What are interesting Ward stats?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

RaydoxBTP

03-06-2013

# of minutes oracle was held by a player?

Yeroban

03-06-2013

@Xelnath,
While you're talking about end game stats, and giving supports more recognition, may I ask you why there hasn't been a "damage shielded" stat considering the amount of shields now available via items or champion kits? Would it be hard to code or distinguish using the current system? I assume it's been considered before. Any info would be appreciated.

ecstaSTEVE

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-06-2013

kills/assists within ward range, maybe dragon/baron too

Goth Skunk

03-06-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xelnath View Post
Hey guys,

I'm coding up some stat tracking for wards now. I want to give support and solo lane players some more recognition for amazing warding. Specifically, following up on the rule to prevent people from spamming wards in their base to cheese warding stats.

I plan to add: "Placed a new ward" and "Killed a ward" as end of game stats.

Is there anything else obvious you guys feel is worth noting at the end of the game?

Disclaimer: Everything we intuitively "get" as players may not be as easy to detect procedurally for a computer.
Due to the addition of sightstones, it's better to track 'Wards placed' as opposed to 'Ward's Purchased,' though correlating wards purchased to wards placed can combat people that troll and spam ward purchasing at the end of the game. Someone who buys 2 wards and a ruby sightstone and places 30 wards in a 40 minute game is obviously being a good player, whereas someone who buys up 75 wards and places 70 is an obvious troll.

Differentiate between Sight wards and Vision wards.

Enemy wards destroyed can also be helpful, but would likely be little more than fluff.

Rick182

03-06-2013

Maybe you can sum the time left on enemy wards destroyed and add a "amount of vision denied" stat

Leonixxiii

03-06-2013

I think it would work better as a %, measuring ward uptime based per min.

The system counts wards up every min, and takes it into account.. So if you had wards up during 18 of a 20 min match, that's 90%... Then you take how many wards are up during those mins, and average it so we can see that the average ward count up at any time was say 2.7 (only using SS/RSS would look like this, while a sell, and dump would have a below 0 number.

Wards killed, that's ok to just be a strait up total.

Hope that makes sense.

t0ss

03-06-2013

Dunno if someone mentioned it yet, but a small map with either where people put wards or ward density of areas.

Dino Spumoni

03-06-2013

players revealed

hester

03-06-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeedANewToaster View Post
Nmber of champions spotted by your wards, the highest amount of wardes placed simoultanouesly by you.
My concern with this is that it would be very difficult to distinguish using code whether a ward spotted a champion or whether another source did, like a minion, champion or champion ability.

Qwertyseeba

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-06-2013

The solutions could be quite simple:

-Deny placing wards too close from each other. In a moderate range, this would help people from spamming them too close from each other.
*As a secondary effect, this would help 2 teammates when they ward almost at the same time, denying one of the players from adding the ward in the wished position, saving potential vision.
*Yeah, that might affect strategy in the battlefield referring to places like ramps, but you, Riot guys, are awesome enough to program it properly.

-Add cooldown on ward placing. This idea might be bad in the battlefield actually. But like 3 seconds or so might be strategically enough to fit in battlefields.
*Thinking about it, I don't like the idea. But It's an idea, you can evaluate it

-Could these be good ideas?