So now at level 1 Hecarim will only have to do 300 damage to hit the cap

First Riot Post
12345678 ... 12
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Groxxy

03-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phreak View Post
You're thinking about it the wrong way. Hecarim's Q deals 16.6% more damage at rank 1. I don't care what kind of math you do it after that; it's dealing 16.6% more damage. His clear is faster.

Maybe a little. However, it was only ever up once on any given camp anyway, and you got to wait on the cooldown while you moved around between camps. Not really that concerned about this one.

Remember also that you're completely forgetting the fact that in anything before rank 3 of the ability, you're healing for more than before in every other situation, which definitely includes all the ganks you should be doing because... Well you're Hecarim. Let's be real. Fighting champions is like what that guy does.

You're referring to the "scraped" patch notes put up by fansites on the PBE? The ones that base their "patch notes" upon updates to the tooltips? We updated the tooltip because it was factually inaccurate.

Also, you're calling Spirit of Dread (Hecarim's W) his E. That kinda hurts your credibility man.
Phreak I understand you're gonna be defensive, but do the math first before you comment. God knows the Riot Zealot army will do it and then shove it down your throat later.

I say that purely as advice.

Taliesin

03-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phreak View Post
Honestly, yeah it is a nerf.
The honesty is appreciated.

Best Furry NA

03-01-2013

Hey Phreak. Off-topic, but while you're here, legitimate question:

What's your favorite Champ to use Trinity Force on?

~Glacialwrath

Phreak

Shoutcaster

03-01-2013
5 of 8 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taliesin View Post
I'll give you the benefit of the doubt regarding Dread's damage bugfix. But since Dread is at rank 1 until level 8, that's a damned long time you have to contend with that 16 second cooldown. And while you may only use it once for most camps, I used to use it twice for first red clear. Dragon will also be affected. And I imagine there'll be times now when you'll get to the next camp and it'll still be cooling down from the last.

It's a good thing that you'll be getting more health from ganks, because it's likely that you'll be coming out of the jungle with less health than before.

And thanks for catching the E/W thing, I accidentally referred to it as both in my post. Edited that. Doesn't change the fact that I have more games played as Hecarim than any other champion :/
I'm looking forward to how you feel about his jungling after the changes. I know we do a lot of testing on things like this, especially jungle clears: It's really easy to say, "Yeah I went Machete+5, got a leash on Blue, and cleared to level 4 at X:XX with YYY Health and Z potions left." That's one thing we do very successfully with our jungle changes.

I wasn't around when that got tested, but I trust whatever Live Design came up with.

Matthevv

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheeto101 View Post
his early ganks arn't exactly fantastic
You are trolling right? You have got to be trolling or at least you have never played a single plat or diamond ranked game in the last few weeks. I think people forget that Riot balances for us high elo players as well as the normal elo players.

lol I died again

03-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glacialwrath View Post
You're.... Challenging Phreak.... A known, high-tier jungler...
Yes.
What's he gonna do about it?
Accept the challenge and try to beat me in-game?

Moosenocalypse

03-01-2013

I love how no-one has even mentioned lizard elder was nerfed too which I think was basically shooting the dead horse with a cannon.

Best Furry NA

03-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by lol I died again View Post
Yes.
What's he gonna do about it?
Accept the challenge and try to beat me in-game?

Smart man....

Cheeto101

03-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthevv View Post
You are trolling right? You have got to be trolling or at least you have never played a single plat or diamond ranked game in the last few weeks. I think people forget that Riot balances for us high elo players as well as the normal elo players.
They arn't. Hec has a speed up and a knockback that is only useful if he is in front of the enemy or the enemy is in front of a wall. So his CC is, at best, average, but his early damage is mediocre to poor on top of all of that.

Add that together, and his early ganks are no where near as scary as many of the other top tier junglers (Lee, Mao, J4, Xin, Vi etc.) and he is vulnerable to counter ganks from any of the above. No one is picking Hec for his early ganks. They are picking him for his initiation and his late game.

Phreak

Shoutcaster

03-01-2013
6 of 8 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Groxxy View Post
Phreak I understand you're gonna be defensive, but do the math first before you comment. God knows the Riot Zealot army will do it and then shove it down your throat later.

I say that purely as advice.
Well, it would be 20% more damage (50 -> 60), but with Movement Speed or AD quintessences and random runes and such, I gave it an extra 10 base damage to account for that kind of stuff. Might be overstated, but oh well.

12345678 ... 12