iBlitzcrank isn't fair

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

the waterdog

03-04-2013

I don't understand why riot is missing these things that take 5 minutes of play to realize how bad it is. I told my friends ahead of time how terrible it was to face this blitzcrank and the lux skin. All I'm getting now are horror stories about this blitz skin.

Hell, its the same with the new blade of the ruined king or the old black cleaver. I play with them for 5 minutes and come back raving about how powerful they are and riot just misses it. Do they even take feedback from the PBE?

Disgruntler

03-04-2013

How the hell are you people NOT saying a bright white beam shooting from him that clashes and contrasts with the environement more than a drab brown fist? One that has BRIGHT WHITE CIRCLES behind it?

The trail on the projectile itself is larger and brighter than the old one! How are you NOT seeing this?

I mean... are you guys only using him on the winter summoner's rift map?

You need the CHAIN to see it? Isn't that too late?

Ramizy

03-04-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disgruntler View Post
How the hell are you people NOT saying a bright white beam shooting from him that clashes and contrasts with the environement more than a drab brown fist? One that has BRIGHT WHITE CIRCLES behind it?

The trail on the projectile itself is larger and brighter than the old one! How are you NOT seeing this?

I mean... are you guys only using him on the winter summoner's rift map?

You need the CHAIN to see it? Isn't that too late?
You've obviously never played against him

vekt0r

03-04-2013

I think that player's should learn to cope with what is given to them. It really isn't that hard to learn mechanics correctly. After reading all of the QQ posts, I have come to realize that they all need to just play draft and ban him and Lux for that matter to avoid all the issues.

ImYurpian

03-04-2013

Make the fist a bit bigger and put a small smoketrail where normally his arm would be

Bombkirby

03-04-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morello View Post
We actually did a lot to increase readability based on this, it just simply wasn't enough.
I do want to remind you that this MIGHT just be a bunch of people overreacting for multiple reasons.

1. This might just be everyone jumping on the mass hysteria train. Why do I say that? Because yesterday on Reddit, there was a thread with like 1000+ upvotes and comments where people were claiming that iBlitz's grab is faster than normal Blitz. They all agreed with each other and screamed and blamed Riot for this imbalance.

Later in the day someone posts a side by side video showing that they move at the same speed. The comments in THAT thread were a bunch of dumbfounded players with terrible excuses of why they think the video is fake and why iBlitz shoots his Q faster. And the other comments were people who angry at the community for all blindly believing something ridiculous without looking into the matter at all and grabbing their pitchforks and torches the moment someone falsely claims riot made the skin shoot Q faster.

2. People are claiming that the Q is "too hard to see". But as we all know, Blitz's rocket grab is a FAST skillshot. It shouldn't be dodged while its in mid-flight. There's simply not enough time to side step it.

On a side note I used the skin today and shot it at my opponent at botlane. They easily flashed out of it without using any silly excuses about it being too hard to see. I even have a replay (although lately they've been corrupted so it miiiight not be viewable). Bottom line is that its readable, and even if it becomes more readable, we shouldnt be attempting to dodge it midflight. You gotta preemtively dodge it by stopping short of its landing point, or moving erratically or hiding behind minions.

3. People do not like losing. They think up crazy excuses like "lag!!!" or "You picked an OP champ!" or "You counterpicked me!" (with a champ that doesnt come close to countering them) or the timeless classic "Its the JUNGLERS fault I lost!!!!". Many people here may be jumping the gun and are grasping for excuses, even if they are far fetched. I even saw someone on Reddit claim its too hard to see in the middle of a teamfight when YOUR allies "cover the hook" as its coming to you. Yes...covering the hook...which would grab your allies and not fly under or over them.

--------------------------------------------

I'm not saying don't make it more visible, by all means make it brighter and cooler looking, just don't butcher it, and take your time with these things! A lot of "issues" like these are simply gotten used to or stop being complained about after a day or two because of mass hysteria that people like to start.

Morello

Lead Designer

03-04-2013
5 of 9 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bombkirby View Post
I do want to remind you that this MIGHT just be a bunch of people overreacting for multiple reasons.

1. This might just be everyone jumping on the mass hysteria train. Why do I say that? Because yesterday on Reddit, there was a thread with like 1000+ upvotes and comments where people were claiming that iBlitz's grab is faster than normal Blitz. They all agreed with each other and screamed and blamed Riot for this imbalance.

Later in the day someone posts a side by side video showing that they move at the same speed. The comments in THAT thread were a bunch of dumbfounded players with terrible excuses of why they think the video is fake and why iBlitz shoots his Q faster. And the other comments were people who angry at the community for all blindly believing something ridiculous without looking into the matter at all and grabbing their pitchforks and torches the moment someone falsely claims riot made the skin shoot Q faster.

2. People are claiming that the Q is "too hard to see". But as we all know, Blitz's rocket grab is a FAST skillshot. It shouldn't be dodged while its in mid-flight. There's simply not enough time to side step it.

On a side note I used the skin today and shot it at my opponent at botlane. They easily flashed out of it without using any silly excuses about it being too hard to see. I even have a replay (although lately they've been corrupted so it miiiight not be viewable). Bottom line is that its readable, and even if it becomes more readable, we shouldnt be attempting to dodge it midflight. You gotta preemtively dodge it by stopping short of its landing point, or moving erratically or hiding behind minions.

3. People do not like losing. They think up crazy excuses like "lag!!!" or "You picked an OP champ!" or "You counterpicked me!" (with a champ that doesnt come close to countering them) or the timeless classic "Its the JUNGLERS fault I lost!!!!". Many people here may be jumping the gun and are grasping for excuses, even if they are far fetched. I even saw someone on Reddit claim its too hard to see in the middle of a teamfight when YOUR allies "cover the hook" as its coming to you. Yes...covering the hook...which would grab your allies and not fly under or over them.

I'm not saying don't make it more visible, by all means make it brighter and cooler looking, just don't butcher it, and take your time with these things! A lot of "issues" like these are simply gotten used to or stop being complained about after a day or two because of mass hysteria that people like to start.
Complaints or otherwise, this skin violates principles we have for having a clear and readable game. Even if no one noticed, I think the insidious effect over the long-term is clear, too.

TempestAero1

03-04-2013

I think that guy above doesn't want the change to happen to Blitz since he owns the skin
(The guy whom Morello quoted)

Gorsz

03-04-2013

Quote:

Um... so its balanced because your ONE opponent flashed in botlane and your one opponent didnt complain so its fine...not even a team fight where most people are complaining.

You're bias for using the skin. Let the pros/devs deal with this, thanks.

Jezzumz

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-04-2013

Quote:

Skillshots are meant to be dodgeable, thats why they're SKILLshots not just targeted shots, I think that a blitzcrank grab should by all means be dodgeable by sidestepping it just requires a quick reaction from the player getting grabbed and in my honest opinion I think that iBlitzcranks pull is a little harder to see,

The original blitzcrank pull is easy to see becase you can see the wire attached to his hand which enables you to roughly gauge the direction the arm is going as well as being able to roughly calculate how far it will go based on the length of the wire (for me anyways),

The new skin is hard to read as there no distinct visual that shows iblitz's grab except for some small circles and his hand which is easy to lose focus on especially in arams and such where there are multiple skillshots and abilities and stuff happening at once on screen.