful and bad ass with fans.

Colton

03-06-2013

As someone who has been playing League of Legends on a fairly regular basis since December 2009, I can wholeheartedly say that I support Riot Games' decision to take Karma's Rework in this direction. (and let me tell you why you should too).

Firstly, I realize their are some downsides to any rework. Specifically revolved around this rework, some players can most certainly make the case that Riot Games devolved through this rework in the sense that Karma has not only lost her fans, but also has become sexualized (--a word even the website's spell check fails to recognize).

I personally have witnessed this game metamorphose from its formerly the E rated (and blocky) form to its current state, and I admit there are some changes that even a reverent supporter like me does not approve of.

But, despite all these arguments and view points, I feel that this rework has ensconced Karma into a position that was not truly filled by any other champion (rather than the consideration that Riot Games has pandered to a lower audience by making her a support-mage).

The new Karma is truly the Enlightened One. Thematically, this Karma fulfills the unrepresented allegory of the power of the mind. Surely, other characters such as Syndra somewhat fulfill this concept as well, but Karma is now the only one that does it justice. The new Karma now is focused around her mind and the respective inner energies that she can harness from it . This type of character was not fully delineated in the league previously because all other similar champions are too focused on one aspect of their kit. For Syndra, her kit was heavily biased toward the gravity balls that she controls rather than the action of her mental control. Even so, Karma displays more mental focus to the point where she is no longer limited to one object (the fan) but rather raw, cognitive mental power.

tl;dr
My personal view is that Riot Games overall has improved Karma beyond the limited viewpoint that Riot Games has glossed over the old Karma with the supposedly procured new Karma.

Flanelhipster

03-06-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryokoseigo2 View Post
I'm going to have to agree with this poster exactly. Way too many of the female champs have the glowing eye revealing leg syndrome that we get from zyra/elise/syndra/ and now karma. Giving out the free classic skin is nice, but I wouldn't send the skin to the vault because that sends the message that you're trying to get rid of the old karma design by making it unavailable. Also, leaving the karma skin available to purchase for new players means more money for Riot, and it also gives new players a chance to get a regal karma skin rather than syndra 4.0?