iBlitzcrank isn't fair

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Morello

Lead Designer

03-04-2013
7 of 9 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by stochastic42 View Post
Thank you, a wise move would be to add to the skin design process a standard checklist where one of the points is "Does this animation give any significant advantages to the player including reducing visibility or delaying visibility" It's not near the only case of this happening.
We have pretty recently, but failed at this one - I misdiagnosed this as the projectile itself as opposed to the importance of the wire piece.

We'll make missteps sometimes, but I want to crystallize our commitment to solving these in a really timely manner.

CrimsonEliteKat

03-04-2013

hi morello

Stingers135

03-04-2013

I think something about Steel Legion Lux's autoattack animation should be done as well. It's faster than standard lux's animation, which gives you an unfair advantage over players that don't spend the money for the skin.

Jericho Hill

03-04-2013

A timely manner would be right now just fyi

Chamenas

03-04-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jericho Hill View Post
A timely manner would be right now just fyi
I'm feeling impatient with it too (especially in regards to Lux) but it's not a "right now" fix. It does take time for them to actually do iterations on the skin properly. However, a month plus might be a bit much.

>.>

Just saying.

Trollmaster Cryo

03-04-2013

In my opinion it isn't that hard to see but simply that it's hard to understand what it does at first. The first time I played against an iBlitz I was totally dumbfounded by his abilities and I was like "WTF when did Blitz have an AoE pass-through skillshot, OH **** THAT MIGHT BE HIS PULL!". Of course I figured that out too late as I had no time to dodge it. The next time I was confused yet again. The third time he tried to pull me, I was like "LAWL CAN'T HIT ME". I think the particle should be changed to make it easier to understand what it is doing.

Smackz

03-04-2013

Alright. So when will Justicar Syndra's Q be fixed so that you can see the radius of it before it explodes? This and Steel Legion Lux's Q have pissed me off since they've been released.

Fat Mchugelarge

03-04-2013

Someone got outplayed, so they going to the forums to complain about a skill that's already impossible to dodge even in Blitz's default skin.

Zerglinator

03-04-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morello View Post
I want to crystallize our commitment to solving these in a really timely manner.
Crystallize...has Anivia avatar...I see what he did there.

Killrazor

03-04-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trollmaster Cryo View Post
In my opinion it isn't that hard to see but simply that it's hard to understand what it does at first. The first time I played against an iBlitz I was totally dumbfounded by his abilities and I was like "WTF when did Blitz have an AoE pass-through skillshot, OH **** THAT MIGHT BE HIS PULL!". Of course I figured that out too late as I had no time to dodge it. The next time I was confused yet again. The third time he tried to pull me, I was like "LAWL CAN'T HIT ME". I think the particle should be changed to make it easier to understand what it is doing.
that is part of the issue, the other is that in a group or with minions around it gets easily lost, especially when fired from a brush.