So, about that Karma leak...

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Morello

Lead Designer

03-06-2013
24 of 43 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sasnak View Post
In all honesty? It's a fan/no-fan thing. I'd be ecstatic about this if the fans weren't removed...It's just not right. It's just too much...

Karma may be the least popular champion, but as someone who rushed his ip when first starting to play just to get her and learn her as my champ, this departure is just too far. It looks great, really, it does, but why must the fans be removed? It is just part of her...Karma is the fan using champion...and now she isn't...now she is something completely different, even in the traditional skin.

Us Karma players have been excited about this VU/Kit Rework, but I think it is hard to explain how this can rub us the wrong way. I'm sure we would all agree that we think this VU is gorgeous, but it just isn't our Karma. When we heard VU/Rework, none of us thought that it would mean this radical of a change...a removing of her fans...a reworking of her lore...

If it is the final direction you are taking Riot, I can respect that...but this isn't the same Karma as many of us know/love now...and while I can even dig more of a focus on the 'Enlightened One,' I just don't understand removing her fans, such a large part of what made Karma who she is.

I just want to reiterate that this VU is beautiful, and I appreciate all the work Riot is devoting to Karma, as she is a champ who needs it...no one denies that. I just feel after looking through all of this, as a current Karma player, I can't help but be a little depressed at the direction currently being taken.
Thanks - this is informative.

Because of the rig and how things "work" (shorthand), the fans won't be returning here, but I think that these might have been more important to some die-hard Karma fans than we originally thought.

As our first full overhaul, we want to make sure if there are additional considerations that we take them into account when approaching these. While our decisions can quite possibly at least put off a few players with this kind of stuff, it is food for thought next time.

Keyshe

03-06-2013

Well the rework looks great-- but I kinda miss the robe/dress. It looked regal to me, this new one more like a priestess (and maybe a tad ****ty lol.) Not that any of that is bad, just a big change. The Traditional skin is a nice middle ground though. The big plus in her re-design is it feels like more Ionian now, she fits much better into the style/look of the other Ionians.

I do wonder how this will affect her old skins?

Clubbems

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-06-2013

I love the Vintage Karma skin. I'm actually excited to play Karma. I hope my dominations with her in Arams will continue as usual.

Morello

Lead Designer

03-06-2013
25 of 43 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainMňrvelous View Post
WOAH WOAH WOAH

Hold on Mr.Rello and friends.

Does THIS mean that when Sion, Heimer, and Sejuani are "reworked" they too will receive new models and looks just as Karma has? Or is this just a Karma-centric thing?

SHOGUN MUST KNOW.
It's case-by-case, mostly depending on if the personality or theme has little going on overall. Many champs are fine here, some will need heavier lifting.

OmnisOmegas

03-06-2013

A bit off topic but now that Karma's fans are gone, will there ever be a future champ that will be using fans as a weapon

CaptainM├ąrvelous

03-06-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morello View Post
It's case-by-case, mostly depending on if the personality or theme has little going on overall. Many champs are fine here, some will need heavier lifting.
This pleases me.

Now go find "Bat-Morello"

Grand Viper

03-06-2013

Quote:
Thanks - this is informative.

Because of the rig and how things "work" (shorthand), the fans won't be returning here, but I think that these might have been more important to some die-hard Karma fans than we originally thought.

As our first full overhaul, we want to make sure if there are additional considerations that we take them into account when approaching these. While our decisions can quite possibly at least put off a few players with this kind of stuff, it is food for thought next time.
Does this mean that we may see their return in a future update? I understand not being able to fix her model now, because of how close she is to release and so forth, but could we look forward to their return in the future?

Annapii

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-06-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by jehsuhs View Post
except no one liked and/or used the original Karma. So what's your point?
Correction. You don't like or use the original Karma.

A lot of people did like and use the original Karma. I was one of them. And now it feels like Riot took away the champion that we enjoyed, changed her into a skin, and gave her name to a different champion.

I have nothing against the new Karma. She's not a bad champion. She's just not Karma.

Pro Anïvïa

03-06-2013

Quote:
if you ever do a visual upgrade on heimer be sure to preserve his swag run animation. i still miss old GP's run animation.

kouish

03-06-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by XtremeButtPirate View Post
What about if I bought a Karma skin already? What do I get for that? Do I get a refund?
*facepalm* All you had to do was read the red posts it was so simple.