iBlitzcrank isn't fair

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Kyryck

03-04-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morello View Post
And we'll change as we think appropriate - this isn't design-by-committee. Lux and iBlitz are clear and overt problems that we caused, not players. "L2P noobs" is not really a good argument to clarity, anymore than it was when I defended adding the circle ring around Cho'Gath's rupture. We care about this stuff.
I'll edit this. I had a long post, but a friend pointed out and I agree: There's utterly no point in trying to converse with somebody who just reduces an issue to a misquoted "L2Pnoobs" instead of bothering to address the actual issue. I agree. No point in it. Change your skin if you want. As you pointed out, it's your game and you don't design by committee. I'll keep that in mind whenever my reactions to things are sought out by Riot.

ThePhenakist

03-04-2013

While on this subject, has riot realized that pulsefire ezreal's skin tends to bug last hits on creeps? There have been many cases where the minion would have the skins death animation yet no gold would come. This is actually something that must be looked at, i agree the icrank skin's pull is a bit more difficult to see but you know the champion, and understanding when someone is going to pull is part of the game. I honestly don't believe the skin needs a change to it. BUT ezreal's does.

Vongeo

03-04-2013

I was winning lane, but then invisible super fast pulls op.

Magobori

03-04-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mimieh View Post
morello fix s3

edit: i'll take the opportunity and say that this isn't the first time it happens, PFE was released with some special powers too.

developer takes out of his time to address a concern and you decide to be a ******?

Bombkirby

03-04-2013

Quote:
Complaints or otherwise, this skin violates principles we have for having a clear and readable game. Even if no one noticed, I think the insidious effect over the long-term is clear, too.
Well thanks for replying anyways. I'm open to any changes you guys make to the Q, but I still think there's a lot of overracting to the whole thing.

I swear though, if there's still complaints after it gets fixed, I hope that raises some eyebrows about the possibility of mob mentality.

Alice Twilight

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-04-2013

Quote:
We have pretty recently, but failed at this one - I misdiagnosed this as the projectile itself as opposed to the importance of the wire piece.

We'll make missteps sometimes, but I want to crystallize our commitment to solving these in a really timely manner.
Will it have some sort of wirelike thing. I only ask because I feel that the normal wire on the skin would seem incongruous with the sleek modern look of the skin

ZetsubouFallen

03-04-2013

Guys, get over it.

Pulse Fire Ezreal had the same bug, freeelo wagon abused it for a long time till Riot get profits of it.

Morello

Lead Designer

03-04-2013
8 of 9 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyryck View Post
I'll edit this. I had a long post, but a friend pointed out and I agree: There's utterly no point in trying to converse with somebody who just reduces an issue to a misquoted "L2Pnoobs" instead of bothering to address the actual issue. I agree. No point in it. Change your skin if you want. As you pointed out, it's your game and you don't design by committee. I'll keep that in mind whenever my reactions to things are sought out by Riot.
Your concerns disparage players and claim it's their fault they can't see something that, by our standards, does not meet the bar for clear readability. Maybe that wasn't your intent, but that was your message.

My point is that I don't think players are the blame, but instead we need to correct a mistake we made. I think that's pretty simple.

Morello

Lead Designer

03-04-2013
9 of 9 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alice Twilight View Post
Will it have some sort of wirelike thing. I only ask because I feel that the normal wire on the skin would seem incongruous with the sleek modern look of the skin
Not a full wire, but something that shows the VFX off in a similar manner. We do want it to look cool and appropriate too (that balance sometimes being tougher to achieve!)

DreamsOfGrandeur

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-04-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by morello View Post
not a full wire, but something that shows the vfx off in a similar manner. We do want it to look cool and appropriate too (that balance sometimes being tougher to achieve!)
Laser string?!