If Morello is disconnected with Live Team

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Eph289

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

02-28-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solcrushed View Post
Hey Hey Hey
Aren't you supposed to be guarding a Demonstone?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Space Wizzard

Senior Member

02-28-2013

Neuter fighters pls.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

BlackIronBeast

Senior Member

02-28-2013

Talk to us about MOREdekaiser, please! http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/...3176825&page=2


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Riot Pwyff

Player Communications

Follow Riot Pwyff on Twitter

02-28-2013
18 of 23 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by LightEcho View Post
So keeping the magic damage burnout is somehow core to shyvana? huh that's an odd notion.
I wouldn't say core, but I'd say the alternative (physical damage burnout) is maybe less core?

MAKE SENSE?

This conversation got really microintensive fast. Whew.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

BlackIronBeast

Senior Member

02-28-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riot Pwyff View Post
I wouldn't say core, but I'd say the alternative (physical damage burnout) is maybe less core?

MAKE SENSE?

This conversation got really microintensive fast. Whew.
Say something about Mordekaiser in this thread about reworking him http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/...1#post35143185 or at least bump it so everyone who sees RIOT will click on it


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Riot Pwyff

Player Communications

Follow Riot Pwyff on Twitter

02-28-2013
19 of 23 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackIronBeast View Post
Say something about Mordekaiser in this thread about reworking him http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/...1#post35143185 or at least bump it so everyone who sees RIOT will click on it
I can't really commit the design team to reworks for very obvious reasons (they will kill me, most likely), bbbbut... would it make you feel better if I read it? Maybe if it's really good (I usually only play Morde to counter Kassadin and LB) I'll print it out and throw it at people.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

RockJockey

Senior Member

02-28-2013

Pwyff, let me ask you the same question differently, if the scaling and the type of damage are at odds with each other, then shouldn't the Damage Type needs to be switched because this forces the player to build less than ideal items?

Example:
If Anivia's ability's all dealt physical damage, but scale better with AP, that means no matter how you build, you are losing out on Item Optimization when you have to build Cross Penetration

Anivia's new build cuz of Physical Damage
Boot's of Lucidity - forced to these boots cuz of cross penetration
Rod of Ages
Seraph's Embrace
Rabadon's
Zhonya's Hourglass
Last Whisperer - forced to build AD Penetration in order to deal damage, with the loss of extra AP means Anivia will deal less damage overall than if she had correct Damage Type

Historical Example: Miss Fortune's Ultimate was changed from Magic Damage to Physical Damage so she could itemize better.

P.S. Riot has been very good at buffing and nerfing champions and items in order to create balance and I trust in Riot's decision making. (Not to say Riot is perfect.) I only hope that Shyvana will see something come her way.

If you want to see my suggestions, look at previous posts. Just Remember, Burnout his her main damage outside of AAing.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

LightEcho

Senior Member

02-28-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riot Pwyff View Post
I wouldn't say core, but I'd say the alternative (physical damage burnout) is maybe less core?

MAKE SENSE?

This conversation got really microintensive fast. Whew.
I dunno form a game play perspective Black Cleaver Shyvana sounds pretty awesome, and Shyv could run armor pen runes.(well maybe, arpen marks are kinda rubbish in season 3)


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Teemo Support GG

Senior Member

02-28-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riot Pwyff View Post
I can't really commit the design team to reworks for very obvious reasons (they will kill me, most likely), bbbbut... would it make you feel better if I read it? Maybe if it's really good (I usually only play Morde to counter Kassadin and LB) I'll print it out and throw it at people.
It'll make me feel worse if you read it.

Morde must stay where he is for the safety of the rest of the champions!


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Riot Pwyff

Player Communications

Follow Riot Pwyff on Twitter

02-28-2013
20 of 23 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockJockey View Post
Pwyff, let me ask you the same question differently, if the scaling and the type of damage are at odds with each other, then shouldn't the Damage Type needs to be switched because this forces the player to build less than ideal items?

Example:
If Anivia's ability's all dealt physical damage, but scale better with AP, that means no matter how you build, you are losing out on Item Optimization when you have to build Cross Penetration

Morde's new build
Boot's of Lucidity - forced to these boots cuz of cross penetration
Rod of Ages
Seraph's Embrace
Rabadon's
Zhonya's Hourglass
Last Whisperer - forced to build AD Penetration in order to deal damage, with the loss of extra AP means Anivia will deal less damage overall than if she had correct Damage Type

Historical Example: Miss Fortune's Ultimate was changed from Magic Damage to Physical Damage so she could itemize better.

P.S. Riot has been very good at buffing and nerfing champions and items in order to create balance and I trust in Riot's decision making. (Not to say Riot is perfect.) I only hope that Shyvana will see something come her way.

If you want to see my suggestions, look at previous posts.
I'm actually heading home from the office right now, but I wonder about armor pen / magic pen. S3 introduced new penetration formulas (flat pen taking place before % pen) that made everyone value magic / armor penetration - hence Haunting Guise being a semi-standard on a lot of APs where before a late game Void Staff might have sufficed.

Maybe a lot of Shyvana's woes do come from her dealing magic damage as opposed to physical damage. Then again, her damage numbers are typically VERY high overall even without that armor penetration + physical damage synergy.

Anyway, at this point in time I do wonder if we're focusing too much on Shyvana being able to use Black Cleaver to its full extent. If the overarching conversation is about making Shyvana relevant in S3, you'd applaud a change that accomplished that, yes? Do you think there are other places we could look to 'fix' Shyvana?