@ Riot Lyte: Honor system needs to be tweaked

First Riot Post
123456 ... 7
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

The Cookie

03-02-2013

Right below Rioter! OMG <3

TeaKettleTempest

03-02-2013

Thanks Lyte, it's good to hear that there will be more things like the Santa Baron. Excited to see what you guys come up with and I'm glad you are still evolving the honor system.

Mimieh

03-02-2013

Hello Lyte, look your e-mail please.

Cryswar

03-02-2013

1 honor every 4-6 games? lul I get ~1 a game. No wonder getting Teamwork ribbon back after afking for a few months was so easy.

If only helpful was half as easy

TeaKettleTempest

03-02-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cryswar View Post
1 honor every 4-6 games? lul I get ~1 a game. No wonder getting Teamwork ribbon back after afking for a few months was so easy.

If only helpful was half as easy
I seem to get honor every time I play a bot game for some reason. But for regular games even if I play great and have nothing but positive communication with my team, people don't even think to use the feature.

MysteltainSensei

03-02-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyte View Post
There's a few misunderstandings that I want to clear up.

When Honor first launched, there was a huge spike in usage--this is true for every feature that has ever launched for League of Legends. We should not assume that the 'launch spike' is normal usage--in fact, it's far above normal usage.

Right now, you are a positive player getting about 1 Honor every 4-6 games--that's normal usage, and that's not bad. In fact, the Honor Initiative awards badges based on the consistency and value of Honors received, not the total number of points--in other words, it normalizes the number of games played so that players who play a lot of games don't have an advantage over those who don't.

There are more players who have Great Mentor, Great Leader and Great Teammate badges now than at launch--this is because we recently tweaked the badge settings to account for "normal" usage. There are about half as many players who have the Honorable Opponent badge.

There's a lot we want to do with Honor still, and stuff like Santa Baron Summoner Icons was just the beginning; however, I wanted to jump in and clear up any misunderstandings here.
really? i almost never see people giving out team work, honorable opponent, helpful and friendly at all.

phatcat09

03-02-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyte View Post
Right now, you are a positive player getting about 1 Honor every 4-6 games--that's normal usage, and that's not bad.
but not good enough for a ribbon apparently.

Noxian Zell

03-02-2013

I dont care about honor anymore ever since I have lost my great leader badge.

Because of people not honoring. I JUST DONT CARE ANYMORE

bannie

03-02-2013

meh. never cared about the badges. those with badges are more likely *******s anyway

TeaKettleTempest

03-02-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Makarov View Post
I dont care about honor anymore ever since I have lost my great leader badge.

Because of people not honoring. I JUST DONT CARE ANYMORE
This is kind of what I was getting at by tweaking the system. The definition of normal usage has changed, and it seems like at the rate people give honor now, being positive in all your games is no longer enough to earn a ribbon. You have to do something to remind people to honor, which is dangerously close to just asking for honor. If I honor someone else sometimes I tell them in the chat that I am doing it, and usually they will honor back just because you reminded them the system exists. But that doesn't feel right

123456 ... 7