So, about that Karma leak...

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Aemys

03-06-2013

I mentioned it in my earlier comment (about the sexy Angelina Jolie leg), but here are a couple more thoughts that I'd like addressed:

1. Why does the "Enlightened One" have to be sexualized with that leg? I don't feel like it fits.

2. Now that she is definitely ethnic and of a darker skin tone, why does her new default have straight hair?

I just feel like this update deserves some more discussion with Riot about sexualization of female champions, and now some discussion about race representation.

Annapii

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-06-2013

I have mixed feelings about this announcement.

First of all, I'm very pleased that the Karma rework is nearing its release. Some of us have been holding our breaths for a long time.

But I'm really not digging Karma's new look. She lost her signature weapons. And the stuff behind her makes her look like a secondhand Irelia.

On the other hand, I'm a big fan of Traditional Karma. I would have preferred for that to be her new Classic skin and for this purple get-up to be a new skin.

ArashiCrystal

03-06-2013

Hey Morello.

I'm popping in to ask about the status of that awesome Sona skin that will top the arcade one you mentioned a long while back in a Steel Legion Lux thread. How is it looking so far?

Also Karma will always be bland and meh to me, just like Kayle/Aether Wing Kayle the art is nice and all but are there new voice lines to go with the rework?

Darkwahn

03-06-2013

Love her new costume, but you guys are awesome for giving everyone tradition for free.

You found a way to effectively please most people. Good job.

Can someone else have fans now please?

BooleanCube

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-06-2013

I absolutely love the detail put into drawing Ionia in the background, it looks fantastic and really fleshed out the nation moreso than any backstory. It's stunning. I really want the Art/Lore teams to release more sprawling panoramas of the places we hear so much about.

...Also, dat waist/back/neck angle XD it looks less like a person posing, and more like someone planted a Boob-Plant into a Waist-Vase, which grew bent backwards twisting to face the sun, then it got infected by Ionia and a Karma-shroom-head sprouted up overnight.
Still, beautiful, as long as you don't try to imitate her pose, or compare it to Captain Falcon. Good job, the wait was definitely worth it. Riot picked the right corner on the Iron Triangle.

Scarizard

Live Balance Designer

03-06-2013
8 of 43 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riot Pwyff View Post
Lot of you asking about her kit so...

AH CHOOSE YOU, SCARIZARD!!!
A WILD SCARIZARD APPEARS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sejawny View Post
Awww snap best news in a longtime

Edit: Also was Karma's kit reworked? and if so was it with being a support role or apc role in mind?
Hey dudes! As you might know by now, i'm heading up the Karma Relaunch from the design side, and i bring good news - we are changing her kit. While i don't want to go too in-depth just yet, i wanted to drop in to this thread and answer this question, as it's one i've heard a lot and am sure will continue to be a concern.

Karma was re-imagined in our eyes as a support-mage. Think Lux, Morgana, Orianna - the kinds of characters that scale just as well with ability power as they do cooldown reduction and provide a lot to the team in the way of supporting their efforts. As a support-mage, she won't necessarily have the exact same specialized strengths as say Nami or Thresh (who were primarily designed as duo-lane support champions), but brings a mixed bag of damage and utility that we hope will leave you able to affect the outcome of teamfights and skirmishes alike no matter what lane you want to take her.

I'll be back with specifics on her abilities and mechanics as we get closer to her PBE release.

Vertany

03-06-2013

There are only three things I'm discontent with, except for that, I think the traditional Karma Skin is good and quite classy, like you promised it would be:

1 - I think the Mantle of Decorum (the same Irelia has) is flying too high above Karma now. I liked it better in her old model, where it was alot lower and almost attached to her dress. The form/colour/texture in the old model is better as well.

2 - This one's difficult to explain. I think Karma's figure/body type is too much like the common one now, like Syndra, Zyra and almost every female Champion. I really liked old Karma's small hips and long legs instead of curves.

3 - No fans =( (Thus lorechange too.)

p.s.: I still prefer the real dress (which also made Karma's strut so unique ;)) over the mantle-like thing though, but I can live with that.

Pictures for comparison:

Pog Master 2000

03-06-2013

Not sure if anyone mentioned, but I love the skin tone she has now. Something players been wanting and just suits her nicely in the new artwork.

Alex3omg

03-06-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aemys View Post
I mentioned it in my earlier comment (about the sexy Angelina Jolie leg), but here are a couple more thoughts that I'd like addressed:

1. Why does the "Enlightened One" have to be sexualized with that leg? I don't feel like it fits.

2. Now that she is definitely ethnic and of a darker skin tone, why does her new default have straight hair?

I just feel like this update deserves some more discussion with Riot about sexualization of female champions, and now some discussion about race representation.
The hair is fine, she's supposed to be "indian."

exe3

03-06-2013

OMG I NEED TO KNOW ABOUT HER KIT!!!!

Pure speculation but the visuals shown seem to imply her mantra management has been removed. This better not be the case.