Isn't Rengar a little bit too weak?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Beauneaux

03-03-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xelnath View Post
Don't forget to factor in that after he jumps to a minion, he can immediate use his E Bola to do ranged harass. So not only does he have that range, he can do ranged nuke harass from even further if minions are around.
did you just call his E a nuke?

Cage Aniron

03-03-2013

I solo top with Rengar alot, and I feel he is weaker then he should be but i dont think he is useless, you do have to snowball early or it gets harder for you to do much mid/late game, But i enjoy him never the less.

Xelnath

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Systems Designer

03-03-2013
12 of 16 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beauneaux View Post
did you just call his E a nuke?
Yep. A zero-cost, ranged nuke with a snare.

Bungboy

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-03-2013

Quote:
Oh yeah, you can max E against Irelia/Jax/Panth/Fiora in top lane. It's a much better choice than maxing Q.

KetiaX

03-03-2013

Quote:
Depending on who you're casting it at, it would be really useless and it's better saving it to escape jungle ganks (of course I'm talking about Rengar's top lane)

It's probably has been said before in the thread, but can you consider a buff to jungle Rengar that doesn't affect top lane Rengar? Like a Fear to neutral minions or damage reduction every time Rengar hits them with W, or something of sort.

PG Bob Chen

Senior Recruiter

03-03-2013

If they plan on reworking his kit so its not as broken as it was before he was nerfed hard then sure otherwise balancing him is extremely hard to do because before his first nerfs he was able to 2 shot tanks. No one wants to deal with that.

AIexanderNW

03-03-2013

Quote:
Don't forget to factor in that after he jumps to a minion, he can immediate use his E Bola to do ranged harass. So not only does he have that range, he can do ranged nuke harass from even further if minions are around.
thats a good tip for ganking with Rengar, most people dont even realize that its not like they MUST jump on a champion during the gank

Cage Aniron

03-03-2013

To be honest if they would make his stun ether do more damage or stun longer, i think he would beable to do more in both the jungle and lane, because i feel i can take a huge amount of damage with 9/21/0 masteries, and still do damage with some flat AD runes.

i just cant stay on a dude with out a bush. which sucks because he just isnt fast enough to stick to someone other wise.

DreMLoK

03-03-2013

Quote:
what a joke, but i'll tell you what rengar really needs, revert his cd nerf on his Q back to 6 seconds, then revert the AS component on his Q back to 3 seconds, now he is viable top and jungle. DO IT

KetiaX

03-03-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cage Aniron View Post
To be honest if they would make his stun ether do more damage or stun longer, i think he would beable to do more in both the jungle and lane, because i feel i can take a huge amount of damage with 9/21/0 masteries, and still do damage with some flat AD runes.

i just cant stay on a dude with out a bush. which sucks because he just isnt fast enough to stick to someone other wise.
As a lane Rengar, you're not supposed to stick on a target. All you need to do is get into brush, jump on the enemy champion, nuke them, walk back to brush, repeat until they're forced to back out to base. If they don't, then you can just straight out kill them.