Isn't Rengar a little bit too weak?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Shemsuh0r

03-03-2013

His jungle is still dece. Impossible to predict ganks after level 6.

ChaosBloodterfly

03-03-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCIX View Post
Q max is generally best because he desperately needs the CD and AS bonuses on it as fast as possible to trade better.
The defense from W or the range and CC of E are also really good for trading. Plus they have longer CDs than Q, and it's best not to trade when not all of your abilities are up, so the CD decrease is more noticeable and useful on those skills. You're generally not going to cast Q twice during a trade. That and top laners are really difficult to stick to, so you're not really gonna get the full benefit of AS usually.

Wero34

03-03-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaosBloodterfly View Post
The defense from W or the range and CC of E are also really good for trading. Plus they have longer CDs than Q, and it's best not to trade when not all of your abilities are up, so the CD decrease is more noticeable and useful on those skills. You're generally not going to cast Q twice during a trade. That and top laners are really difficult to stick to, so you're not really gonna get the full benefit of AS usually.
His E isnt good for trades, his Q or W does, your E is for engage/dis-engage.Maxing E first didnt improve rengar in a duel, specialy vs gaps champions like irelia, lee or vi.

Saintshing

03-03-2013

i used to think rengar is weak after the nerf, and then i watched dekar173/judgedreadnaught play rengar top and changed my mind

Darklarik

03-03-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xelnath View Post
Bonetooth Necklace:

+5 dmg : ~200 gold
+25 dmg @ Level 10: 1000 gold.

In terms of gold efficiency, Bonetooth necklace is an amazing item for its cost once you are beyond level 8.

If you get *any* bonus on Rengar beyond that, you're getting those stats for basically free. In terms of gold efficiency, that's 1640 gold worth of stats for the price of 800. In terms of late game slot-efficiency, its equal to 41 dmg in one slot. Not horrible, but not bad.

Stack up a couple bonuses and its a solid item.
Its still a bad item for late late game. I sometimes even sell it because it just dosent live up to the more high damaging alternatives.

Couldent they just increase the stack count and add more rewards? like a flat 10 AD at 12 stacks? or some additional CDR and Arm Pen at like 16 stacks? and maybe a new speacial reward at 20 stacks?

Burizar

03-03-2013

Quote:
Yep. A zero-cost, ranged nuke with a snare.
more like a "poke"

1. 99.99% people don't max it first, they just get 1 point for the slow and max it second. So it will do little damage until you get to lvl 12,13

2. Around level 12, it will do around 300 physical damage, after reduction and stuff, it will only do 165 damage. Only around 10% of the ADC HP, and like 5% of the tank HP

So yeah.

Frychikn

03-03-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wil Kil 4 Food View Post
I agree with this guy.
and mr bronze 5(you) does?

Dreamspitter

Recruiter

03-03-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow Master View Post
I smell theorycrafting.

Rengar's range isn't large enough to jump on someone at the other side of the lane, so all the enemy laners have to do is stand on the other side of the lane and farm, while Rengar sits and wastes time.

That's kind of his whole counter... being on the other side of the lane from the bushes.
But that puts them closest, and zones them nearer to jungle brush.

Sets them up for gank?

Xelnath

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Systems Designer

03-03-2013
14 of 16 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burizar View Post
more like a "poke"

1. 99.99% people don't max it first, they just get 1 point for the slow and max it second. So it will do little damage until you get to lvl 12,13

2. Around level 12, it will do around 300 physical damage, after reduction and stuff, it will only do 165 damage. Only around 10% of the ADC HP, and like 5% of the tank HP

So yeah.
You should try maxing it first in lane.

It lets you whittle down the enemy until eventually, you can leap onto them and burst them down with Q + Ult + Q

Darklarik

03-03-2013

Quote:
You should try maxing it first in lane.

It lets you whittle down the enemy until eventually, you can leap onto them and burst them down with Q + Ult + Q
I did. It worked against a teemo. But against tankier champions like Volibear its an in-lane death sentence.