Please Do this to Fizz

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Phreak

Shoutcaster

03-01-2013
1 of 1 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoxMindedGuy View Post
Make Playful cost half of the current mana (45 at level 1, 65 at level 5) and then Trickster cost the other half (45 at level 1, 65 at level 5). Fizz struggles for mana (especially early game), I think this will help his case and make him somewhat viable for Ranked Games.

Right now, he has only been picked once in a 2v1 mid lane and lost.

Just for reference, Rappel gives a mad AOE vision, costs no mana, has 1075 range, gives untargetability for 2 whole seconds (compare to Fizz 0.5 seconds, followed by a potential 0.5 seconds IF Fizz E's again). So i think it is justifiable that the mana cost on Playful is reduced. This seems like a good way.
Playful/Trickster deals damage, slows, and can be used to move away from people.

Judging by the mere fact that he's picked and banned in the LCS because top-level players are afraid of a well-played Fizz tells me he's fine.

Fizzº

03-01-2013

mana cost and trickster cooldowns are not fine despite bans
compare karthus's "q" harrass cooldowns to fizz'z how can fizz harrass back just as an example
fizz gets to burst 1 time w, q ,e then he burnt all his mana and has to take more punishment from endless low mana near no cd karthus "q" spam

The Roonage

03-01-2013

rappel also ****s you if you lag a little on a champ on the edge of its range

Lvl 8 Psyduck

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-01-2013

tl;dr Fizz is fine

Echous

03-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phreak View Post
Playful/Trickster deals damage, slows, and can be used to move away from people.

Judging by the mere fact that he's picked and banned in the LCS because top-level players are afraid of a well-played Fizz tells me he's fine.
WRONG!

Fix his freaking E glitch.

Yeah he is in a good balance place but fix his freaking glitch so he doesn't die or miss kills just because your game glitches!

GURAHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!

As you can see I don't like this glitch.

Redeemed In Fire

03-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoxMindedGuy View Post
Make Playful cost half of the current mana (45 at level 1, 65 at level 5) and then Trickster cost the other half (45 at level 1, 65 at level 5). Fizz struggles for mana (especially early game), I think this will help his case and make him somewhat viable for Ranked Games.

Right now, he has only been picked once in a 2v1 mid lane and lost.

Just for reference, Rappel gives a mad AOE vision, costs no mana, has 1075 range, gives untargetability for 2 whole seconds (compare to Fizz 0.5 seconds, followed by a potential 0.5 seconds IF Fizz E's again). So i think it is justifiable that the mana cost on Playful is reduced. This seems like a good way.
I really like it, but he'd have to lose a buttload of damage to justify it =/

Rain13ow Dash

03-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phreak View Post
afraid of a well-played Fizz
But it was ZionSpartan playing him, not Tabzz :P

Fisherman Fizz

03-01-2013

Also quick thing, the reason you think he has mana issues isn't because of the mana cost of his E. That's fine as it is. The mana issues you're perceiving come from the fact that he has the 10th worst base mana regeneration in the game (the very worst of any AP champion excluding Sion) and the 26th worst base mana (the only arguably AP champions that are worse are Tristana, Master Yi, and Twisted Fate who has innate mana restoration already). It's not because his E is too expensive, it's meant to cost that much to punish players for using it incorrectly. If you want to make his mana easier to manage, the easiest way would be to increase his mana regen per level, but I don't think he needs changes anyway.

Uiraya

03-01-2013

Please Do this to Fizz:

Delete Fizz.

Signed, Lux main.
~Uiru

LightToasted

03-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fizz View Post
mana cost and trickster cooldowns are not fine despite bans
compare karthus's "q" harrass cooldowns to fizz'z how can fizz harrass back just as an example
fizz gets to burst 1 time w, q ,e then he burnt all his mana and has to take more punishment from endless low mana near no cd karthus "q" spam

Fizz's harass costs very little if you just w, q. But conversely if you go crazy and use e as well when not necessary, you burn alot of mana, similar to if karthus uses wall and his AOE. Fizz is also a single target assassin who can escape almost any situation while karthus is an aoe monster with very few escapes.

I think the mana cost on playful trickster is fine, as it is not a spell you should be able to spam, as it is extremely good with the rest of fizz's kit, and it rewards players who use if properly, rather than diving headfirst into bad engages and escaping for with no punishment. Any mana users who spam their spells on cd will quickly run out of mana, be more conservative with your play/tricksters. I also love fizz myself.

Remember when the mana cost on gragas's bodyslam was reduced to be flat at all levels, yeah he became FOTM. Its better in some cases to make players decide how to wisely spend the resources they are given,