So now at level 1 Hecarim will only have to do 300 damage to hit the cap

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Henry Plainview

03-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by flatherd View Post
Then why would you guys approve a change whithout checking this?
Phreak did not approve anything...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenjin View Post
Ill just sit back and watch Heca's win rate fall down, nobody play him anymore and expect Riot to see the unnecessary changes... Phreak said he needed a nerf because he was op, then PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF GOD EXPLAIN ME THAT 56% WIN RATE SINGED THAT NEVER GOT TOUCHED... every single champ that went on high win rates got nerfed. Ezreal is even below 50% now, they are nerfing amumu again, and yet Singed remains happy with the 2nd~1s highest win rate again...
As a TT player, let me add: delete Singed.

LOLDozer

03-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phreak View Post
When would that ever actually happen though? On the first clear you're supposed to have a hard leash on Blue, then use Smite on Red, and then you're going to be like level 5+ and have Spirit Stone and maybe a Pickaxe and would still clear it in just a few seconds.

And again he's getting faster clear speed through the Q buff, meaning less damage taken. I think it equals out.

If you aren't ganking at least twice through your first set of double buffs, I feel like you're doing it wrong or your opponents ward like bosses. Of course it's going to add more health to him overall.W is obviously a rank 4-5 nerf. No way it isn't. Hecarim's getting nerfed; that's certain. But when the thread is "Wow dude my level 1 clear sucks harder now" that's just not true.
What is "supposed" to happen is often far different than what is "actually" happening.

Phreak

Shoutcaster

03-01-2013
7 of 8 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by flatherd View Post
Then why would you guys approve a change whithout checking this?
My personal job is not to figure out people's jungle speeds. It's Live Design's. I trust they did it; I just don't know the numbers myself.

Riot is not just one big mind-share where everyone knows everything. I have no idea what champion or skin IronStylus is working on next, or what the latest bugs the Spectator/Replay team are tackling. I just know they're smart people and I'm going to like what they come up with.

VictusOmnis

03-01-2013

Quote:
I'm looking forward to how you feel about his jungling after the changes. I know we do a lot of testing on things like this, especially jungle clears: It's really easy to say, "Yeah I went Machete+5, got a leash on Blue, and cleared to level 4 at X:XX with YYY Health and Z potions left." That's one thing we do very successfully with our jungle changes.

I wasn't around when that got tested, but I trust whatever Live Design came up with.
My trust with your Live Design disappeared with all those bull Rengar nerfs and that laughable "buff".

Cronovey

03-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henry Plainview View Post
As a TT player, let me add: delete Singed.
LOL'd, not gonna lie.

Out of curiousity, too, what do you think of the nerfs to potential AP Hecarim builds? He has pretty solid ratios and his Q/E played well with Lichbane procs as well; a potential build along the lines of Lichbane, Rylai's, Liandry's, Spirit Visage, and Sunfire Cape was quite fun to build, and if you could allow it, dropping the defensive items for a Void Staff and Rabadon's was entertaining and a build most people didn't expect.

This large cooldown increase actually affects this build quite a bit, as maxing W with your AP and Magic Pen runes was the most effective way to build this. While post level 9 it won't be much of an issue, it actually ruins AP Hecarim's early game. Were there any thoughts put into this before making these changes, or is this something that was overlooked when making these changes because it isn't a popular build (similar to how AP Tryndamere has only recently snatched the spotlight)?

Slinkywheel

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-01-2013

Hecarim was OP.

PallasAthens

03-01-2013

Ah phreak, don't be hard on these people. There's a reason why Hec is a ridiculous pick atm, its' because he can heal an obscene amount in a team fight. And I mean obscene. And if he gets fed enough, he can easily 1v5 until his team gets there.

Maou

03-01-2013

Phreak can we make a dirty video together? <3

Free Gray Screen

03-01-2013

Quote:
Riot is not just one big mind-share where everyone knows everything.
RlOT WHY YOU NO HAVE HIVE MIND?!

WHY YOU NOT ON PAR WITH TEH BORG?!

Phreak

Shoutcaster

03-01-2013
8 of 8 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Free Gray Screen View Post
RlOT WHY YOU NO HAVE HIVE MIND?!

WHY YOU NOT ON PAR WITH TEH BORG?!
The best we can hope for is to learn from the Vulcuns.