@Lyte: If you receive a warning email, are you already doomed to suspension?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Yousonerfed

03-03-2013

I sure hope not.

Lyte

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Lead Social Systems Designer

Follow RiotLyte on Twitter

03-03-2013
1 of 2 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yousogreat View Post
I sure hope not.
No.

At one point over half of the players that got the warning e-mail never got any more punishments.

Maruku

03-03-2013

I never got an email, To this day I still don't know what I was perm banned for.

Oh well. But the chances of getting an email are pretty slim.

Spitsonpuppies

03-03-2013

At one point? So the warnings aren't doing as much anymore?

OneVendetta

03-03-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyte View Post
No.

At one point over half of the players that got the warning e-mail never got any more punishments.
Heaven doesn't seem far away.

Sancille

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-03-2013

the question i have is say you get a warning or even a time ban, will existing cases on your account be dismissed? what i mean is if you were to be punished would future punishments be based on your behavior after the e-mail / time ban or could you be banned again because of older pre-punishment cases?

Lyte

Lead Social Systems Designer

Follow RiotLyte on Twitter

03-03-2013
2 of 2 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sancille View Post
the question i have is say you get a warning or even a time ban, will existing cases on your account be dismissed? what i mean is if you were to be punished would future punishments be based on your behavior after the e-mail / time ban or could you be banned again because of older pre-punishment cases?
Subsequent bans are always based on the behaviors after the last punishment.

So if you were warned on Jan 1st, the next punishment would only consider games played after Jan 1st.

Maruku

03-03-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sancille View Post
People like to downvote me but no.

From past experience, I didn't play for 2 months came back and got perm banned, lol. I dont think they ever go away.

Skilliard

03-03-2013

I was warned and banned twice, then I started playing 5 bot games after every game I think I was reported.

Never been banned since.

If you're afraid you'll get banned, just play bot games between games you think you were reported, assuming you don't act up in bot games you will have a low report/game ratio, and will never be banned

Sancille

03-03-2013

Thanks Lyte i always wondered!