Isn't Rengar a little bit too weak?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Cage Aniron

03-02-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by KetiaX View Post
As a lane Rengar, you're not supposed to stick on a target. All you need to do is get into brush, jump on the enemy champion, nuke them, walk back to brush, repeat until they're forced to back out to base. If they don't, then you can just straight out kill them.
Well that wasnt my point as ive said i lane him alot, and that doesnt always work to just keep jumping out of bush, you have to slow them or push them back with a stun thats longer it would give him something to fall back on instead of the bush jump every time,

NotBuzzJack

03-03-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beauneaux View Post
did you just call his E a nuke?
60 / 105 / 150 / 195 / 240 (+ 70% Bonus AD) Physical damage

Doesn't matter how you look at it, that's a nuke.

karabol13

03-03-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xelnath View Post
Yep. A zero-cost, ranged nuke with a snare.
Have you considered making his Bonetooth Necklace being actually good item to buy as Rengar?Personally i buy other items instead..It just doesnt feel that rewarding

Nocturnes

03-03-2013

Yo Xelnath, how about reading this first before making any comments regarding Rengar: http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=3061792

Xelnath

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Systems Designer

03-03-2013
13 of 16 Riot Posts

Bonetooth Necklace:

+5 dmg : ~200 gold
+25 dmg @ Level 10: 1000 gold.

In terms of gold efficiency, Bonetooth necklace is an amazing item for its cost once you are beyond level 8.

If you get *any* bonus on Rengar beyond that, you're getting those stats for basically free. In terms of gold efficiency, that's 1640 gold worth of stats for the price of 800. In terms of late game slot-efficiency, its equal to 41 dmg in one slot. Not horrible, but not bad.

Stack up a couple bonuses and its a solid item.

Killrazor

03-03-2013

i just wish his ult wasn't on such a long ass cooldown, and the delay for going stealth was not so long. The nerf to his ult really hurt his game. That and the nerf to bonetooth. Still a bad item, as it delays getting a major item. statswise it is nice, but there are better options.

Falleth

03-03-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotBuzzJack View Post
60 / 105 / 150 / 195 / 240 (+ 70% Bonus AD) Physical damage

Doesn't matter how you look at it, that's a nuke.
Yeah, because you will max it in lane, sure, right.

Aphoristic

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-03-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falleth View Post
Yeah, because you will max it in lane, sure, right.
Have you actually tried maxing it first? It's by far the most effective choice assuming you do not want the wave clear W offers sooner.

Redeemed In Fire

03-03-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xelnath View Post
Bonetooth Necklace:

+5 dmg : ~200 gold
+25 dmg @ Level 10: 1000 gold.

In terms of gold efficiency, Bonetooth necklace is an amazing item for its cost once you are beyond level 8.

If you get *any* bonus on Rengar beyond that, you're getting those stats for basically free. In terms of gold efficiency, that's 1640 gold worth of stats for the price of 800. In terms of late game slot-efficiency, its equal to 41 dmg in one slot. Not horrible, but not bad.

Stack up a couple bonuses and its a solid item.
In theory. In parctice, he'd rather use that slot for almost any other non component item after midgame, simply because 2k in stats sucks when its +a bit of MS, +some AD, + a bit of arpen, +a bit of CDR, + a bit of jump range, ...

That trick only works when you pack 4-5k worth of stats on one item, so that the individual bonuses are of useful size (if small).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aphoristic View Post
Have you actually tried maxing it first? It's by far the most effective choice assuming you do not want the wave clear W offers sooner.
Q max is generally best because he desperately needs the CD and AS bonuses on it as fast as possible to trade better.

lAmTurtle

03-03-2013

When going Rengar top against someone without a gap closer, I tend to max my E first. Boy was I surprised when I went mid after 15 mins, fury Bola'd the enemy Orianna, followed by a normal Bola, and chunked half her health. O.o