What are interesting Ward stats?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

hester

03-06-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artaean View Post
Would there be a way to count up wards placed that are not in the vision radius of existing allied wards?
If a ward grants a certain area of vision, what about just total unique area revealed by wards over time?

iZallen

03-06-2013

Alright; First to set 100 wards wins!

Sn0wY

03-06-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xelnath View Post
Hey guys,

I'm coding up some stat tracking for wards now. I want to give support and solo lane players some more recognition for amazing warding. Specifically, following up on the rule to prevent people from spamming wards in their base to cheese warding stats.

I plan to add: "Placed a new ward" and "Killed a ward" as end of game stats.

Is there anything else obvious you guys feel is worth noting at the end of the game?

Disclaimer: Everything we intuitively "get" as players may not be as easy to detect procedurally for a computer.
PLEASE put in one about damage blocked by shields either by the person who is casting the shield or how much the shield blocked for said champion! its an amazing stat.!

FelixAlamoria

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-06-2013

It's a team's responsibility to ward, not the individual's. As such, the stats should encourage team ward placement while still giving recognition to an individual that's doing a majority of the work.

average map coverage(team orientated stat) - would only count things that wouldn't normally be revealed by minions/turrets/base
champions spotted with wards(team orientated stat) - same as first
wards killed(team orientated stat) - encourages denying map coverage for enemy team
wards placed(individual stat)- shows how much an individual contributed to the prior stats, and again should only count things that wouldn't normally be revealed by minions/turrets/base

This should give plenty of recognition to those support/solo lanes while encouraging meaningful ward placement as a team.

MadridFC

03-06-2013

Quote:
I can separate Pink wards from Green wards, but I don't want to encourage losing players to sell all of their items to buy wards.
Frequency ? Is not the same 10 wards every 10 minutes on a 30 minutes game than 30 wards in the last 5 minutes of a 30 minutes games.

Mecoes

03-06-2013

I like this idea

Quote:
Originally Posted by WskiSky View Post
Seconds of vision granted by wards placed by player?

rumples

03-06-2013

% of time your individual skills were on cooldown, and total damage done with each

Fathomful

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-06-2013

Quote:
Hey guys,

I'm coding up some stat tracking for wards now. I want to give support and solo lane players some more recognition for amazing warding. Specifically, following up on the rule to prevent people from spamming wards in their base to cheese warding stats.

I plan to add: "Placed a new ward" and "Killed a ward" as end of game stats.

Is there anything else obvious you guys feel is worth noting at the end of the game?

Disclaimer: Everything we intuitively "get" as players may not be as easy to detect procedurally for a computer.
Maybe already said before but:

Green wards purchased
Pink wards purchased
Total gold spent on wards (sightstone + total wards)
Enemies Revealed
Objectives warded (Baron/Dragon/Buff Camps)
Wards destroyed

Thanks for starting work on this, very excited.

Akintunde

03-06-2013

how long champion x kept wards up. Maybe he placed a lot of wards early and late game, but fell behind midgame or something.

GypsyAzalea

03-06-2013

I'm concerned with the supports or anyone who don't buy wards all game, then at the end buy a few and blop them down in base. It will say 'Hey! I bought wards! I don't know what you're talking about!!" How do you think that can be counted? And will this maybe be laced into the tribunal and some point in time just like almost all the other counts?