So now at level 1 Hecarim will only have to do 300 damage to hit the cap

First Riot Post
1234511 ... 12
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Henry Plainview

03-01-2013

Instead of 600. But he has to wait 6 more seconds for it. Thanks Riot for claiming that you're buffing his early game when you're actually nerfing it...

Minister of Pie

03-01-2013

Just activate W later than you normally would.

Done.

Taliesin

03-01-2013

Yep. They dressed this patch up as "buff his early game and nerf his late game".

But I guarantee it's a straight-up nerf to him at all phases of the game.

His already shaky earlygame is now shakier, and there's less of a reward waiting for you if you survive to late.

Bloody sucks.

The two points people need to remember about Hecarim (which weren't mentioned in the patch notes) are that both his Q and his W are capped against minions. So for jungle Hecarim (the only Hecarim, currently), the Q buff is only 6.6 damage instead of 10 and the early W buff doesn't actually give him any extra healing at all. He already got the full heal cap every time he used W at 10%, so this literally gives him nothing. However, the fact that he's waiting an extra 6 seconds to recast it every time is going to mean less healing and less damage. I'm also not convinced that the "bug fix" to W's damage is anything of the sort. In the PBE, it was listed as a damage nerf. I think calling it a bug fix now is just a PR move :/

Omni1

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-01-2013

He deserves a nerf, his early game was so safe that he had no weaknesses all game and usually just snowballed.

Henry Plainview

03-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minister of Pie View Post
Just activate W later than you normally would.

Done.
I'm confused, wouldn't that mean you get it even less often because the cooldown doesn't start ticking until later?

JLawL

03-01-2013

Hecarim does not have a bad early game. Just because he doesn't have a GOOD early game does not mean it shouldn't be nerfed.

A full build Hecarim is almost as bad as a full build Nasus. There is literally nothing you can do but watch him destroy everything around him. That kind of late game power deserves a weak early game. Not just a mediocre early game. He is too damn strong.

And I say this as someone who loves Hecarim and Nasus both. For that single reason. The time bomb that is late game for both of them. Beat them fast or don't beat them.

Taliesin

03-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omni1 View Post
He deserves a nerf, his early game was so safe that he had no weaknesses all game and usually just snowballed.
Please, please tell me this is sarcasm. Hecarim has (and will continue to have, even more so) one of the weakest early jungles out of any jungler currently being run. If he meets a Vi, Xin, Mundo, Olaf, Skarner, Lee Sin, Shaco, etc etc etc and they are on even footing (same level/health), he has to run from them or he will die. He's so easy to invade against, it's ridiculous.

BACKSTABUUU

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-01-2013

When they mentioned buffing his early game, I'm pretty sure they were referring to the damage buff on his Q, which will be pretty noticeable.

Phreak

Shoutcaster

03-01-2013
1 of 8 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taliesin View Post
The two points people need to remember about Hecarim (which weren't mentioned in the patch notes) are that both his Q and his E are capped against minions. So for jungle Hecarim (the only Hecarim, currently), the Q buff is only 6.6 damage instead of 10 and the early E buff doesn't actually give him any extra healing at all.
You're thinking about it the wrong way. Hecarim's Q deals 16.6% more damage at rank 1. I don't care what kind of math you do it after that; it's dealing 16.6% more damage. His clear is faster.

Quote:
He already got the full heal cap every time he used E at 10%, so this literally gives him nothing. However, the fact that he's waiting an extra 6 seconds to recast it every time is going to mean less healing and less damage.
Maybe a little. However, it was only ever up once on any given camp anyway, and you got to wait on the cooldown while you moved around between camps. Not really that concerned about this one.

Remember also that you're completely forgetting the fact that in anything before rank 3 of the ability, you're healing for more than before in every other situation, which definitely includes all the ganks you should be doing because... Well you're Hecarim. Let's be real. Fighting champions is like what that guy does.

Quote:
I'm also not convinced that the "bug fix" to E's damage is anything of the sort. In the PBE, it was listed as a damage nerf. I think calling it a bug fix is just PR :/
You're referring to the "scraped" patch notes put up by fansites on the PBE? The ones that base their "patch notes" upon updates to the tooltips? We updated the tooltip because it was factually inaccurate.

Also, you're calling Spirit of Dread (Hecarim's W) his E. That kinda hurts your credibility man.

Henry Plainview

03-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by die4769 View Post
When they mentioned buffing his early game, I'm pretty sure they were referring to the damage buff on his Q, which will be pretty noticeable.
No, it really won't.

1234511 ... 12