Isn't Rengar a little bit too weak?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

The Roonage

03-02-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow Master View Post
I smell theorycrafting.

Rengar's range isn't large enough to jump on someone at the other side of the lane, so all the enemy laners have to do is stand on the other side of the lane and farm, while Rengar sits and wastes time.

That's kind of his whole counter... being on the other side of the lane from the bushes.
i think in this situation, the thresh would be getting a lot of the cs and the thresh would be zoning the **** out of the enemy bot lane

Hollywood Cool

03-02-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xelnath View Post
Have you heard about the meta-breaking group with Rengar?

I haven't tried it yet, but I heard it goes:

Quinn Top - AP Mid / Standard Jungle - Thresh /Rengar - Bot.

Rengar all-ins the AD, then clicks lantern to escape back into the brush. Thresh protects for 6-7 sec, then Rengar does it again.
Hardly meta-breaking. Just adjust your positioning and deny Rengar farm. He's not bursty enough to lay out an ADC with one hit anymore. Try that against a Taric, go ahead. :P
I'll tell you how it'd go.
"Hi I'm Rengar I'm pouncingOHGOD *stun* *escape with 1/5 health or gives the first blood*"
With that you'd be sent back to spawn faster than a dude or dudette on a bad date with Miss Fortune, depending on your ADC. It's a neat idea but it's not as effective as Talon bot.

Shadow Master

03-02-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Roonage View Post
i think in this situation, the thresh would be getting a lot of the cs and the thresh would be zoning the **** out of the enemy bot lane
Having Thresh farm instead of Rengar?
So Rengar becomes utterly useless at lack of gold?
No matter how you spin it, it doesn't work.

And how would Thresh zone a ranged ADC anyway?

The primary issue is that Rengar would not be able to leap out of the bushes at enemies on the other side of the lane, thus effectively leaving Thresh 1vs2. And Thresh can't do anything alone.

Thresh would have to go in then, while Rengar would then be forced to run out of the bushes and not be able to engage with a leap.

It just doesn't work in any way.

Carnagè

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-02-2013

Quote:

Rengar all-ins the AD, then clicks lantern to escape back into the brush. Thresh protects for 6-7 sec, then Rengar does it again.
Pretty sure this has nothing to do with rengar. Pantheon could probably be just as effective with thresh. Full combo with stun then lantern away.

Dorotheus

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

03-02-2013

Quote:

That sounds amazing. So yea... like I said... not weak :>

Dorotheus

Recruiter

03-03-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carnag View Post
Pretty sure this has nothing to do with rengar. Pantheon could probably be just as effective with thresh. Full combo with stun then lantern away.
So do it.

Sojs

03-03-2013

rengars only purpose is counter picking ad carrys in 3vs3

Eleshakai

03-03-2013

I think the problem with Rengar is that his kit is way too complete that it makes him incredibly hard, if not impossible, to balance.

Really Rengar's kit has everything:
He has a high burst attack.
A Repeatable gap closer
Stealth
Anti-stealth
Healing
Defensive steroid
offensive steroid
pushing capacity
tower clear
soft cc(slow)
hard cc(root)

Really... his kit is just too complete. If his numbers weren't out of whack, he'd be absolutely bs op.

Redeemed In Fire

03-03-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow Master View Post
I smell theorycrafting.

Rengar's range isn't large enough to jump on someone at the other side of the lane, so all the enemy laners have to do is stand on the other side of the lane and farm, while Rengar sits and wastes time.

That's kind of his whole counter... being on the other side of the lane from the bushes.
Actually, you'd be surprised how much range Rengar's jump has. I actually photoshopped some images to figure out the area coverage Rengar gets once you factor in the small grace period he gets to jump after exiting a brush: http://imgur.com/a/DGP25 (top lane and done pre-season 3, but the point stands)

They'd have to stand smack dab in the river entrance to avoid being Rengar'd, and then they are super open to ganks.

Xelnath

Systems Designer

03-03-2013
11 of 16 Riot Posts

Don't forget to factor in that after he jumps to a minion, he can immediate use his E Bola to do ranged harass. So not only does he have that range, he can do ranged nuke harass from even further if minions are around.