Isn't Rengar a little bit too weak?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

DannyIzSik

03-03-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burizar View Post
more like a "poke"

1. 99.99% people don't max it first, they just get 1 point for the slow and max it second. So it will do little damage until you get to lvl 12,13

2. Around level 12, it will do around 300 physical damage, after reduction and stuff, it will only do 165 damage. Only around 10% of the ADC HP, and like 5% of the tank HP

So yeah.
I'm the 1%.....feels good man

Jericho Hill

03-03-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xelnath View Post
You should try maxing it first in lane.

It lets you whittle down the enemy until eventually, you can leap onto them and burst them down with Q + Ult + Q

so your plan for winning with rengar is to get to lvl 6 and then get "first blood"?

what about the other 99% of games?

ChocoKelly

03-03-2013

Quote:
You should try maxing it first in lane.

It lets you whittle down the enemy until eventually, you can leap onto them and burst them down with Q + Ult + Q
My ult delayed i cant did it, thoughts?

Xelnath

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Systems Designer

03-03-2013
15 of 16 Riot Posts

Hmm? Nah, I usually get first blood at level 2 when I get Q. I use level 1 to whittle them down.

I have no idea why you think you need level 6.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChocoKelly View Post
My ult delayed i cant did it, thoughts?
You're just being silly for effect. Fake going b. Ult. Burst.

ChocoKelly

03-03-2013

Quote:
Hmm? Nah, I usually get first blood at level 2 when I get Q. I use level 1 to whittle them down.

I have no idea why you think you need level 6.

You're just being silly for effect. Fake going b. Ult. Burst.
Well, we know all stealth is so broken, however he already got high cooldown on rank 1 ult, its really shouldnt delay...

CynicalGiant

03-03-2013

I have literally never thought of maxing his E, heck I mostly ignore it. Maybe I shouldn't ignore it. It just never seemed like it really did anything. I always felt like I had to max W to be able to trade and have resists.

RadiantWings

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-03-2013

It's very, very easy to tell when Rengar is going to ult you. He jumps at you, chunks you to 50%, then suddenly prioritizes going off screen? Most of the time, I just activate R while I'm fighting and have it go off as his Q steroid ends. Going back gives too much time to react and possibly make you waste your ult which you can't afford to waste (140 second cooldown? Seriously?)

Maxing E is good vs. people you know you can zone, but for others it's not going to do much since the slow doesn't improve much per level. Most of the time, you'd be able to zone them by baiting their burst into a maxed W and run by slowing them after they dash/CC you.

The worst thing about maxing E, is that if the enemy is really sticky (like Irelia or Xin), you have to have an empowered E up to be able to get away, but that uses up your sustain while they have passive sustain on other sources, meaning they will ALWAYS come out on top.

Also, his first blood and snowball ability were neutered a long time ago. Remember double jump Rengar? That was so incredibly fun that I just feel like Rengar's missing a part of his soul without it, much like how Alistar doesn't function nearly as well without knowing his headbutt->pulverize combo.

Maybe it can return as part of bonetooth? That way it doesn't get out of hand early game, but still allows him to counter-zone those freaking annoying ranged top champions like Teemo/Jayce/Elise while maintaing relatively poor dueling capabilities vs. other common tops.

Echous

03-03-2013

Quote:
If you get the first kill, he's incredibly strong.

Are you really pulling a card like this as a red?

I feel like you need some lashings or spankings or something now.

Its First Blood, EVERYONE is strong with First Blood!

GG worlds going to end Riot reds talking about first kills making Champions stronk.

TommiTommi

03-03-2013

rengar is weak in the jungle , i dont understand why every time riot make a jungle champ ends up top, and yet they have to nerf him/her to a point that they cant even jungle effectively.

and due to the change in the jungle, alot of good junglers in season 2 actually cannot jungle well in season 3. ( shyvana *cough* *cough* )

i wonder how would the next jungle champ look like ( inb4 end up OP at top and get nerf to the ground.)

best euro NA

03-03-2013

Rengar actually has a very crappy kit

The only way to balance him is numbers, make the numbers too high and he is op, make them too low and he is up.

He definitely needs some tweaks, he got one already.. remember his W used to essentially freeze Rengar?