Is Irelia in a good spot?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Xanthalis

03-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legendary Cookie View Post
Any thoughts on Triforce Vs Iceborn Gauntlet?
Which is better for her?

Also, when should i get Merc Threads instead of Zephyr/ Zephyr instead of Merc Threads?
I'm no pro, but I'd say TF on her 9.5 times outta 10. The attack speed is key on her, the move speed is really nice. The main strenght of IBG is the aoe slow. I don't want to understate how nice it is, especially because her Q will apply it. I would just say that I don't feel it's needed on her since she doesn't have a lot of troubles sticking to targets.

Also, I'd say that Wit's isn't as needed on her in S3, so it's nice to get the attack speed. I really only get Wit's if the MR would be handy.

You don't need Merc's and Zephyr, unless there's some crazy amount of CC all focused on you. Even then.... just go tanky boots, if you don't need them, get CD boots or Zerkers.

Legendary Cookie

03-01-2013

Bump.

I'm thinking that you only should get Wit's end vs 2 or more AP champs, because Botrk and Zephyr seem like better choices to me.

A simple "standard" build i think would like this:

Boots
Triforce
Botrk
Zephyr
Warmogs
Guardians Angel

It's situational, of course, but is that a good standard to go by?

Olek Skilgannon

03-01-2013

Quote:
When should Triforce, Iceborn and Mallet be built? Since i'm guessing that building 2 of said items at the same time is a bad idea..? Triforce + Mallet might work, but i'm guessing there better options..?

Triforce + mallet is almost as bad as zephyr + merc treads.
If you bought sheen, and need sticking power + tankiness, go with Iceborn. I don't ever build FM on her, since season 3, I myself have not even built a sheen item on her.

My normal build is usually:

BotRK
Randuins Omen
Spirit Visage
Zephyr
Guardian Angel
Berserker's Greaves.

This isn't a set in stone build either. Once you start playing Irelia, you'll learn you can't just build the same thing every game.

Sunfire/Frozen Heart/Aegis into Bulwark heck even Thornmail are all worth considering. You always need to keep the enemy team in mind.

However, Randuins is probably an item you can get 100% of your games that there is an ADC. They will no longer be able to kite you allowing you to instagib them

Olek Skilgannon

03-01-2013

Quote:
Bump.

I'm thinking that you only should get Wit's end vs 2 or more AP champs, because Botrk and Zephyr seem like better choices to me.

A simple "standard" build i think would like this:

Boots
Triforce
Botrk
Zephyr
Warmogs
Guardians Angel

It's situational, of course, but is that a good standard to go by?
Yeah, that's strong. Damage + Durability.

Legendary Cookie

03-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xanthalis View Post
I'm no pro, but I'd say TF on her 9.5 times outta 10. The attack speed is key on her, the move speed is really nice. The main strenght of IBG is the aoe slow. I don't want to understate how nice it is, especially because her Q will apply it. I would just say that I don't feel it's needed on her since she doesn't have a lot of troubles sticking to targets.

Also, I'd say that Wit's isn't as needed on her in S3, so it's nice to get the attack speed. I really only get Wit's if the MR would be handy.

You don't need Merc's and Zephyr, unless there's some crazy amount of CC all focused on you. Even then.... just go tanky boots, if you don't need them, get CD boots or Zerkers.
If she doesn't have trouble sticking to targets, then TF is probably the best choice, i suppose.
Maybe get Frozen Mallet instead if you really need survivability.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Olek Skilgannon View Post
Triforce + mallet is almost as bad as zephyr + merc treads.
If you bought sheen, and need sticking power + tankiness, go with Iceborn. I don't ever build FM on her, since season 3, I myself have not even built a sheen item on her.

My normal build is usually:

BotRK
Randuins Omen
Spirit Visage
Zephyr
Guardian Angel
Berserker's Greaves.

This isn't a set in stone build either. Once you start playing Irelia, you'll learn you can't just build the same thing every game.

Sunfire/Frozen Heart/Aegis into Bulwark heck even Thornmail are all worth considering. You always need to keep the enemy team in mind.

However, Randuins is probably an item you can get 100% of your games that there is an ADC. They will no longer be able to kite you allowing you to instagib them
Spirit Visage doesn't seem to work very well with Irelia. Wouldn't building health be better?

Also, can Frozen heart be built instead of Randuins? I like FH better.

Irelia Carries U

03-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoruichi View Post
Watch WIckd play her as opposed to pretty much anybody else. There's nothing particularly hard about her, it's that she's a character who can handle her own against anybody up top. You build/skill/rune her up differently against different characters because there really isn't anybody who can beat her outright.

All of her "hard counters" can be beat by playing her in a different style. If you're unfamiliar with Irelia, a Teemo will smash you, an Olaf would, Jayce, Elise, etc.
Watching wickd play her makes me feel sloppy

PureDestruction

03-01-2013

Quote:
What makes her a 7, exactly?

She doesn't seem that hard. Could you elaborate?
acctually learning how to chain her skills together early game to win lane is the hard part about her, like for example you'll see alot of noob irelias not active w before qing to the enemy champ, q applys on hit damage so that q adds an extra 75 true damage if you turn on w before.

Irelia Carries U

03-01-2013

Quote:
If she doesn't have trouble sticking to targets, then TF is probably the best choice, i suppose.
Maybe get Frozen Mallet instead if you really need survivability.

Spirit Visage doesn't seem to work very well with Irelia. Wouldn't building health be better?

Also, can Frozen heart be built instead of Randuins? I like FH better.
Randuins is much better, it gives you health on top of the defenses : p fh is a ryze item

Yoruichi

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irelia Carries U View Post
Watching wickd play her makes me feel sloppy
Exactly.

I feel like I'm decent on her, and I can win most of my lanes. But watching wickd makes me feel like Irel noob.

RiotGoodKing

Champion Herald

Follow RiotWenceslaus on Twitter

03-01-2013
1 of 2 Riot Posts

5 pages of Irelia discussion? Better nerf her.