iBlitzcrank isn't fair

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Lord eXecutor

03-04-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morello View Post
We'll fix this too, but it's less egregious overall than iBlitz's Q. But this is the other example that stands out.
What is the PBE for ? A lot of players detected those massive flaws about iBlitz's Q and Lux Skin , multiple thread + reddit .... And I also wonder about your balance team ... we had League of black cleavers, league of warmogs, league of botrk .... what is next ? when will it stop ? Will S3 balance be like GW1 ?

ChocoKelly

03-04-2013

Quote:
We'll fix this too, but it's less egregious overall than iBlitz's Q. But this is the other example that stands out.
Thanks GOD.

Cry1

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-04-2013

While you're at it, can you change his gait? It's way too similar to Volibear. Someone who has never seen the skin before will get confused (or at least I did). The shape of his body and the animations are way too close to Volibear.

DraegonSpawn

03-04-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cry1 View Post
While you're at it, can you change his gait? It's way too similar to Volibear. Someone who has never seen the skin before will get confused (or at least I did). The shape of his body and the animations are way too close to Volibear.
Ok that one is just being picky dude...Seriously HE WALKS LIKE SOMEONE ELSE!!!
The Human walk like humans...nuff said.

On the Hookshot, it is a whole lot harder to see. Just magnify the strength of that blue line, and we should be good.

And because it is mentioned a lot here I think the Steal Legion Lux's spells are harder to see as well, but not to a problematic level.

Gh0st NeMesiS

03-04-2013

Quote:
We'll be fixing this and agree - this skin is too hard to read. I don't have a date, but it's a priority and we will get it ASAP.

My bad on not being diligent enough on this one.
As I can appreciate your initiative to do something to fix a character, I frown upon the point of fixing something that isn't broken. Since everyone is entitled to their opinion than I suppose I shall share mine as well.

Everyone who complains about it obviously doesn't know about positioning or playing against a blitz. I understand the animations may be different than before.. but who cares? You are telling me that for the rest of Riot's existence you will forever be bound to just "re-skinning" and not changing the looks of skills, how they show up etc.? That to me sounds very boring, and unimaginative.

I have played since LoL was in beta, and look how far everything has come.. I urge you not to take a step backward because a thread of maybe 100 different people (Out of millions) say "Wahhh wahh I keep getting owned by a Blitz because he doesn't have a magical chain linked to his grab, wahhh I can't see it, wahhhh it sounds different, wahhh wahhh."

If this is a thread about changing unfair advantages of character animations, get your pen and paper ready Morello:

1. Nidalee - I want her spear animation to show up in the fog of war. I don't think it is fair that I can't see it coming. I want her to be changed so that I can see it leave her hand. She needs to be highlighted with a vine that is connected to the spear. This way I know which way to dodge. I don't want to have to hide behind minions so it doesn't hit me. Please remake this character so that it is more fair for everyone.

2. Veigar - I think that Dark Matter should be changed. Even though their is a dark spot on the ground I want a pillar of lite to show exactly where it falls from to the point of impact. I think it is unfair that I can not see where it comes from. In fact, when he casts this spell I think that my character should glow an immediate red, with the words "BRACE FOR IMPACT" across the whole screen (the words need to be at about 60% opacity though, so I can see the battlefield). To me he has an unfair advantage on 4 of his skins. This needs to change right away.

3. Annie - Especially her new Panda skin. With her passive Pyromania, I can barely see it! I mean their are wisps of what looks like wind circling her, but I have to stare REALLY REALLY hard to notice it. Instead of the wisps, I want the words "STUN IS UP" to circle around her and she has to make a sound like a truck backing up when it is ready, you know the "BEEP....BEEP....BEEP....BEEP" noise. To me that is such an unfair advantage, I mean jesus WHAT WERE YOU THINKING!

4. Rengar - He shouldn't be able to stealth. I mean he can stealth, but he has to be outlined in a sparkly blue, so you can see his outline. I don't want to buy pink wards to identify him, ever. I think him being able to stealth and two shot people is an unfair advantage. Please advise.

I can go on and on and on about everything that has to do with "unfair advantages". This game revolves around skill shots, having fun, getting lucky, building, and intelligence. (Some of these I fear the community lacks), but if you break down and start fixing things that aren't broken then where does it end?

I respect peoples opinion and how they feel. I get it, you got owned by the new blitzcrank skin because he rocket grab is new. Sorry, I feel for you. Good thing he is banned in about 60% of all games, unless you play blind pick, which in that case... why are you complaining? It is blind pick for christ sake...

I don't expect you to fix anything cosmetic in the game (stat balances, ratios, item issues etc of course, as new characters come, things must be balanced and tweaked), however if the designers/coders say that blitz's grab is not faster, or longer then what changes anything? Because you can't see it? Come on people, be realistic and get over yourselves.

I personally love playing against a blitz, I don't fear his pull or his knock-up. I don't care about lux's Steel Legion animations being different and "hard to see". Or Blitz's SUPER NEW ROCKET GRAB, I can't wait to play him Morello apparently, from what I hear it is invisible and reaches to podium if you position right!

TL;DR I wouldn't change anything about blitz's animation or anything else. If you want to start a project, make a new Player vs. AI, and call it "I get owned by this character and QQ on forums".

I look forward to all the witty responses ahead.

mwarme

03-04-2013

Quote:
Does live testing playtest skins? Like EVER? Just curious, because PBE'rs knew about the skins being broken WELL in advance of release.... just sayin'.

vekt0r

03-04-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by gh0st nemesis View Post
as i can appreciate your initiative to do something to fix a character, i frown upon the point of fixing something that isn't broken. Since everyone is entitled to their opinion than i suppose i shall share mine as well.

Everyone who complains about it obviously doesn't know about positioning or playing against a blitz. I understand the animations may be different than before.. But who cares? You are telling me that for the rest of riot's existence you will forever be bound to just "re-skinning" and not changing the looks of skills, how they show up etc.? That to me sounds very boring, and unimaginative.

I have played since lol was in beta, and look how far everything has come.. I urge you not to take a step backward because a thread of maybe 100 different people (out of millions) say "wahhh wahh i keep getting owned by a blitz because he doesn't have a magical chain linked to his grab, wahhh i can't see it, wahhhh it sounds different, wahhh wahhh."

if this is a thread about changing unfair advantages of character animations, get your pen and paper ready morello:

1. Nidalee - i want her spear animation to show up in the fog of war. I don't think it is fair that i can't see it coming. I want her to be changed so that i can see it leave her hand. She needs to be highlighted with a vine that is connected to the spear. This way i know which way to dodge. I don't want to have to hide behind minions so it doesn't hit me. Please remake this character so that it is more fair for everyone.

2. Veigar - i think that dark matter should be changed. Even though their is a dark spot on the ground i want a pillar of lite to show exactly where it falls from to the point of impact. I think it is unfair that i can not see where it comes from. In fact, when he casts this spell i think that my character should glow an immediate red, with the words "brace for impact" across the whole screen (the words need to be at about 60% opacity though, so i can see the battlefield). To me he has an unfair advantage on 4 of his skins. This needs to change right away.

3. Annie - especially her new panda skin. With her passive pyromania, i can barely see it! I mean their are wisps of what looks like wind circling her, but i have to stare really really hard to notice it. Instead of the wisps, i want the words "stun is up" to circle around her and she has to make a sound like a truck backing up when it is ready, you know the "beep....beep....beep....beep" noise. To me that is such an unfair advantage, i mean jesus what were you thinking!

4. Rengar - he shouldn't be able to stealth. I mean he can stealth, but he has to be outlined in a sparkly blue, so you can see his outline. I don't want to buy pink wards to identify him, ever. I think him being able to stealth and two shot people is an unfair advantage. Please advise.

I can go on and on and on about everything that has to do with "unfair advantages". This game revolves around skill shots, having fun, getting lucky, building, and intelligence. (some of these i fear the community lacks), but if you break down and start fixing things that aren't broken then where does it end?

I respect peoples opinion and how they feel. I get it, you got owned by the new blitzcrank skin because he rocket grab is new. Sorry, i feel for you. Good thing he is banned in about 60% of all games, unless you play blind pick, which in that case... Why are you complaining? It is blind pick for christ sake...

I don't expect you to fix anything cosmetic in the game (stat balances, ratios, item issues etc of course, as new characters come, things must be balanced and tweaked), however if the designers/coders say that blitz's grab is not faster, or longer then what changes anything? Because you can't see it? Come on people, be realistic and get over yourselves.

I personally love playing against a blitz, i don't fear his pull or his knock-up. I don't care about lux's steel legion animations being different and "hard to see". Or blitz's super new rocket grab, i can't wait to play him morello apparently, from what i hear it is invisible and reaches to podium if you position right!

Tl;dr i wouldn't change anything about blitz's animation or anything else. If you want to start a project, make a new player vs. Ai, and call it "i get owned by this character and qq on forums".

amen.

mwarme

03-04-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gh0st NeMesiS View Post
As I can appreciate your initiative to do something to fix a character, I frown upon the point of fixing something that isn't broken. Since everyone is entitled to their opinion than I suppose I shall share mine as well.

Everyone who complains about it obviously doesn't know about positioning or playing against a blitz. I understand the animations may be different than before.. but who cares? You are telling me that for the rest of Riot's existence you will forever be bound to just "re-skinning" and not changing the looks of skills, how they show up etc.? That to me sounds very boring, and unimaginative.

I have played since LoL was in beta, and look how far everything has come.. I urge you not to take a step backward because a thread of maybe 100 different people (Out of millions) say "Wahhh wahh I keep getting owned by a Blitz because he doesn't have a magical chain linked to his grab, wahhh I can't see it, wahhhh it sounds different, wahhh wahhh."

If this is a thread about changing unfair advantages of character animations, get your pen and paper ready Morello:

1. Nidalee - I want her spear animation to show up in the fog of war. I don't think it is fair that I can't see it coming. I want her to be changed so that I can see it leave her hand. She needs to be highlighted with a vine that is connected to the spear. This way I know which way to dodge. I don't want to have to hide behind minions so it doesn't hit me. Please remake this character so that it is more fair for everyone.

2. Veigar - I think that Dark Matter should be changed. Even though their is a dark spot on the ground I want a pillar of lite to show exactly where it falls from to the point of impact. I think it is unfair that I can not see where it comes from. In fact, when he casts this spell I think that my character should glow an immediate red, with the words "BRACE FOR IMPACT" across the whole screen (the words need to be at about 60% opacity though, so I can see the battlefield). To me he has an unfair advantage on 4 of his skins. This needs to change right away.

3. Annie - Especially her new Panda skin. With her passive Pyromania, I can barely see it! I mean their are wisps of what looks like wind circling her, but I have to stare REALLY REALLY hard to notice it. Instead of the wisps, I want the words "STUN IS UP" to circle around her and she has to make a sound like a truck backing up when it is ready, you know the "BEEP....BEEP....BEEP....BEEP" noise. To me that is such an unfair advantage, I mean jesus WHAT WERE YOU THINKING!

4. Rengar - He shouldn't be able to stealth. I mean he can stealth, but he has to be outlined in a sparkly blue, so you can see his outline. I don't want to buy pink wards to identify him, ever. I think him being able to stealth and two shot people is an unfair advantage. Please advise.

I can go on and on and on about everything that has to do with "unfair advantages". This game revolves around skill shots, having fun, getting lucky, building, and intelligence. (Some of these I fear the community lacks), but if you break down and start fixing things that aren't broken then where does it end?

I respect peoples opinion and how they feel. I get it, you got owned by the new blitzcrank skin because he rocket grab is new. Sorry, I feel for you. Good thing he is banned in about 60% of all games, unless you play blind pick, which in that case... why are you complaining? It is blind pick for christ sake...

I personally love playing against a blitz, I don't fear his pull or his knock-up. I don't care about lux's Steel Legion animations being different and "hard to see". Or Blitz's SUPER NEW ROCKET GRAB, I can't wait to play him Morello apparently, from what I hear it is invisible and reaches to podium if you position right!

TL;DR I wouldn't change anything about blitz's animation or anything else. If you want to start a project, make a new Player vs. AI, and call it "I get owned by this character and QQ on forums".

While I agree with the point of your post, I do (as someone who loves to not ban blitz and let the enemy team have him) want to point out that the difference between a blitz pull and a nidalee spear is that the hook travels faster and has a much more deadly impact early on in the game. Also, if you didn't notice, the iblitzcrank skin doesn't really have a "character" animation when the hook fires, just the hook launching, similar to pitlover customs blitzcrank. With thresh and most blitz skins, I can dodge the pulls in reaction to the character animation before the pull happens. With pitlover customs, it's a tad harder but you can see the angle from the chain and make it out/flash out(if taric flash into) the grab in time. iblitz has neither of those and so it makes it a tad harder to react to the pull, assuming the iblitz player is good enough to actually set up a pull in the first place. Minions OP as always.

hawkraider

03-04-2013

Quote:
We'll be fixing this and agree - this skin is too hard to read. I don't have a date, but it's a priority and we will get it ASAP.

My bad on not being diligent enough on this one.
when you fix it PLEASE for the love of god

make the pull a tractor beam

this was a missed opportunity with the first version of the pull. fix it now

Gh0st NeMesiS

03-04-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwarme View Post
While I agree with the point of your post, I do (as someone who loves to not ban blitz and let the enemy team have him) want to point out that the difference between a blitz pull and a nidalee spear is that the hook travels faster and has a much more deadly impact early on in the game. Also, if you didn't notice, the iblitzcrank skin doesn't really have a "character" animation when the hook fires, just the hook launching, similar to pitlover customs blitzcrank. With thresh and most blitz skins, I can dodge the pulls in reaction to the character animation before the pull happens. With pitlover customs, it's a tad harder but you can see the angle from the chain and make it out/flash out(if taric flash into) the grab in time. iblitz has neither of those and so it makes it a tad harder to react to the pull, assuming the iblitz player is good enough to actually set up a pull in the first place. Minions OP as always.
Respectable and something that I totally agree with, (I am unsure if you caught whether I was being sarcastic about the character changes, and I am aware of the purpose of the spears etc.)

However, my point is that I can identify and predict almost 80% of the time when a blitz is going to make a pull (of course if he is hidden, or in fog etc. but then even if he was regular blitz you wouldn't be able to see that either). As I can appreciate that "animation" of it, it is still identifiable to me, I still notice it, and still have zero issue with it.

The general point of my post was that a lot of characters have things that "Should" be changed, but why all of the sudden an instant reversal from the developers on something that is "bothering the community" or is "too OP"