Isn't Rengar a little bit too weak?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

thebloody7

03-03-2013

buff rengar we are the player and we ask it why dont u just do it ...

2 Swainz

03-03-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xelnath View Post
*deep breath*

Rengar, when winning, is extremely hard to deal with. He has free sustain, tons of damage and ton of survivability. I speak as a rengar top player that he's incredibly snowbally, much like classic riven. I say "when he gets the first kill" because he has the toolkit early game to do just that easily.

I find him viable top and I have a lot of fun playing him in that role. I win most of games when my jungler gets me the first kill. I lose games when I get bullied out.

Could he use some love? Perhaps. However, as a Rengar player, I find him fun, ambushy and super risky. Adding too much baseline power only would make him incredibly frustrating.

You've basically said twice in a row now "if you're winning, he's good" which applies to mostly every champ. Our point is that it's hard to win with him, he's pretty weak atm.

best euro NA

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-03-2013

Also would like to add that there is something broken in Rengars kit, i'm not going to reveal it as he will get nerfed but its in there. If it wasn't for it Rengar would probably be completely useless.

Digital Ocean

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-03-2013

idk why everyone is complaining bout him in the jungle. i run flat ad with armor and i have no issues clearing, just the only time i find myself in a jam is when i finish out with blue buff.other then that i find everything just fine. ganking wise is always iffy with any jungler but thats when knowing if where your going is warded or not. just find the opportunity.

ChocoKelly

03-03-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by RadiantWings View Post
It's very, very easy to tell when Rengar is going to ult you. He jumps at you, chunks you to 50%, then suddenly prioritizes going off screen? Most of the time, I just activate R while I'm fighting and have it go off as his Q steroid ends. Going back gives too much time to react and possibly make you waste your ult which you can't afford to waste (140 second cooldown? Seriously?)

Maxing E is good vs. people you know you can zone, but for others it's not going to do much since the slow doesn't improve much per level. Most of the time, you'd be able to zone them by baiting their burst into a maxed W and run by slowing them after they dash/CC you.

The worst thing about maxing E, is that if the enemy is really sticky (like Irelia or Xin), you have to have an empowered E up to be able to get away, but that uses up your sustain while they have passive sustain on other sources, meaning they will ALWAYS come out on top.

Also, his first blood and snowball ability were neutered a long time ago. Remember double jump Rengar? That was so incredibly fun that I just feel like Rengar's missing a part of his soul without it, much like how Alistar doesn't function nearly as well without knowing his headbutt->pulverize combo.

Maybe it can return as part of bonetooth? That way it doesn't get out of hand early game, but still allows him to counter-zone those freaking annoying ranged top champions like Teemo/Jayce/Elise while maintaing relatively poor dueling capabilities vs. other common tops.
Double jump was fun but broken. Its just was a bug and fix'd.

Xelnath

Systems Designer

03-03-2013
16 of 16 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by RentalDeception View Post
You've basically said twice in a row now "if you're winning, he's good" which applies to mostly every champ. Our point is that it's hard to win with him, he's pretty weak atm.
Look, I get it, you feel that I'm being dismissive of your feelings.

On the contrary, I feel the same way and my insights don't mean he won't get attention someday. I've started playing this champ a lot. Success is not easily attained, but when it is, you deserve it.

I am personally opposed to "stat-stick" champions, ala Darius, Garen, Irelia, Maybe J4. People love them because they can zone-out and win lanes by ignoring everything. Rengar's a different breed - he has to work for his kill and can't engage directly.

While I agree he's weaker without sharp play and opportunism behind him, he snowballs hard. I think the perception of Rengar being weak is more severe than the reality. When I got a decent amount of damage, I absolutely shred ADC players.

In my last few games, I destroyed Ezreal in seconds. I would have felt bad... if he wasn't ... ya know... Ezreal.

HowToDunk

03-03-2013

ive won 9 straight actually carrying with rengar

get your mechanics up s0n

HowToDunk

03-03-2013

and not that i wouldnt LIKE to see a rengar buff.. like his heal nerf really did hurt him

its not necessary to win lane.. its all in how u play the champion

tbh i cant say theres one champ i feel that honestly can handle how he bursts besides lee sin..

Max E..
GG

Alice Twilight

03-03-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xelnath View Post

In my last few games, I destroyed Ezreal in seconds. I would have felt bad... if he wasn't ... ya know... Ezreal.
That's really mean, Ezreal works really hard to give us fun champions to play.

Saintshing

03-03-2013

seriously if you think rengar is weak, watch this
http://www.twitch.tv/dekar173/videos...ast_broadcasts

to people who say '"if you're winning, he's good" which applies to mostly every champ'
this is not entirely accurate
some champs do not need to snowball to win, they have better late game and just need to farm,
and not every champ snowballs as hard when he gets a fb